GPG Nations Cup - Season 2 Thread <> Provisional Calendar at Page 1 <> Mod build in progress <> Any interested managers still welcome!

Posted by GPG_Nations_Cup 
Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 3 RACE ONLINE PG8
Date: December 30, 2010 04:53AM
Posted by: Macca25
Disappointing, have been in a strong position in all 3 races but have failed to bring the car home on 2 occations now.

We need to do better.

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: December 30, 2010 10:51AM
Posted by: truecrysis
finally a new page so i can comment without pictures crashing my laptop ;)

anyway tis good to see us steadily gaining points. 3 races 3 points finishes, and only falling back a little from qualifying. now its time to push on for some serious points

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: December 30, 2010 12:21PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
Copeman Ecstatic after Maiden Race Victory

Chris Copeman was in bouyant mood in the GPGNC paddock today as he led the field home at Laguna Seca. "We knew we had a fast car in the previous rounds and we have had a strong start to the championship, this takes things up a notch and really puts us in the hunt. I'm thrilled to have won in only the third round of the championship and hopefully more wins will follow"

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: December 31, 2010 03:20PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
I'm greatful, that Team Switzerland had a very silent race. Surely I hoped for some more points, but at least there are some points. Nevertheless we hope to improve in the upcoming races to be able to fight for the championship.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: January 01, 2011 07:11PM
Posted by: Kenney
Belgium

We have to keep staying focussed, which is difficult when the championship is in our hands at the moment. We're very happy with our 3rd place and even more happy that our close rivals already used 500 points more in the race to the championship, we are considering whether we go in performance points saving mode to save some for a maximum performance at our home race. We're not confident of winning the title yet, that would be too early.
Date: January 02, 2011 02:57PM
Posted by: burazel
it wad a disaster weekend for the team and we should forget it.
we hope again to score points in following races.
Date: January 02, 2011 04:23PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
Well, yet another retirement. :(

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: January 12, 2011 08:38PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
Hows the progress guys? is there another race being done or are we awaiting Harj's return?

It's very quiet in here none-the-less

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: January 13, 2011 08:17PM
indeed its very quiet, maybe a winter break after 3 races? ;)

i would help out but exams and lack of computer really dont help...

Date: January 13, 2011 08:55PM
Posted by: icky
Hi guys, Just to let you know since your asking. I am tweaking/ just trying to tweak the helmet positions, i was not going to announce yet since i been testing the next round to make sure i can run it. I plan to be ready for tomorrow. I will announce a deadline for boosts. Probably till monday. PM me since i will not use the nations cup account till i post the quali race. Hope that is the kinda update you were after.

Ben
It occured to me that just changing the title would not be suitable and i should post about the next round as well. I am running the next round on tuesday hopefully as long as there is not to many game crashes. Please pm me your points allocation for the next round by midnight monday. I will pm all nations that have not responded before monday whenever i wake up and then i will get this round run. Sorry for the delays it is purely on me for having a knack for loosing my gp4 copy and for breaking my laptop ;)
Montreal, excellent. all my body is telling me to burn all my points here because i love this track. tis hard to resist...

Ok everyone news for you. I am running quali tonight after dinner. I hope to have it posted before midnight but if not definately be up in the morning. Good luck everyone. Sorry for the delay once more my fault
GPG Nations Cup- Round 4 Qualification
Date: January 21, 2011 07:32PM
Posted by: GPG_Nations_Cup
Welcome to Round 4 of the Nations Cup which is coming to you from Canada. After a unusually large and unexpected break falling straight on the head of Madagascan boss Icky we are finally able to bring you qualifying of the Nations Cup. With two of the three races being won by the host nation’s driver, all eyes will be on Stephan Heart as well as the early championship leader Laurens Vanthoor who will be looking to extend his five point gap.

Confirmation of the runners today as the session kicks off.

It is the Austrian Marko Jantsher followed by big cheers from the home crowd as Stephan Heart follows.

Last race winner Copeman is also on track for Team USA

Of course it is Jantsher to set the first time. A respectable 1.20.750 but we expect the time to tumble as the session continues on.

Almost immediately more cheers as Heart takes provisional pole off the Austrian albeit temporarily as Razak and Stein both improve with the German sitting provisio

In the meantime dreadful first lap for the Dutchman De Boer looses it in turns 8-9.

As the next batch of drivers take their turn on the circuit Japan’s Yoshimoto puts the car into a positive second position.

Back down the road Tafuro is looking dangerous setting a best first and second sector time.

But just before he crosses the line Hunsley pips pole only to see it demolished by Tafuro by a half second.

Positions after everyone’s first run.

As the drivers come out to attack the circuit again De Boer is out first clearly looking to make up for his mistake.

And he does. 10th
Close up of Heart out of the last chicane.

Vanthoor reminds us not to forget about him. Up into 3rd

Until Urazel jumps onto the first row out of 13th, followed by Oakley into 8th.

Movers and Shakers after the second runs

Copeman delighting the Canadian fans as Team USA is struggling at the moment.He silences the crowd with that though.

Vukcevic up into 8th

Stein holding steady in 7th while Xanthis is looking for a bit of magic.

It is just not happening for the Greek today.

Switzerland wants in on the action. While Madagascar and Portugal are just looking for any improvement.

Boom what did I tell you, Maverick up into 6th.

Portugal finds time but not enough to improve out of last position.

Zakes on the other hand finds some places.

These are the positions after the third run

This is the part we been waiting for. Everyone’s last runs, Canada struggling in 19th the fans want something huge. New Zealand have been quiet all session, Can Tafuro hold onto pole. Portugal want something positive to take out of qualifying. Can the USA silence the crowd permanently.
USA and Canada are out on track. Horvath is up into 14th.

What have the USA managed...

Not enough. Razak into 16th

The Grandstand are on their feet here comes there man.

7th! Clutch by Heart to save Team Canada’s blushes.
Not seen much of McGregor. Unable to really make a dent.

Same can be said for Xanthis.

What’s this? I cannot believe that, Yoshimoto has been blocked by Tafuro and his lap is ruined.

Yoshimoto must be infuriated.

Oh no another lap ruined.

This time it’s a driver error by Hunsley.
Barely any time has passed and another lap is ruined.

This time it is Carreiro blocking off Paddock.

The Swiss really did want to be in on the action

2nd!
Only to see it snatched away by Urazel.

Ward finishes middle of the pack.

Final results and times

I hope you all enjoyed the coverage of todays qualifying. Plenty of drama towards the end but congratulations go to Tafuro and Team Italy. With just over a second between all the drivers it looks to be anyones race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2011 07:39PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
Right guys please give me feedback on how this was for you. I apoligise wholeheartedly for making you wait this long. Today i ran quali five times with it crashing so i hope that this was ok. I took a few video clips in fraps in the early ones. I wanted to ask, i can put video replays in if you would like for overtakes and things. Just let me know. Also the pictures are a little big i know but i will fix that in time for the race. I hope to run it tomorrow
Madagascar Press Conference

It has been a rough start to the year for Madagascar but we hope that with this tenth we can secure our first points of the season. Looking to see Zakes push the car and gain us some places in the pitstops and with some aggressive overtaking. Good luck to all and Congratulations to Paulo and Team Italy
Re: GPG Nations Cup - Round 4 Qualification
Date: January 21, 2011 07:45PM
Posted by: senna9194
if you like this scream "HOOOO" HOOO!;)

My GPGSL Career
Date: January 21, 2011 08:06PM
Posted by: CaptinFranko
My god...4th is awesome...especially without any boost!

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Date: January 21, 2011 08:12PM
Posted by: JohnMaverick
3rd looks promising for the race. In between I was very disappointed, but the last stint was great. Hoping for a podium in the race, now.

The coverage was nice. Nothing to say against it. I, personally, don't need videos reviews for the race, as I know it's a lot of work to do. But if you wanna do so, I'll definitely have a look at it.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Date: January 21, 2011 09:16PM
well 13th isnt great, infact i dont like that number at all... but it was a tight qualifying! maybe we can pick up some places in the race for more points

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy