Date: December 26, 2007 12:52PM
Posted by: abdelkader
_Erix_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Can you tell me at which point during the loading
> process this takes place?
>
> Is it before you see the weather screen?
> Then the .dat is corrupt and you need to reinstall
> the PLUS trackpack and 1991update01 (the updated
> trackpack).
>
> Is it at 80-90% of the loading process?
> One of the wad's is corrupt.
>

In fact ,the crash takes place at about 95% of the loading process. The screen turns black and afer approximately 4 seconds I see my desktop.

I wil carry out the tests you have mentioned some time later. As soon as I get some results, I will surely let you know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2007 12:54PM by abdelkader.
Re: GP4 F1 1991 MOD released !
Date: December 26, 2007 02:21PM
Hi Erik :)

Yu won't believe me...it works fine now. No single track crashes !!!Even Silverstone and Hockenheim work fine.

You have mentioned the two tests in your last post. In order to carry them out I have prepared a clean install of GP4, then I loaded the 1991 mod, then its update01, then I loaded the 1991 trackpack v2. I launched the game and it just works :)

I think my mistake was that I previously always installed 1991 trackpack v1 and after this step I would install trackpack v2. I think that this process might have caused some malfunction.

Don't bother anymore. THE SITUATION IS UNDER CONTROL FROM NOW ON :)

P.S. Now I have got some mminor questions not connected with bugs or crashes.

1) I noticed that when I enter CSM ,change some configurables and start the mod - I don't see any changes...but when I click "Restore" in CSM, then I change some configurables and finally I reload the mod again, the changes are visible. Why is it so? Is it a CSM bug? Do I have to Restore the 1991 mod everytime I want to change something in its configurables?

2) The question about the 2d steering wheel in driver's eyes camera (don't mistake it with cockpit view). Why isn't the steering wheel round-shaped (in fact it is somehow "half round-shaped"? Was it determined by some game limitations?

Thanks for your help, Erik. Now I can see what "1991 mod" is all about. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2007 02:30PM by abdelkader.
Date: December 26, 2007 02:46PM
Posted by: _Erix_
That's great news! I'm happy that all works fine now!

1) Be sure to set CSM to auto-restore (file->options->check auto restore
2) I'm not sure why we did it like that. I guess it was due to some limitations indeed

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: December 26, 2007 04:32PM
I see. At the beginning ,the auto-restore option was switched on but I unchecked it as I would get really annoyed when the mod loaded long. Now I understand that it is crucial in order to avoid the situation I described in my last post (question 1).

It's a pity that the game is limited in the point which prevents it from having a round-shaped, external steering wheel. However (I'm not sure though) I think that ,when I once loaded the 1988 mod, its external steering wheel was a round-shaped one.
So maybe it is possible...well, it can be a point to discuss for you - the mod creators :)

Another thing ,which I know that can't be fixed, is that the 3d steering wheel is fitted to the helmet and ,as a result, it moves in a weird manner from time to time (you know...the wheel turns to the right while the car goes to the left). Those 3d wheels are a really strong point of the 1991 mod.

One more, the very last, question:
What is the soundtrack of the 1991 mod? I know that there's a song called "Unfinished sympathy". I also know that the winner of a race is presented with "Run to you" by Bryan Adams, but these are the only titles that I know of. There are some more, instrumental themes which really send me shivers but I don't even know what they are called.

Date: December 26, 2007 05:33PM
The steering wheel in the 88 mod is a GpxPatch overlay and not an actual steering wheel, if I remember correctly.

I think our problem was that the file/space to use for the steering wheel is rectangular and if you draw a round wheel on it, it would be too small.

The mod has several classic songs in it. Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack is one of them. From the top of my head, there's also Owner of a lonely heart by Yes and Unbelievable by EMF.

Date: December 26, 2007 07:09PM
OK. I have just sent Greg Alexander a PM. According to the mod credits, it was him who was responsible for the music. Now I am waiting for his reply. Maybe he will clear the things up.

Thank you for your will to help and good pieces of information. Take care and enjoy X-mas. :)

Regards,
Przemek

Date: December 26, 2007 09:05PM
Posted by: quickslick
i've tried to use the 91 hockenheim track without the tsm as a single track, but there aren't any sponsor ads around the track. Does anyone knows what's happened and how can i solve it?
Date: December 26, 2007 10:08PM
That's right, the tracks from the PLUS trackpack have some blank track sponsors.

Date: December 26, 2007 10:14PM
Posted by: quickslick
ah ok, thanks for your reply :)
Date: December 27, 2007 01:41PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
One of the songs used for menus and the 2nd podium placing is The Fuji TV F1 intro theme called 'Truth'.

Another song used in the menus was one the BBC used in the early 80's to early 90's for their grid lineups. This song was taken from the 1983 film 'The Never Ending Story' and it's called 'Ivory Tower'.

The song for the Pole Position is the instrumental part of 'Owner of a Lonely Heart' by Yes.

The songs used for the WinChamp4 video is EMF's 'Unbelievable'(great job by Erik there).

The Mod intro sequence was taken from the Official 1991 FIA Review.

:)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: December 27, 2007 08:43PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Erik and Greg, you two are just unbelievable ...UH!

;)
Date: December 28, 2007 01:29AM
Where can I download the 1991 mod version of "Truth" ?
I managed to find some "modern" intros basing upon this theme but they just suck. Modernized style of "Truth" makes sparks not fly anymore in my heart.

Maybe there's a way in which I could extract this theme from the 1991 mod? (I'm not experienced in this field, that's why don't get upset if this question is nothing but asking about an obvious thing )

I'm really keen on having the themes mentioned by Greg on my headphones all the time :)

-------------EDIT---------------

No more problems. I managed to get all I wanted. Once again thanks for the assistance. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2007 02:05AM by abdelkader.
Date: January 27, 2008 03:49AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I dunno whether this is welcome or not, but I took the time to sort out the credits "skipping" suddenly upwards about half-way through the first intro video. After painstakingly adding about 9 frames in between the skipping (thank you MS Paint!), I then re-did the file to the point where it now looks absolutely seamless! (I think.)

I've tried it in GP4 and it works, so I'll upload it for you to try. Just replace it over the old "Logos.bik" file, but back that original up just in case.

Link: [rapidshare.com]

@Erix: if you want to include it in the next update (if there is one), you're quite welcome to. Credit would be nice, but I'm not picky. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: January 27, 2008 07:09AM
Thanks, we didn't have the time to sort it out back then. I will have a look at it and if it's ok I will put it online as an update :)

Date: January 28, 2008 02:29PM
Posted by: celinho
"... Yu won't believe me...it works fine now. No single track crashes !!!Even Silverstone and Hockenheim work fine.

You have mentioned the two tests in your last post. In order to carry them out I have prepared a clean install of GP4, then I loaded the 1991 mod, then its update01, then I loaded the 1991 trackpack v2. I launched the game and it just works

I think my mistake was that I previously always installed 1991 trackpack v1 and after this step I would install trackpack v2. I think that this process might have caused some malfunction. ..."

Erix then you this working in a V2 of the Trackpack 1991??
More a question.
Exists the possibility in a future evolution increase the cars of the Larousse, Ligier, AGS, Fondmetal, Footwork, Coloni and to Modena Team???
It is Clear in the place of the team fantasizes and in the four last slots of the teams base.
Or that knowledge does a pre-qualification (will be possible!!)....

Erix então você esta trabalhando numa V2 da Trackpack 1991??
Mais uma pergunta.
Existe a possibilidade numa futura evolução acrescentar os carros da Larousse, Ligier, AGS, Fondmetal, Footwork, Coloni e a Modena Team???
É Claro no lugar da equipe fantasia e nos quatro últimos slots da equipes base.
Ou que sabe faz uma pré-qualificação (será possível!!!)....

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: January 28, 2008 10:40PM
_Erix_ Wrote:
> Thanks, we didn't have the time to sort it out
> back then. I will have a look at it and if it's ok
> I will put it online as an update :)

Excellent, I eagerly await the (next) update. :)

@celinho: The cars chosen were balanced between the competitive midfield and some of the backmarkers. There's unlikely to be the other cars you specified unless somebody either expresses an interest in making them or actually does it. It *might* (big conditional that) happen when everything (tracks included) is finished.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: January 28, 2008 11:18PM
Posted by: celinho
Erix_ the evolution that thought to would be like in the Mod 1995, where is able to 3 be chosen (three) teams for be to 11ª team (Forti, Symtek or Pacific).
Alone that in instead of be barely in the 11ª team, you would be able to do from the 8ª up to 11ª.
See as:
1 - Mclaren - Honda
2 - Williams - Renault
3 - Ferrari - Ferrari
4 - Benetton - Ford Cosworth
5 - Jordan - Ford Cosworth
6 - Tyrrell - Honda
7 - Minardi - Ferrari
8 - Dallara - Judd / (Leyton House and Ligier)
9 - Lotus - Judd / (Modena Spa Team and AGS)
10 - Brabham - Yamaha / (Fondmetal and Footwork)
11 - Larousse - Ford Cosworth / (Coloni and Fantasy)

In the slot 10 well put in the place of the Brabham to Fondmetal.
In the slot 8 well put in the place of the Dallara to Ligier.
[f1-facts.com] in this site has several pictures for help in the modeling of the cars.
I am going to see some my friends they can help to develop these "others" cars, for that the MOD 1991 stayed complete.
Maintain the thread.

Célio Jr. - Rio Verde - Goiás - Brasil
Date: March 04, 2008 12:39PM
I have a question about Brazil 1991. Is the original pitlane gonna be made for it? Same with France.

Date: April 06, 2008 03:54PM
abdelkader Wrote:
> Another thing ,which I know that can't be fixed,
> is that the 3d steering wheel is fitted to the
> helmet and ,as a result, it moves in a weird
> manner from time to time (you know...the wheel
> turns to the right while the car goes to the
> left). Those 3d wheels are a really strong point
> of the 1991 mod.

I am quoting myself as I have been thinking about it lately. Maybe it is possible to make 3d steering wheels move in a "normal" way ?
I am thinking about synchronizing head movement with the movement of the game controller. I mean, if I turn my wheel to the left - the head (and in turn the 3d steering wheel) would turn to the left as well. The only thing is whether it is possible or not. I really hope it is.

Date: April 06, 2008 04:11PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I think that's how the 3D wheels are made. They're connected with the arms and the head so it moves indeed
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy