Istanbul 2005: RELEASED (links on p1)

Posted by Ruboy 
Re: Istanbul 2005: RELEASED (links on p1)
Date: September 02, 2006 12:18AM
Posted by: paulhackettevans
Thanks Steven,

I really love your 2004, but 2006 sounds cool too.

I'll send you a PM.

Paul
Date: September 02, 2006 08:11PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Here a samll video - some race action at Istanbul Park :)

[www.grandprixgames.org] (at the bottom of the page)

Date: September 03, 2006 04:00AM
Posted by: Tobchina
@ Ruboy,

I hope you can help me to find what's wrong.
Here, the story: I installed Istanbul as the old style, as I'm in a champ, still using de MP2005 (cars modified to 2006) and CSM 1.25, and, I had created the istanbul.wad and istanbul.dat before, so I need to change the interlagos.wad and .dat to istanbul to replace it.
So, I used TSM to unload the files, change them to istanbul (I have a tutorial how to do it) and replace them in my gp4, it means, I replaced only .wad and .dat files, nothing else, and I did it only on the normal track, I didn't install the hi-res version too.

As Istanbul was the next track in my champ, I started it, run the qualifying (no problems) and start the race, and, first, congratulations for the quality of the track, it's very good. The start of the race was fantastic, me and more 6 cars running almost in the same second for more than 10 laps, but, the first problem started when the cars tried to go to the pit stop, most of them crashed in the wall at the entrance of the pit. When it was my time to go to the pit, I saved the game before to try to identify what was happening there and, I discovered that if I was in the middle or left side of the track when approach turn 12, the car is pulled hard to left and at the turn 13, the car doens't make the turn, it goes to the grass and you have to go very slowly to avoid to spin. So, the problem in the turn 12, I solved running at the right side of the track, but I can not avoid the problem on turn 13, and it seems, all the other cars didn't make it, because after all the cars tried to go to first pit, I had only 8 cars running, all of the others had crashed.
So, what was a fantastic fun in the beginning, turned in a monotonous race, but, the worst problem, when it was missing 20 laps to go, the game crashed, the image stayed still and I have to turn off the PC to release it, so, I didn't finish the race.

Please, let me know what else I have to install to solve this problem, or, if you are working to try to solve it.

Sorry if some words are wrongly wrote as I'm Brazilian, living in Shanghai, English is not my natural language. So, if something was not very well explained, please asked me again and I'll try to explain better.
Date: September 03, 2006 10:31AM
Posted by: fongu
its a problem with the magic data...

Date: September 03, 2006 10:55AM
1. You installed the track correctly :)
2. AsFongu siad, concerning the pits it's a problem with magic data. Probably the speed is too high and the grip too low. As I am still using the 2004 mod I don't encounter the problem because the cars have more grip with the old soft tires.
3. Concerning the crash I cannot help :( It seems that several new tracks - not only Istanbul - crash sometimes after approx. 20 laps. Atm the reasons for CTD are hard to find. They are caused by the .gp4 but no way atm to solve them.

Date: September 04, 2006 03:01AM
Thanks Ruboy & Fongu, I'll fix the grip issue. Do you have a tip what will be a good number for the grip?

Regarding the tracks crash, you're right, I had the problems with Sakhir and Shanghai too, all the new tracks. I'll tell you the stories, so, maybe can give you an idea how to solve the problem in the future.
Sakhir was worst, I never finished it, it doesn't matter what I tried, always crashed before the second pit stop, even changing the pit stop lap.
But, Shanghai was a different story, the first time, I started the race one day but needed to save it, to continue later, at the continuation, it crashed.
So, I started again, qualifying and race without stops, didn't save until the end and...it worked, I finished the race.
So, I tried the same at Istanbul, because the first time it crashed, I had saved it to go to lunch (or my wife will kill me,eheh!) and, when back, it crashed 3 laps later, around lap 38. Then, I started again, qualifyinga and race but, it crashed at lap 9, it means, completely different reaction than Shanghai.

As this problem don't have a solution yet, as you told me, I ran advanced time and it will go until the end, so, at least, released me to continue my champ at Monza and, as most of the cars were crashed, I was 8th, at least 1 point, even out of the race.

After finish this champ, I'll delete and clean all files regarding CSMs and MPs I used before, and will try new CSM/TSM and MP2006 to see if the problem will happen again. I'll post the result as soon as I have it.
Date: September 04, 2006 06:56AM
Posted by: b-tone
If it crashes half way through a race i'd think it would be your pc, not the track. If you can do one lap without it crashing then you should be able to do a full race.

____
Tony

Date: September 04, 2006 08:43AM
@ b-tone,

I also thought that could be my PC, but...why the problem happened only with new tracks and all the others run perfectly well? If PC have a problem to run gp4, it must happen with all tracks, I think.
Date: September 04, 2006 08:58AM
Posted by: b-tone
thats true. is it always at the same time?
can other people run full races?

____
Tony

Date: September 04, 2006 10:03AM
No, it's not at the same time, the first time I tried Istanbul crashed at lap 38, the second time at lap 9. And, as Ruboy said, other guys had similar problems with new tracks, he said it's something related to .gp4 without a solution yet, it seems that we have to wait until somebody find the reason of this problem and issue something to fix it, until there, I have to count with my luck to finish a race in the new tracks.
Date: September 04, 2006 10:38AM
Posted by: dolinseks
I did a full race, and it worked. Altho I saved while in the race.

Date: September 04, 2006 11:04AM
@ dolinseks,

Just for me to try to identify the differences and possible causes of the problems. What CSM and MP are you using? How did you install the track?
Date: September 05, 2006 05:36AM
Posted by: sunil
thanks to all who worked hard for this track. just now i tried for the first time when i came back from my official tour yesteraday. this is really wonderful track and cc-line is good to get good lap times.

lucky i am not getting any CTD even without verbosity marked in GPXpatch. and i played 23 laps cont'ly and yet no crash to desktop.

only problem i noticed is ,exactly i don't remember which turn is that there FOSTER AD Board is flashing and disappearing showing RBS from far when i get to near it shows FOSTER add. bit weired but i can adjust just want to mention this.

once again thanks to everyone who worked hard for this wonderful track. special thanks to RUBOY for his hi-res update and banking curves.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: September 05, 2006 07:12AM
sunil Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> only problem i noticed is ,exactly i don't remember which turn is that
> there FOSTER AD Board is flashing and disappearing showing RBS from
> far when i get to near it shows FOSTER add. bit weired but i can
> adjust just want to mention this.
>

Please show a screensshot so that I can correct it in the future.

Date: September 05, 2006 08:39AM
Posted by: sunil
sure,

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB
Date: September 05, 2006 10:14AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
Don't know if it's been mentioned, or even if its a problem, but when the track installed with CSM we get a 2005 and 2006 track. I add the 2006 version to my 2006 tracks profile and load up the track.

The track works fine, but the pit stalls seem to be one space off. If I drive for Red Bull I'm in the Honda stall, and when I pull out I can see RB next door. Same thing if I select another team, I can see the correct pit stall next door.

Did I screw something up, and if so how do I correct it?

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: September 05, 2006 10:47AM
Posted by: fongu
i presume sunil means my bridge on the first corner?

@tim - thats part of the unfixable bugs at the moment!

Date: September 05, 2006 05:18PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
i installed track, tried to play 3 times, so far ctd 3 times without finishing a lap, about the final straight, after turn 9 i think it is. never had the problem with the previous version of this track but.
Date: September 05, 2006 10:42PM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
fongu Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> @tim - thats part of the unfixable bugs at the moment!
>
>

Ok Kev! Doesn't detract from the Istanbul in any way, I just thought maybe I had something out of kilter on my end....

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2006 04:10AM by Jagdpanzer.
Date: September 06, 2006 01:12AM
Posted by: welshjim22
When i install this track normally the game crashes. If i install using tsm it loads but the car appears in the middle of know where. Sometimes outside views show the pits in the distance or other scenery. Any ideas what has gone wrong. I am sure i am using the right dat file. I am having the same problem with Sakhir track and surfers paradise. I have updated many trackes before and have just updated Hockenheim 2006 no problem.

James

Helmet Courtesy of Dangerous.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.0, ASUS P5N32-SLI E
896MB nVIDIA GeForce BFG 260GTX OC, 19"SONY SDM-HS95PR
4GB DDR2 800MHz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy