GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
ItalianEnglish Racing Press Release

Team owner of ItalianEnglish Racing, Ryan Gault has confirmed his test driver for the forthcoming 2009 GrandPrixGames SuperLeague Season.

Christopher Hinz (aka n00binio), hailing from Germany, has signed a deal with the racing outfit. Ryan Gault was excited with the prospect

'Christopher Hinz was an excellent signing for us. He is very enthusiastic about signing for us and can only look forward to seeing him perform in the Friday Test Sessions. He will work well with Rick Groeneboer and Ricardo Van Smirren.'

The new addition added this

'I'm very happy to be under contract at ItalianEnglish racing. I really can't wait to have the first blast around a track with that car. Of course it will take some time to get adjusted to the car and the whole team but I hope to be able to help the team develop the car so that Ricardo and Rick have an easier job on the track. A big thank you goes to Ryan for giving me that seat.'

Gault continued on at the end answering questions presented by the press.

We offered the role to Jethro Walters, however his hesitancy in accepting a role made me not want to continue negotiations further. But yes, we were one of the teams intrested in hiring Walters.

Rick Groeneboer and Ricardo Van Smirren will almost definatly see out the season unless something crops up that may stop that from happening. Christopher Hinz aswell has a season contract. I will review the contracts at the end of the season.

The team manager also requested that if a renderer is available, please contact via my pm.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
Holy....I think I missed quite a bit whilst I've been laid in bed ill for a week ;)
That´s the GPGSL for you, Matti...get reading!! :):);)

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
GPGTV.org/farked

One Raltie is Big in Japan

Castello edges out Van Der Voort with ninety seconds to go.
Jan10th
Suzuka – GPG Super League promotional winter testing knows no break.
It was the battle of the midfielders that took place at famous japanese circuit as top seeded Phoenix Racing(803bhp) failed to deliver good times.

Velox, Italian English, Double F, Dark Exploder Racing and mentioned Phoenix were on hand for an exciting 20 minute dry session, which saw Nick Van Der Voort dominate for the most part, getting the provisonal fastest time. It was terrific showing that seemed unbeatable throughout the practice.
One yellow flag was caused by off track excursion in turn one, when last year's championships runner up Monil Santilal met the sand of Suzuka.

Van Smirren was more or less running at the back and left it late, scoring 4th time.
Velox mechanics and engineers were already celebrating their first fastest lap in this year' winter testing, but and lo behold, Brazilian Castello outperformed their top driver with cca 90 seconds left in the session.
Needless to say, the usual verbal hilarity beetwen the two drivers ensued.

Suzuka dry practice session 20 minutes 12 drivers from 6 teams participate.
1. Castello Raltwest 1:38,251
2. Van Der Voort Velox 1:38,280
3. Smith Double F 1:38,294
4. Van Smirren 1:38,406
5. Stoddart Phoenix 1:38,435
6. Groeneboer ItalianEnglish 1:38,518
7. Ingers DER 1:38,528
8. Eglitis Phoenix 1:38,568
9. Houston Velox 1:38,689
10. Santilal Double F 1:38,721
11. Van het Bolscher DER 1:38,855
12. Fuh Raltwest 1:38,902

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 08:36PM by BAR#10.
Oh dear, back to the drawing board for Phoenix, me thinks. Not any of the drivers fault.

Oh, and are we changing the way we award points for S2? Because last season, I won the WDC, even though I didn´t win a single race, and Monil won 4, but he lost. Hmmm...

Nice test for us, 4th and 6th is solid.

Got a question for you, is it possible to set which drivers go in which session, and possibly even use testers?

GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
6 Time Race Winners
Looks like i've got problems for next year
Test-sessions doesn't say the real truth. Wait when season 2 starts. You will see... ;)
Gaulty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice test for us, 4th and 6th is solid.
>
> Got a question for you, is it possible to set
> which drivers go in which session, and possibly
> even use testers?

you mean by team owners?
Nah, just doing it for fun.
Actually, soon I will post a final report for the other teams in Brazil and that will conclude our off season winter testing (by me anyway).

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
@msater on points system

Good question, I played with statistics;
without the special points(pole, flap, gain) it would have been
1Santilal 85
2Oakley 85

Santilal winning cause of more wins, however you had 5 second places and 9 finishes in the points, while Monil had 4 wins, all together 6 podium, but also 10th, 11th and 17th I believe. When he was rocknrolling he was rocknrolling, but when he didn't, he didn't big time.

On the other hand if two races were annulled (Monaco and Austria) as they originally were to be repeated...;)
However since the GPGSLRS decision was, they are legal at the time in regards to champ points, let me emphasize it' a non issue, but for fun let' see:

-without points from Austria and Monaco, 8 out 10 races,

1.Aleksander 80;)
2.Oakley 78
3. Santilal 59

Actually the only thing that matters is the official 2008 results

1.Oakley 91
2.Santilal 89
3.Aleksander 80

So to answer your question, I dunno, I thought that special points helped you beat Santilal, but you would be on same points even withouth them so definetely a great run by you Phillip ,he'd be champ only because of more wins.
Maybe, just maybe an extra point for win in 09, so 16 points for win. Maybe.
Altough with 16 races in 09, I doubt one could do it without winning.
Like Stu posted at the Adelaide race results thread:"I bet Marko wishes there were two more races left and who knows..lol";)

GPGSL career;
R-O-F-L

I SAID I WAS GOING TO BEAT YOU NICK! ;)

On the points. I think over a 16 race season, the current points system will be fine, since as Marko says, it would be tricky if you ended up not winning a race all season and still winning the championship.

6 Time Race Winners
Well i think we did quite good the last couple of tests dont you think Ryan? All will be fine. wWlecome to the teram Cristopher ! what is his username you said?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGTV.org/farked

*******meanwhile in Brazil VS-Minardi,Alpha, MPR, TN and Team Shadow test in light rain*****

VSM Minardi' quickest lap overShadowed

Interlagos - It looked like they finally did it. Minardi, now named VanSmirenMotosport by Minardi (yeah, we wont be repeating that long name again) with Kevin Schroeder showing the form which the top team (805bhp) should have had since beginning of winter testing. More on that later.

Few symbolic images weres seen on the track as former teammates Oakley and Aleksander were exiting pits one after another and also scoring similar times.
Dan Paddock rocked the house for MPR and showed he can be very good - when sober.
But once again John Warrington stepped out of the shadow and denied team formerly known as Minardi their fastest lap. Conspiracy theories that Shadow Subaru were building a terrific car that suits Greenhalgh less were red hot again as the kind Australian was heard moaning and swearing in the paddock after a relatively poor showing.
Aleksander was average for his standards too but replied:"I was sandbagging. What? I'm allowed to use this excuse for once am I not? Seriouly though, Dan was great, I can only congratulate him«

The biggest surprise was a visit by Felipe Massa who greeted the GPGSL drivers and talked with Ed Greenhalgh and Mal Stoddart who took the first flight from Japan to Brazil to take part in PR activities.

»Hey Felipe, what's up«asked Greenhalgh.
»Fine thanks, can I speak to Raltwest#14?« replied Ferrari driver.
»Who?« asked Mal.
»Andrew's Fuh teammate.« repeated Felipe
»Oh no, proper names please« angrily warned Stoddart in full moderator mode.
»I mean Van Der Voort's rival,« Massa added.
»You mean Bruno?« said Mal.
»Yes Bruno.« finally confirmed Felipe .
»Well he ain't here. Still in Japan.« Mal answered.
»Well tell Bruno I congratulate him for setting fastest lap and he has my full suport in season 2« added Felipe.
»Wait I have him on the phone," said Mal, and gave Felipe his mobile to talk to Castello. They then chatted for an hour about F1 etc.
It was beggining of a beautiful friendship.

Interlagos, 10 drivers from 5 team participated, that concludes the winter off GPGSL season testing.
1.Warrington Shadow 1:16, 249
2.Schroeder MinardiVSM 1:16,343
3.Paddock MPR 1:16,381
4.Neill Alpha 1.16,560
5.Grant TN 1:16,661
6.Aleksander MPR 1:16,667
7.Greenhalgh Shadow 1:16,682
8.Oakley MinardiVSM 1.16,818
9.Winston Alpha 1:17,056
10.Caranti TN 1:17,111

/at GPGTV.com/farked we joke on everyone's expense, even ours.;)

GPGSL career;

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 08:59PM by BAR#10.
Ooooh, i remember, Noobinho right? anyway NICK you can keep the first post as it is regarding the engines. im not rlly sure bout it right. VanSmirren engines dont like the sound :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 04:43PM by Rico.
@ Rico - Yeah, the last few tests have been promising for us.

6 Time Race Winners
Hey, thats not a bad result in the test.

We are expected to be at the back so anything better than that is great.

Kx
BAR#10 Wrote:

> »Fine thanks, can I speak to Raltwest#14?«
> replied Ferrari driver.
> »Who?« asked Mal.
> »Andrew's Fuh teammate.« repeated Felipe
> »Oh no, proper names please« angrily warned
> Stoddart in full moderator mode.
> »I mean Van Der Voort's rival,« Massa added.
> »You mean Bruno?« said Mal.
> »Yes Bruno.« finally confirmed Felipe .
> »Well he ain't here. Still in Japan.« Mal
> answered.
> »Well tell Bruno I congratulate him for setting
> fastest lap and he has my full suport in season
> 2« added Felipe.
> »Wait I have him on the phone," said Mal, and
> gave Felipe his mobile to talk to Castello. They
> then chatted for an hour about F1 etc.
> It was beggining of a beautiful friendship.

;) that's great!

X (@ed24f1)
Bruninho schreef:
> R-O-F-L
>
> I SAID I WAS GOING TO BEAT YOU NICK! ;)

Grrrrr :P

@ Rico: stop changing, dammit :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy