GrandPrixGames SuperLeague - Test Driver Vacancies! - Off Season - Shape poll results P193

Posted by Nickv 
The first post now contains nationalities. If I didn't know where you come from, I've guessed. Contact me if your nationality is wrong. I recall someone living in Scooby-Doo, USA, but I can't remember who it was, so he'll need to speak up :P
I love it! I don't care about nationalites or where someone comes from but, in this case, it really shows this is the GPGSL WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

Randy Winston is American, Janis is Latvian if read correctly.

GPGSL career;
Current team: Team ShadowSubaru, Previous teams: MPR, Minardi
starts:100 Wins: 12, Podiums: 34, Fastest Laps: 14, poles: 12 Points: 708
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP
Yeah loving the little flags Nick :)

Looks great

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
ItalianEnglish Racing, with 2 Dutchmen and a German, led by a Englishman.

Very muliti-nationality we are.

Team Owner of ItalianEnglish Dynamics in GPG Super League
GP4 Season 5: 7) Jethro Walters. 8) Zsigmond Somogyi. TD) Stuart Ingers and Joel Henrique
GP3 Season 5: 14) Nathan Turner. 15) Tobias Kederer.
6 Time Race Winners
indeed

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
n00binio schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> indeed

edit: did i ever state somewhere that i`m german? i can`t remember...

lol i couldn`t complain if someone rolled out the truck of fail here...

hmm i`ll do it myself

;) ;)

Guys, when you send me your cars and helmets, correct format please (mod ready). Helmets in tex format. Cars have 3 folders. Main folder example: Alpha Motorsports, contains 5 car 1 lods and 5 car 2 lods. Sub folders Hi & STD each contain 2 tex files. Don't worry about naming too much, I will rename the car and helmet tex as I go. Lods are car_alphamotorsports_car1_lod_0.gp4, car_alphamotorsports_car1_lod_1.gp4 to lod_4.gp4 and same for car2.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys, when you send me your cars and helmets,
> correct format please (mod ready). Helmets in tex
> format. Cars have 3 folders. Main folder example:
> Alpha Motorsports, contains 5 car 1 lods and 5 car
> 2 lods. Sub folders Hi & STD each contain 2 tex
> files. Don't worry about naming too much, I will
> rename the car and helmet tex as I go. Lods are
> car_alphamotorsports_car1_lod_0.gp4,
> car_alphamotorsports_car1_lod_1.gp4 to lod_4.gp4
> and same for car2.

should I resend my helmet.
No, I think yours is good. If it isn't I'll get back to you on it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
are we sure we want 2 test drivers per team? judging by the list in the first post there aren't that many drivers waiting, and we don't want to start getting inactive people, even if it is only the test series

X (@ed24f1)
Actually we're not sure lol. Just kidding.
After some discussion on it the GPGSL has decided to leave that decision up to team owners. It is their choice whether they wish to have test drivers or not. If there is only one test driver, the RD will still run the test session. Drivers waiting for a race seat will automatically go into testing. They still remain in order of placement, on the race seat waiting list. When a race seat comes up for grabs the driver can move across and take his or her perf to the race track.

The RD of the day will run the testers perf the day before qualy, that's the current idea anyway, and only post a screen of the result. So test drivers will not need their own helmet until they get a race seat. As it's going to be a mixed grid, (race drivers and test drivers), only the test drivers will have their perfs adjusted according to the session classification.
No points will be awarded to test drivers and race drivers will not get any perf adjustment. For the race driver, the session is pretty meaningless as far as improvement goes, for the tester it is the opposite.

It's not a standalone series.
If we awarded points, as we do for a race, it would then be its own series, separate from the GPGSL, and we wish to avoid doing that. It's not that we wish to have a monopoly on it, we really want to avoid what happened when the previous series collapsed because they got too big, unmanageable up to a point and people generally lost interest and the tumbleweed rolled across pit lane, it was game over. So the GPGSL governing body has ruled that there should only be one series, the GPGSL in its current form.
As there is interest for testers from the team owners, and also from people wanting in on the series, this is probably the best way to do it. Maybe down the track (pardon the pun) we'll look at changing things.

The trouble with this sort of thing is that everyone wants to participate, but too few want to stand up and be counted when it comes to actually getting the show on the road. That is the most difficult part of what we are doing, getting the background work done smoothly, editing the perfs, and now there is another perf to be done....finding the volunteers who will give up their own personal time and commit to it so the show gets put up for everyone else to enjoy. Anyway, currently that's our position, I hope I've explained it well enough for everyone. Roll on S2. ;-)

VanSmirren Motorsports press release

We at VanSmirren Motorsports are proud to annnounce our first testdriver for Season 2. We have signed young turkish talent Jethro Walters. It wasnt hard to negotiate with him. We offered him the seat and he grabbed it. We felt we had to offer him the seat. Because right before i signed Kevin Schroeder to be our 2nd racedriver, Jethro was the most important candidate for it. Im happy to now still have him in the team.

Welcome Jethro !

Btw, For a 2nd testdriver we are still negotiating. Any interested drivers may message me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGTV.org/farked

Coming up this week in GPGSL:

-09 Tracks poll results , and then Calendar announced
-Starter Perfomance Formula for next seasons revealed
-Testing review/season preview article by GPGtv.org/farked
-finalized GPGSL friday free practice testing concept introduced(complemeting what posted by Mr. Stoddart of the GPGSLRS.)
Possibly too:
-private testings by new team's cars w/screenshots
-more announcemenets of testers drivers by teams
-new car launches
-maybe an interview or two

GPGSL career;
winner of Belgian GP (s1), Australian GP (s1), Canadian GP (S1), Brazilian GP(s4, s5), Hungarian GP(s3), Italian GP(s3), French GP (s5,s7), Monaco GP (s4) and USA GP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 02:51PM by BAR#10.
It will be interesting to see the track poll results :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Just that will be interesting?;)
Check your PM, Stu

GPGSL career;
Press release:

"I'm thrilled to be joining a championship-winning team for the coming season, and I hope I can improve not only my pace, but also the teams understanding of these complex machines. If Lady Luck is kind to me, I might be in with a small shout of a race seat before the season's out."

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

PHOENIX RACING ANNOUNCEMENT

Today, at the team's British HQ, Phoenix Racing announced their second Test Driver for S2 of the GPGSL. He is the Hungarian driver, Zsigmond Somogyi, and is happy to join the team. "I can't wait to get driving at Phoenix" he was quoted at saying at the Team's press Release. Philip Oakley, owner of Phoenix Racing, was absent from the event because of "urgent matters he had to attend to." The team offered no more explantion. Zsigmond's username is Somogyi23.

END OF ANNOUNCEMENT

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 04:50PM by msater.
Hi, I am volunteering to be a test driver for any team who wants me, I am negotiating with one team already, hope I can get in and maybe in future seasons be a real driver in the GPGSL. I haven't been active for a while so I will start posting now.

Zak.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy