GPG SuperLeague - S4 Over! WDC Matt Houston! WCC Velox! Season 5 Vacancies. JOIN NOW!!

Posted by GPGSL 
and apology to John Maverick for something I took the wrong way and too personally,and was also unfair to him. I removed my post.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 12:19AM by BAR#10.
ah comon! 22nd for the second time in a row :S And now it's back row lockout for DFR. it sucks!

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
3rd... so good!!
Please, someone, convert this track for GP3!!!

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
P5,well not the best outcome,not bad on the other hand at all, but race is where it's at.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
BAR#10 schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and apology to John Maverick for something I took
> the wrong way and too personally,and was also
> unfair to him. I removed my post.

An apology from my side as well. I didn't want to poison the climate in here. I just had an idea and fought for it the same way as others do. Maybe I overshot a bit then. So please, anybody, don't take anything from my latest posts personally, it wasn't meant like this.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 01:29AM by JohnMaverick.
Sorry Marko, musn't be able to see it. Don't think its loading on my computer :( Of all the images. Cheers anyway if you've put it in.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
danm Wrote:
> Let's see how the next few races pan out.
>
> If it is anything other than TSS or Matt Houston
> on the front row; or the podium and top points
> places, I will take it as that my view is totally
> wrong, and shall stand corrected!
>
> But I think I will be close to right!

LOL. Looks like I was!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I like the three engine types idea a lot. That I think is a great idea. Final say on implementation has to go to the perf manager, as he has to decide whether or not it adds to the workload. This idea cannot go to vote as it directly affect the workload for the GPGSL.
Nick's idea on changing the activity penalty is also a good idea, and should be voted on, so I have added that to the poll, and ask you all to cast your vote on it please.
Q9

Unfortunately the reset idea is dead in the water, some of us like the idea and think it's a good thing, but the majority rules and it's been voted out already. Those of you asking for a junior or feeder series, if you had been around when the WGP/W300 debacle occurred, you would fully understand why we have no desire to go there. Even if we wanted to, we would still have to have three people step up to the plate and raise their hand and say "I will commit to a full series 100% and run the 17 events and do the work, manage the perfs and build the mod." That's the hard part, you have to commit to every driver and team boss to do the job.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
MDBSnake schrieb:
> ah comon! 22nd for the second time in a row :S And
> now it's back row lockout for DFR. it sucks!

nothing to add to that, i'd love to know why we are so slow. but i have the feeling we're a bit better in the races. there's still hope ;)

on the politics:
kudos to nick for doing it right, that's the way these things should be tackled :-)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 01:37AM by n00binio.
That is an allright starting point for the race :)

mortal Wrote:
> I like the three engine types idea a lot.

Maybe as well (or instead) of that, add a distinguishing feature between the Bridgestone and Dunlop tyres, instead of just an aesthetical change. Maybe one would be better in qualifying, and the other better in the race.

X (@ed24f1)
Woah! Lots has happened here.

I say; reset on the perfs for teams but the drivers perf points remain. Bad car > Improve with good driver.

In terms of the racing 3&5 is awesomes!
on the politics:
kudos to nick for doing it right, that's the way these things should be tackled :-)

+1. Great person to have in the GPGSL. Couldn't agree more.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
The V7.0 Test Mod has an update (V7.2) Kittleson and Maverick helmets and related files.

Great qualifying, nice job by Ed and me to lock out the front row! Phoenix, great by Paolo, excellent, Mal, you'll do better in the race imo!

@Dan I've won two titles - unless the rule comes in that team bosses can only drive for their own team I'll be a team boss as I've got something up my sleeve for Phoenix in S5. You never know, I might sell Phoenix and return as a driver some day!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Has it been decided that team owners won't be able to be race drivers then?!!

I don't think this whole new rules thing was properly thought out. You've thrown so many new bloody rules at us that I don't think the majority people have had a chance to discuss them all thoroughly.

Obviously I would be extremely upset to see both of my drivers be forced to choose between TSS and their own teams but even I must admit it is a good solution to freeing up some spaces.

Other than this I don't think any of the potential new rules are at all necessary. The performances are currently reset sufficiently using the current formula. There is absolutely no guarantee that a team which does well one season will be able to do the same the next. In the current system ANY team could significantly improve their position on the grid at the start of the season by getting a top driver with a strong performance but I feel that the team which does the best job by winning the championship should have some reward in the form of an advantage going into the next season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 10:36AM by brunoboi.
It hasn't been officially decided that team owners will be banned from driving in a race seat in S5. Voting has so far shown that it's a popular decision and it's probable that it will happen as it will free up race seats for test drivers. Team owners will be free to drive in as a test driver for their own team.
There will be no perf reset, so end of season advantages wont be removed. There will be changes to the boost system, and the top perf to base perf will be reduced from the current 60 points. How much exactly has not been officially decided either. Voting on the activity penalties are 100% in favour of changing the penalties at this point in time. None of what we have put out there are to be considered rules, they are just ideas that are up for voting on and for discussion.

Poor free practice by me..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2010 11:59AM by Charrel.
brunoboi Wrote:
In the current system ANY team
> could significantly improve their position on the
> grid at the start of the season by getting a top
> driver with a strong performance but I feel that
> the team which does the best job by winning the
> championship should have some reward in the form
> of an advantage going into the next season.

True. They could. But the fact is they don't!

I don't forsee any of the top 10 guys moving to any of the bottom four teams.

So that, as correct as you say it is, won't happen, so you can't really use it.

And yes, a team winning the championship should have a reward of an advantage the next season. Totally agree.

But the initial point is that you have seemingly always had this advantage for years now, and it is a bit boring seeing you lot do well or win all the time.

I just am voting to let other people have a chance, for a 3 or 5 season cycle or so. Keeps things fresh.

The way it goes, as proven, we could guess who gets in the top 6 next race. I bet we can.

That is how predictable and monotone things have become!

I know you are sitting high and pretty at the top of things, but let's be fair, you've been there a good while now, season after season. Is it not fair to let someone else play with the best toys?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
I belive TSS near the top becuase we've made best use of our boosts and I've been wokring hard to make sure we have had the best drivers. I put a fair bit of time into the GPGSL and don't see why teams such as ours should be punished for doing well. As previously stated the current system allows lower teams the chance to grab top drivers but it's up to the managers to make sure they convince the top drivers that they can be successful.

Many team managers seem to forget that the top test drivers have performances significantly better than their current drivers. If I were in their position I'd be snatching up these new guys if I really wanted to improve my team. Realistically you're not going to get the top drivers moving to the bottom teams but this is a tactical game which runs over a long period, if you want success then you have to forward plan and work your way up the grid from season-to-season. John and myself managed to get TSS up to the front and this season I haven't done as good a job and so have fallen back a bit. The shifting between the teams shows that the current system does work.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy