GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
It was quite a race i couldnt believe how lucky people got at times like Maverick, Vanthoor and Tafuro (thats two consecutive races it was coming) ;)

I cannot believe at the moment i only have 4 points i am going at nearly 500 points for a championship point. I feel i am being ripped off ;)
i hope this will be the last technical problem of the season:(
Hi lads i have an important question to ask you all. I using zandvoort off of gp4db the 2005 version and i have a ridiculous number of retirements, there are 9 runners left with 22 out of 53 laps run. I go on holiday tomorrow so if you want a different circuit to be run or a rerun with a better dat then i will have to pass on race directing duties. Hopefully TrueCrysis has got the csm working since he volunteered to run a round in my abscence and could run this too but of course i will check with him first unless anyone else could run it. What i am tempted to do since the result plays out the same irregardless of how many times i run it i will get to half way and stop the race making that the official results? I am really pushed for time so i have about 4-5 hours before a decision must be made. Apoligies for putting pressure on you for an answer
I know there is a version of Zandvoort, which works better, but I don't know which one it is, at the moment.

But honestly, I would just skip it for now and maybe re-run it at the end of the season, with a better track version. Only taking half of the race is not an option, in my opinion.

And under normal circumstances I'd run a weekend, of course. But at the moment I really don't know where to find the time for it. So you can send me the NationsCup password, just in case, but the chances are small that I'll be able to do it. But if so, I'll talk to TrueCrysis first.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Ok well thats probably the best way to postpone it now then, With postponing it i will give all the points back and then people can reallocate them as they see fit.

That is ok i have pmed you the links to the spreadsheet and the csm just in case
ok well shall i base myself on the assumption that zandvoort has been postponed and we are moving on to the next circuit?

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I agree with the idea to postpone. That way there is time to find a better version of the circuit

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Announcement regarding Zandvoort

The Nations Cup team would like to announce that the race at zandvoort has been postponed to later in the season due to the danger surrounding the track. Since this affects the way people have used there perf spends all those who did spend will be refunded the points to continue as if the round will be run later on. My thanks go to TrueCrysis who is going to run the next round for you so expect an announcement from him regarding that.
Yup thanks ben, i am going to be running hopefully atleast the next round, maybe more, so be nice ;)

Anyway Send Perf's to Truecrysis, NOT GPGNC account, by midday friday please, thats 12 this coming friday, want to get one in this weekend please!

thanks
mirko

guys just a quick question to you all, would you prefer to have the spa 2001 version used (ie the default game version), or the new layout with the spa 2009 version?
i can run either one and im just checking out how well the cars drive on both, but please feel free to give your opinion

I don't really mind, as long as both versions run smoothly without too many incidents. I haven't tested the Spa 2009 version, yet. But if it runs okay, I'd take this one.

I'm easy with which ever one. As long as it runs smoothly!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Old one is nice with the old bus-stop :) But tbh, I don't really care which version you use ;)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
ok then, deadline for perfs have passed! i will try to run it this weekend and get it done for you guys!

Round 7 Belgium - Qualifying

Welcome back to the Grand Prix Games Nations Cup and today we are in Belguim at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit. The weather is perfectly clear out there so lets get qualifying under-way!

First out on track and eager to set a time is Stein of Germany, eager to set a time.

And unsurprisingly he does so! However Horvarth is right behind him also looking to set a time...

Steins pole position is very short-lived as horvarth easily takes the place from him.

Paddock becomes the 3rd pole sitter in short time as the early times fall quickly.

However Heart of Canada cannot keep the run going and slots into 3rd for the time being.

And the slow moving Canadian car parked right infront of Vukcevic means he can only grab 4th.

Yoshimoto quickly relegates him to 5th to steal 4th for himself as the first runs begin to come in thick and fast.

Razak gets bored of all the slower times ahead of him and takes half a second of the fastest time to put Malaysia at the top.

Xanthis can't quite compete although still manages 2nd. Even if he does have a difficult name to spell ;)

McGregor sets his first time of nearly exactly 1 second away from Razak at the front to get 8th place, very accurate by the aussie.

Jantsher of Austria gets going with a 4th place time.

The Dutch driver De Boer has a slow lap and slots in right at the back with 11th.

The timings board is lighting up all over the place with drivers completing laps in quick succession, Copeman grabbing a 2nd row slot for the time being.

The South African car crosses the line sporting a shiny new livery! Its very... shiny? However it does the trick as 2nd place for Hunsley

The final car of this first quick wave is Antunis of Brazil, taking 4th place.

Massive cheers echo around the grandstands as the home driver Vanthoor sets out for his first lap. Woo!

The crowd support seems to be having a good effect as Vanthoor is up by over a quarter of a second in the 2nd split...

Unfortunately we have to tear you away from that blitzing lap as the current leader of the championship crosses the line. 3rd for Maverick

Back to Vanthoor as he crosses the line... 1st! The crowd go wild as he takes 1st place, loseing a little time in the last sector but not enough to make it count. A long way to go yet though...

...and how true that is. The crowd here is immediately silenced as Tafuro's laptime pops up on the big screen. 1st by 3 thousands of a second!

Carreiro doesn't add to the excitement though, a bottom end 18th place at the moment for Portugal.

Get In! Vukcevic 3rd! Urm i mean "unbiased congratulations for Vukcevic as he takes 3rd place, we are very unbiased here at Montenegro TV" ;)

Zakes takes an 8th place, steady position for the Madagascan driver.

However Ward of Ireland also wants 8th position, and steal its from Zakes.

Urazel decides not to join the fight for 8th however and settles for a lower 15th.

Which means that Oakley can settle in behind Zakes in 10th place. Atleast i think thats correct...

The Final driver of this next wave to improve his position is Stein taking his second stab at a time. Steals 10th from England there.

The Standing after everyone has finished their first run. Tafuro kicking the home driver off of first at the moment!

Ooh whats this? As the next set of runs get under way, Xanthis is ahead after the first split!

However the 2nd sector shows a truer story as he has fallen way back. It seems the second sector is the difference between the fast and slow drivers today!

And the lap fades away to no improvement for the greek,

Antunis crosses the line and posts and improvement to 8th for Brazil, decent time there. And don't worry, the Belgian car in-front is only starting its lap, nothing missed ;)

A nice round 10th there for Yoshimoto, a few place inside the top half

And after that stunning, well good lap by the Japan driver we leave you for a hopefully short commercial break, Montenegro TV can be a bit temperamental. But everyone loves commercials, right? ;)
Round 7 Belgium - Qualifying part 2

Welcome back to this coverage of qualifying for round 7, after that version short commercial break as promised

Anyway enough about commercials, we get back to the action with McGregor setting a faster time to move himself up to 13th. Ooh Unlucky!

Zakes also makes an improvement on his time, moving up to 9th. He's been hovering around there all day...

Theres a big scrap in that 8th/9th/10th area as Oakley moves England up to 10th. Lots of rotation around there.

With a large amount of outlap traffic infront of him, Tafuro fails to improve on his first place time. He will not be best impressed with whoever arranged that one!

Another driver decides to throw himself in the midfield mixer, Carreiro jumping from the bottom of the field to take a solid 9th place.

And the crowd go wild! Vanthoor makes Tafuro pay for not improving on his slender slender lead and goes nearly half a second faster!

Which means at the halfway stage, Vanthoor sits half a second infront of nearly everyone, at least. Most drivers failed to improve on their times in these runs...

And straight away after the halfway stage we have an improvement at the top of the field! Vukcevic leapfrogs Tafuro to take the second place. Yay! I mean... well done.

What is it with 10th place around here? Another driver, this time Jantsher decides he wants 10th place!

Oh dear... Horvarth locks up his feels on the final corner and ruins what could have been a good lap by running well wide...

Copeman gets himself up to 14th. Nothing spectacular there for the American man.

The resulting time shows how much of a costly mistake he made.

Maikel De Boer improves on his time! Still in last place though... terrible day for the dutch driver out there.

Dan Paddock decides not to get involves in the heated midfield battle and chooses 14th place instead.

Shiny South Africa are putting in a very solid performance here. 4th place about Malaysia for Hunsley.

Tafuro doesn't impress at all on that lap. Is the italian well beaten now?

Table topper Maverick throws a spanner in the works to grab a very impressive 2nd place! Good lap by the swiss man there!

And Ward follows suit, 5th is an good showing for the Irish driver.

Horvarth improves but is still a long way back, was the lock up because of a problem of the car, or is the hungarian driver just having a bad day?

Traffic update here. And a some traffic infront of the Montenegran driver has ruined his final run, he will have to settle with what he has now!

Germany pop up again with an improvement to 15th place. Steady day for Stein, atleast he can say he was on pole at some point...

Well guess what place McGregor decided to take? Yes 10th place...

Vanthoor doesn't improve his time on his final run. Is that time enough to give him pole here?

There are just 4 cars left to complete their last run, can either USA, England, Turkey or The Netherlands take pole away from Belgium? Copeman looks like he wants to give it a very good go, he is very close to Vanthoor in the first sector!

But we have to flick away a second as Urazel improves up to 19th place, he will need a iracle to get him anything tomorrow...

And Copeman is up in the 2nd sector! Just a few more bends in the final sector to go, can he take pole as one of the last drivers here?

And from potential pole sitters we move to the opposite end of the standings. Maikel De Boer runs wide onto the gravel on his last run, he sits in last place, dismal end to a bad day for the dutch driver.

And... No! Copeman has been too slow and the last sector and slots into 2nd. Very impressive lap from the american however! With only De Boer to complete a lap, Vanthoor is all but guarenteed the pole here!

The Dutch driver limps across the line there, a day to forget i believe...

Congratulations to: Laurens Vanthoor for Belgium for his pole today, great drive by the Belgian in his home country to keep the fans happy, now can he provide tomorrow in the race?

Final Standings:

Thank you and Good-bye from Montenegro TV, we will see you tomorrow for the race, to see whether Vanthoor can win at his home country, Maverick can defend his lead at the top, Vukcevic can go for a double victory or maybe De Boer springs a surprise and climbs 21 places? I doubt the last one however... ;)

Feel free to comment of the quality of the coverage here aswell, feedback is very welcome ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 08:59PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Now that im out from my official GPGNC shell, i can say that im happy with where Vukcevic is placed, we can gain some places at the start and push very hard for the podium/win!
But yeh, hope the qualifying coverage wasnt too terrible for you guys ;-)

Team Switzerland press statement after the qualifying

Yes, that was an impressive run by John. With nearly all his direct competitors failing to put a good round onto track, that is an incredibly big chance to increase the gap a bit. Wonderful!

And I spent much more points on the race perf, so be prepared! ;)

/edit: The coverage was great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 09:06PM by JohnMaverick.
5th isn't too bad for me:-)

My GPGSL Career
I'll take 7th :)

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy