GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why you think we do the deal with Martini
>
> Now we can get all the other drivers drunk and win
> everything
>
> @Nick Your right though Whisky FTW

Drivers at DER will not be succumbed to your bribes/parties ;)
to late monil, and i have a heaaaaaaadaaaaache, please come and pick me up, or ill be drunk driving :)

Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> to late monil, and i have a heaaaaaaadaaaaache,
> please come and pick me up, or ill be drunk
> driving :)

I knew I shouldn't have let you hang out with Kimi ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 12:25AM by Monza972.
True North Racing Announces Partners and Title Sponsor Rumour

Amidst the huge fermented beverage talk, speculation, (and I mean 4.8% strength speculation), points us to news that the TN Racing team has lined up a deal with a major German alocoholic drinks company for the 2009 GPGSL Season.

Little is known exactly which company this is, due to the sheer abundance of Deutsch liquid zum *Hic* - but - it isnt one you might point to as the most obvious on the lip of your tongue.

That said, maybe is is for those Bundesboys!

In other news, TN would like to officially announce their first minor partnerships with PUMA and Fuji.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
How many test drivers have we got now, can we get a perf made up maybe, then add to it as more come in.
@Nick, edit the topic header please, add "Test Driver Vacancies."

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
GPGSLRS MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT : DRIVER’S QUALIFYING ACHIEVEMENTS TO BE AWARDED WITH DRIVERS QUALIFYING PERFORMANCE POINTS

A new rule shall be implemented in the 2009 season of the series, first applied on official 09 starter perfomance file with Melbourne results.

Driver’s qualifying performance points in the performance file will no longer be affected by his position in the race, but from his achievements in the qualifying itself.

A pole position shall award 15 qualifying performance points to the driver and 15 points deduction from his qualifying variance, second position on the grid 12, third 10, fourth 9, fifth 8, sixth 7, seventh 6, eighth 5, ninth 4, tenth 3, eleventh 2 and finally twelfth 1 qualifying performance point and 1 point deduction from his qualifying variance.

An example: A driver comes in 2nd position in qualifying , but finishes 17th in race. Under the previous system he would not get any qualifying performance points neither race performance points. Now he will get 12 qualifying performance points, but ofcourse still zero race performance points.

Drivers race performance points system stays the same, however a pole position will no longer award a driver extra Race Performance point, as he will be awarded under the new system with qualifying perfomance points.

But a driver will still receive one Championship point for the pole position like in previous season.

Teams’ both race and qualifying horsepower (BHP) and failure variance will still be awarded only through drivers race performance points

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 02:15AM by BAR#10.
Cool news!

I thought of another idea for future seasons to be talked about... team preferences to circuits!

Once the calendar would be released, say the season has 18 rounds, team managers could then perhaps pick four out of those 18 (or more!) tracks that they wish their team to be slightly better suited to.

This could be much like Ferrari's ability at Sepang and Turkey etc.

It could even go as far as each driver choosing one or two tracks they want as their 'choices' where they want to go faster at.

This could be easy to organise, through a simple excel sheet and a football fixture style tab. For each track on the top horizonal menu, and each driver on the left side menu. Then Fill the tracks that the team manager chose with a letter T, and then those with a driver preferential with a D.

The bonus, of course, could be something like a 10/20 point gain in the drivers/team perf file? Of course, it would reset to its previous value for the forthcoming race, and would merely be a single race benefit - like a mushroom boost in mario kart! Lol!

Now there could be problems if a team used all their preferential races as the opening four rounds, because you would think they'd gain the bonuses and be miles better than anyone else for the rest of the year.

That is why the bonus to the perf file for winning a preferential race could be lower. Halfed? Something.... didn't think much more than that, but halving it would stop teams using it at the season start and leapfrogging for the rest of the season if it was a full perf data gain. It would also be more even in that preferential races can be any, not necessarily at the season opener all in a row, but evenly spaced.

On another note, if every team applied four preferential team races, and each driver has two driver preferential races, there could be a 'zero gain' when this is used.

It would add a degree of randomness to races (which is exciting and real!). It could also be tactical, by that I mean having a boost at a track where your teams scores a 1-2 victory but doesnt gain perf file values. On the other hand it prevents your rival team from getting the 1-2 perf file values, and have to make to with 3-4th place values.

I think this could make it more exciting, and also prevents the more established teams from running away with things with big perf gains over time. Stopping teams gaining points four times a season solves this, and also adds a major tactical factor!

Just a thought, dismiss, discuss, discard as you please! :)

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
you could do that, or just get each driver to select a home race where they get a bonus

X (@ed24f1)
If you'd half the awarded perf points when in a preferred race, what's the point of wanted to do better on that track?

EDIT: @ Mal: you're a mod, you can edit my posts ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 12:16PM by Nickv.
@danm, I certainly won't discard idea by default.
I actually had an idea, when were starting the series from scratch last year that every driver would have 10 different perf files (but everyone same options) and chose when to use them, but it was denied and branded as too complicated. Maybe it was a little as it was only in development o it also possibly had a flaw or two and didn't finalize it with next season in mind.

But when making perf files manually (we didn't have excel sheet made for pot rules from race one) I realized that you could make small mistakes and how time comsuming it was for checking if there are any.

So basically this year, we wanted a formula that can be easily implemented in excel sheet and we've got it. Qualy efforts will only take just another 12 point entries to put in, but one press of the button will give us new perf file for next race.

As far as tracks suiting teams, as I revealed it in previous pages, different tracks apparently already favour teams or team slots to put it better. You gain a better setup, cause gp4 is made that way.

So for Constructor to do his work, once he knows the position on the perf file is test the tracks and then vote for them! That was your big chance!
Or still is if you havent casted your vote yet!

I actually voted only for two that may favour us, didn't bother doing more. Actually only one may work for us now, cause we changed a slot(kbr pulling out) in perf file since I tested it.

Big teams pulling away, Minardi have the most BHP and still havent scored the fastest lap in testings that were posted, so it'not that worrying.
Besides even if they do, so what?
The most effective thing to prevent it would be starting from scratch again all the same. But how realistic and interesting that would be? Pointless if you ask me. I will further explain it when introducing starter season 3 formula soon.
Actually Shadow is top notch now in testing with 3 BHP deficit to Minardi and 20 points of their drivers behind world champion in perf files!

So on your idea, let me think about it, but even if it were to be approven, these boosts (how much and how many is a topic of its own) would have to be implemented into existing perf file formula and known in advance, flawless, no manual checking neccesary.

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 12:52PM by BAR#10.
it would be too complicated :p, btw Marko, Nick, Mal great job on the qualy part ! I really like it. Great great great. Its funny that during seasons we learn so much and can make things more interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Can the first post be changed? I would like to see VanSmirren Motorsports or VanSmirren Motorsports by Minardi. instead of Minardi :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
I never liked Minardi name too much tbh(for use in GPGSL that is), I'd prefer something completely original, but since you are defending champions Rico, shouldn't you keep the brand?;)

GPGSL career;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 12:50PM by BAR#10.
Yes, thats why i named it VanSmirren Motorsports BY MINARDI ! :p Its indeed so that i wanted to have my own teamname. And i think i succeeded quite well in finding a name not a lot of people will try to use :p

"If in doubt, Flat out."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 12:56PM by Rico.
EDIT: @ Mal: you're a mod, you can edit my posts ;)

Yeah I know, but me lazy this morning....;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
GPGSLRS REQUEST: TEAMS, START ANNOUNCING YOUR TEST DRIVERS
GPGSLRS would like to know where we officially stand with the numbers of test drivers so, teams start announcing your testers to see where we are at with the test series. If you have already announced it, please do it again, so we could make a list.

GPGSL career;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 04:36PM by BAR#10.
PHOENIX RACING ANNOUNCEMENT

Today, Philip Oakley, GPGSL S1 Champion and Phoenix Racing team owner, announced their first ever test driver. Tim Van Dijck was announced as the team´s first test driver, to compete in the Test Driver Championship in the 2009 GPGSL Season with Phoenix Racing. Phoenix finished 3rd in the constructors championship last season, and Philip says he wants to do it again. Tim said he´s just happy to be in the league.

END OF ANNOUNCEMENT

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Ed, Tim´s username is Shaddix.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
I have got a excel file sorted for the main series perf file :)
Does anyone have a list of test drivers and who they are signed to? Do we have 11 now? I want to get excel sorted for the test perf file.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy