W300 Season 3 || New series being discussed

Posted by brunoboi 
Ryan it's the naughty step for you! One minute for every birthday you've had. If you're good I might show you again before the end of the race ;)

Australian Grand Prix

HA! And they said Kangas can box. Anyways we rejoin the race with Fapitalle in the lead but yet to make his mandatory stop.

Smirren rejoins the circuit just ahead of Raymond Buijs - there's a lot of traffic around there in the midefield.

Paul Willins snatches 16th from Barrington - took him long enough

Janis Eglitis is first to pit on lap 7, Barrington and Schroder follow him in

At the front it's all quite tight, Neil is catching Fapitalle but Rayman in third is going faster than all of them with Pellatt getting ready to pounce in fourth - yup any minute now the Spirit Subaru will take the lead...

Schroder has passed Barrington in the pits that's key move if you follow either of those two teams, I don't so it's not that interesting.

Rayman has a wee look round the outside of Bobby Neil, I'd imagine the Team Orange car is lighter on fuel.

Ha! Anyone would think I've seen this race already! Rayman pits from third, Mathieu Briere is also in from 5th and Stoffels from 7th. Kittleson also pits but I'm not sure where he was.

The reigning World Champion pops out into 14th, quite a way down on Smirren

The other Team Orange driver is stuck in a queue behind KBR driver Keeley Grant, that's costing him time - can Fapitalle and the other leaders take advantage?

Smirren tries to make a move but Grant blocks him! Raymond Buijs is also looking like he might try and pass the championship leader - this is not what Rico needs!

Josh Rayman has also found traffic - what a disaster for Team Orange (YES!)

Now I told Bobby the next part of the race would be up now so we're gonna have to take another break but have no fear the race shall be posted tonight! If it isnt I'll go swim with some stingrays...

Australian Grand Prix Part 4

Fuh pits from 9th, he's followed in by Merway and Gault which means Rayman once again has a clear track - can he catch Smirren?

I doubt it as Smirren forces his way passed Keeley Grant, the damage could well be done however, and if Fapitalle and the leaders conitinue I think it'll be very tight.

Fuh emerges in 14th and as he does so Kittleson puts a king move on the distracted Gary Chester.

Finally, in comes Fapitalle from the lead of this race but has he done enough? Bobby Neil is in close pursuit with Pellatt also pitting from 3rd, Seymour, Greidanus, Grant and Buijs are all in this lap too!

It hasn't been enough! Fapitalle slots into second but he's only metres away from Smirren, will the Keels Racing's newer tyres enable Fran to challenge? Hampson and Willins are in third and fourth respectively - don't worry they both have to pit still

Tom Pellatt rejoins AHEAD of Josh Rayman! The Spirit Subaru pit crew have done a great job and Pellatt's supreme driving puts them in a net fourth place.

Mike Seymour has also gained a place - he's now ahead of Briere in a net 6th!

And so once again our race leader is Rico van Smirren - the Dutchman will be well aware that a single mistake today could cost him the race win.

Buijs emerged right behind Kittleson and is immediately looking to snatch 14th but they hit!

Of course I would say the fact that Buijs spins down to last is fair enough as the Scolari driver did cause the accident but having heard some of his language over the team radio I figure it may be too risky.

Kittleson ran wide after that incident and that's put him under severe pressure from Chester and Adam Merway, once again this is simply the most exciting thing on track at the moment which is why I'm showing it.

The final two drivers, Mark Hampson and Paul Willins make their stops, Paul's been on the back of Hampson all afternoon and that was just before the race (thank you) can he finally change positions (lol) in the stops?

At the fron Rico is maintaining his lead over the chasing Fapitalle. There's an awful lot of Brits in the crowd I notice.

Further down the road Gary Chester has been able to put a move on Kittleson for 14th, just ahead Hampson and Willins emerge from the pits in the same order.

Next through is Adam Merway, the Senninha driver has been making steady progress through this race, I cant help but feel the Brazilian team is going a bit limp in it's old age a few years ago Turnbull would be in and out of these cars like... well like a Brazilian but today they've needed a little bit of help from others before they caould make the moves.

It's Kittleson who is really struggling however, even Eglitis was surprised at how early he was on the brakes and the ITM just taps the back of his Minardi.

That move hurt Eglitis more than anyone however as he runs wide Schroder looks to try and make the move on him.

But that's left the door open for Gaulty to sneak passed the Scuderia Minardi! Good move by the former Team Shadow test driver to take 18th place

And how does the Englishman celebrate? He pops it into the kitty litter... Team manager Buijs will not be amused.

Gaulty rejoins after letting Buijs through to take 20th place, he'll be kicking himself after that one and I'm sure when he gets out of the car will be kicked by others too.

Just one lap left and Rayman is once again trying to pass Pellatt for fourth place... something more exciting may be happening on track but I didn't think you'd want to see Gault go off track again.

Greidanus has had a really strogn race today and is continuing by trying to pass Stoffels int eh dieing stages - Can he pull it off?

Of course he can't but one man who can is Gary Chester! He slips one up the inside of Keeley Grant - did she let her driver passed? possibly... maybe someone can ask her after the race?

But it's Rico van Smirren who comes home to take yet another race victory for Team Orange ahead of Fapitalle and the great Bobby Neil

Tom Pellatt set the fastest lap of that race, maybe the new spec' Spirit Subaru does have some real potential?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 03:04PM by brunoboi.
this was realy a pure @#$%& weekend terrible !!!!

Raymond Buijs - Thunder Design

Burn Rubber, Not your soul !
4th, great job by spirit, happy to be testing for them :)
very nice P4 from tom, and pleased i made my way up to 12th! XD

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Does that mean we have got 3rd in the constructors now?
i do believe it does. b-spec car working well so far ;) i had er...setup problems :P

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Yeah, er, did we not tell you that the team made you use my car because we lost yours on the way to the track ;)
Finally a good result!!! A win would have been nicer, but considering the shitty season I've had so far, a second place is more than enough :D

I'm against sigpics
It was good to have a pole again, and a win is even better :D this indeedly was worth waiting for. anywayz its good to extend my gap in the drivers championship again to my teammate Josh. 20 points in front now to be exact. The debut for Kev wasnt smooth but he'll be fine. the whole team will. thanks tom for the great report!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Solid result for Brière, just a shame he couldn't keep that 6th spot! And good to see Adam getting a few points to help the team.
nice result :)
great race report...I really like it this way...thanks!
And the debut wasn´t that good,but we´ll push!
as long as both Ralties are in Top 10, I am happy :)

Last weeks i was thinking about to make some changes to the one mandatory pitstop rule of the W300 series. This rule is realised in practise by CMagic. Is it possible with CMagic that you for each team can deicide how many pitstops they make in a race? So teams can deicide if they choose for 1 pitstop or a 2 pitstop strategy and also the fuel load for the beginning of the race.

This will surely increase the entertainment factor of a GP and maybe makes a team like Team Orange less dominant.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
@ Ruben - You can only decide how many cars go on a one stop or two strategy - you can't define how many stops each car has for example - at the moment it is set that 100% of drivers have one stop - you could change it so that 50% of driver do one stop and 50% two stop but you can not decide which drivers stop one or twice.

Therefore you can't really change the system we already have.

Driver's Championship

At the top of the table Rico van Smirren extends his championship to 20 points over team mate Josh Rayman, Bobby Neil moves up into third with Tom Pellatt snapping at his heels in fourth. The biggest mover after that race is Francisco Fapitalle, his second place finish promotes him to 10th in the standings, that's up five places. The biggest losers today were Will Wood, who drops from third to sixth after his early retirement, Janis Eglitis and Dean Kittleson drop three places after failing to replicate their recent strogn form.

Constructor's Championship

Once again in the Constructor's Championship it is a case of Team Orange's lead being further extended, they are now 115 points clear of Shadow Subaru. Spirit Subaru jump up to third in the standings as their strong season continues, for Scolari however its going from bad to worse. The Dutch squad drop to fourth and are now on equal points to Keels Racing in fifth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2008 03:17PM by brunoboi.
Ah, that's a shame, but maybe could the above what you described being used in the future, first in a test race, a non-championship race for example.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
The trouble is becuase the races are so short that a two stop strategy would be a lot slower than a one stop so it wouldn't be fair to put anyone on a two stop

With a pitstop taking anywhere from 20-30 seconds i dont see how in such a short race 2 stopping would be faster, if anything i would expect even with clean air on the track to still be at least 10 seconds slower than one stoppers.
A average result fot the team, to bad Greidanus couldn't make that move at the last lap
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy