Istanbul 2005: RELEASED (links on p1)

Posted by Ruboy 
Re: Istanbul 2005: RELEASED (links on p1)
Date: August 30, 2006 07:54PM
Posted by: fongu
Thanks Martin, theres an improvement everywhere in the track, driveability, entrance to the pitlane, and many additional/moved textures and objects (and probs other stuff too!). Great stuff.

I wouldn't be the tester that I am if i didn't nitpick now ;) I presume the 2006 textures are just for the plus system, and does not affect other sponsors etc. The horizon sticks out like a saw thumb, i think it can be improved. The top of the main grandstand, one of the parts is mapped wrong (also wrong in schallers version). Otherwise outstanding stuff. I can make it round turn 8 now! :)

Date: August 30, 2006 07:54PM
Posted by: jpmfw
@Martin, LOL!
@Kev, yes mate, the 06 garage textures are for plus, but if you want to use them for anything else,no problem with me :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2006 07:56PM by jpmfw.
Date: August 30, 2006 08:01PM
Posted by: damunoz
Let me understand first before download: In gp4db I found 2 links, I have to download both files for the hi-res version?? It's imperative to use TSM (even if I don't know how to use it) in order to install the track??

Thanks...

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: August 30, 2006 08:01PM
Posted by: Ruboy
fongu Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Martin, theres an improvement everywhere in the track,
> driveability, entrance to the pitlane, and many additional/moved
> textures and objects (and probs other stuff too!). Great stuff.
>
> I wouldn't be the tester that I am if i didn't nitpick now I presume
> the 2006 textures are just for the plus system, and does not affect
> other sponsors etc. The horizon sticks out like a saw thumb, i think
> it can be improved. The top of the main grandstand, one of the parts
> is mapped wrong (also wrong in schallers version). Otherwise
> outstanding stuff. I can make it round turn 8 now!
>
>

Thanks for comments :)
I know the horizon is not perfect. Actually I planned to make a new one but I had not enough and good photo material - so I changed the positions a bit and added a few new hills.
Concerning the grandstand, maybe we can improve it in case of a 2006 version. But atm there are more important projects :)

Date: August 30, 2006 08:08PM
Posted by: mwb
If you don't want to use TSM to run the track then you don't have to. You have to use TSM to unpack the files though.

Ruboy explains all this in the read me.:)

Brilliant track, thanks go out to Ruboy and everyone else involved in the project. Turn 8 the stuff of legends.;)

damunoz Wrote:
> Let me understand first before download: In gp4db I found 2 links, I
> have to download both files for the hi-res version?? It's imperative
> to use TSM (even if I don't know how to use it) in order to install
> the track??
>
> Thanks...
>
> JPM, you still #1 !!!
Date: August 30, 2006 08:10PM
Posted by: damunoz
Thanks for the answer mwb, but the other part of the question still missing: I have to download both files for the hi-res version??

mwb Wrote:
> If you don't want to use TSM to run the track then you don't have to.
> You have to use TSM to unpack the files though.
>
> Ruboy explains all this in the read me.
>
> Brilliant track, thanks go out to Ruboy and everyone else involved in
> the project. Turn 8 the stuff of legends.
>
> damunoz Wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Let me understand first before download: In gp4db I found 2
> links, I
> > have to download both files for the hi-res version?? It's
> imperative
> > to use TSM (even if I don't know how to use it) in order to
> install
> > the track??
> >
> > Thanks...
> >
> > JPM, you still #1 !!!

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: August 30, 2006 08:15PM
Posted by: b-tone
mwb Wrote:
> If you don't want to use TSM to run the track then you don't have to.
> You have to use TSM to unpack the files though.
>
> Ruboy explains all this in the read me.

Yes, and a very nice section of readme that bit is - well done Martin :p

TO use the hi res update, you need both files

____
Tony

Re: Istanbul 2005: RELEASED
Date: August 30, 2006 08:16PM
b-tone Wrote:
> You need the track to use the Hi Res update - don't just download the
> Hi res update!!

>
> ____
> Tony
>
>

Date: August 30, 2006 09:06PM
Posted by: maruzzu
very beautiful I have tried it but .............. the tarmac of the track is not that dark of the screens?????
Date: August 30, 2006 09:20PM
Posted by: kentauro
Bug
in this version cars miss the pit entrance , accelerate after the s turn and can't turn into the pit but against the guardrail
Date: August 30, 2006 09:28PM
Posted by: Monza972
let me just say this track is awesome and i nearly ran off at turn 8 but hung on (damn tilke)... The pit positions are ok imo but what i don't understand is what the plus system has to do with anything could someone maybe explain it to me... I'm hoping that there will be a 2006 version aswell... Good Day
Date: August 30, 2006 09:31PM
Posted by: fast_alonso
Monza mate, PLUS is a system which allows you to put garage textures in your track.wad more easier.

As because of the mapping and updating is a bit confusing on normal way :-)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Date: August 30, 2006 09:33PM
@monza,ok,basically plus is just a system of file naming that makes installing different pit garage/stand textures much much easier,because they are all named exactly the same in any track wad.So for example,in Ruboy`s Istanbul, the name of Renault`s garage back wall is, garage_01_back ,that naming system is universal with the plus system, thus eliminating having to go through the track wad finding which particular tex file corresponds with the tex you want to update.Tony has made this possible,and i`m sure he could ad more info, but that`s basically it.:).I just painted them ;).Also, the plus system cuts the amount of tex files needed from 5 to 3, 1 for the back wall (no center panel as it`s painted on the rear wall tex),1 for the sides(50/50 split),and 1 for the toolboxes.And thefiles will only work with a plus enabled track,keeping them nice and safe ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2006 09:46PM by jpmfw.
Date: August 30, 2006 09:50PM
kentauro Wrote:
> Bug
> in this version cars miss the pit entrance , accelerate after the s
> turn and can't turn into the pit but against the guardrail

That's your bug. Do all cars hit the wall?
Do you have decreased track grip? If track grip is decreased (performace files, magic data, gp4 tweaker...) the cars slide more and this could happen.
Normally it should not and till now nobody else encountered this problem.

Date: August 30, 2006 09:53PM
Posted by: 32BOBO32
is there someone who have intention to made a PLUS PATCH to convert original/update track to use the plus system? I think that maybe there's only the track *.gp4 file to modify and the plus garage to substitute :P
Date: August 30, 2006 09:58PM
As far as I know, the final version of CSM/TSM will have this PLUS feature which allows to upgrade PLUS compatible tracks by only two or three clicks :)
To make tracks PLUS compatible the .gp4 file must be modified, that means mapping and texture names of the garages and pitstands must be adjusted.
I assume Tony will create a brief tutorial about this in the future.

Date: August 30, 2006 10:01PM
Indeed, a tutorial will be made,you might even get a template too,depending what kind of mood i`m in! hehehehehehe.In the meantime,any genuine trackmaker that might want to use the textures,get in touch with me and i`ll be happy to help :)

Date: August 30, 2006 10:05PM
Posted by: AdamGilchrist
i dont like this new gp4 "community" thing going on, where mods and tracks are realeased where you have to use tsm or csm. there is something strange in the air lately regarding that. you wrote in the readme, that it is only for compression issues, then why not compress with 7zip or winrar or something common to general users. now i will HAVE TO download tsm just for this uncompression, but rest assured, i will delete it as soon as the track is uncompressed. either way, thankyou for your very hard work on the track though.
Date: August 30, 2006 10:09PM
Well the compression is one huge factor for a start,way way better than anything you might think of. Do you ever find anything you don`t want to complain about?, no offence, but every time you post ,you complain, why not just get TSM uncompress the track and use it as normal, which is quite clearly explained on page 1 !

Date: August 30, 2006 10:12PM
Posted by: fast_alonso
LoL why download tsm ;) Isn't it a part of CSM.

Anyway, usless post Adam.

There is everything fine and you're the only one who is crying about that. Sorry but imo it's sad! :(

edit: damn, Paolo beat me to it ;)

--> 2 times Worldchampion 2oo5 & 2oo6' <--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2006 10:13PM by fast_alonso.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy