"The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony

Posted by b-tone 
Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: August 15, 2006 05:46PM
Posted by: mwb
Seems like quite a few are having problems.:(

I'll try it when I get home and hopefully it works. Not keen on using CSM though. Nothing against it and I'm sure it's a good program but like many others I prefer to update the game manually.

I also understand that authors don't want people stealing their work. I wouldn't want some scumbag stealing my work either. But if people are having problems using the wonderful cars that have been created then it defeats the object anyway.
Date: August 15, 2006 05:49PM
Posted by: warringtonj
This is the problem i encounter

[makephpbb.com]

Join the friendliest site in the GP4 community
Date: August 15, 2006 05:57PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
ah found my solution of not being able to press start, forgot to load some tracks with TSM, now all working fine but tony you had it already in 2005 mod don't put in a f1graphic file and f1gstate file cause i have for one thing no steering wheel like you use and second graphic file is for everyone different. Only a tip.

It works great and of course like 2005 one its superb job. Thx

It even works perfectly with a non new exe ;-)
Date: August 15, 2006 06:03PM
Posted by: Gusgus
It works perfectly for me too, CSM and TSM are great and I return to the game quickly !

Thanks to all who participated to this great MOD.
Date: August 15, 2006 06:16PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Also I am not loving of the CSM, would like to have the SA06 and Honda 06. Future the archives (lods and tex) will be set free? Grateful

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: August 15, 2006 06:21PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
quickslick schreef:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> what does this mean?

Have the same problem.

Tony, how can this be solved?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: August 15, 2006 06:22PM
Posted by: BenF1
I am still having problems with CSM saying that 1.25.0.994 is required, however when I installed CSM the csmcore.exe was version 1.25.0.991. I tried updating it but it says that no updates are avaliable! What do I do?!/
Date: August 15, 2006 06:24PM
Posted by: Bigbrother
benf1 you are not using the csm public beta release 3 that version is 1.26 you still have an old csm you are using !!!!
Date: August 15, 2006 06:33PM
No i'm sure that i'm using the new CSM look:
Date: August 15, 2006 06:36PM
Posted by: Monza972
no ben ur using the old csm look where it says csmcore.exe next to it, it says 1.25.0.991 update it the the "1.25" will change to "1.26"
Date: August 15, 2006 06:41PM
Posted by: b-tone
If you open your C:\Program Files\ZaZ Gp4 tools\Settings\Carset Manager.ini file in otepad you'll see a line like:

Updatepath=HTTP://files.vadertrophy.com/zaz/csm/1.26/Update/

The last part will either be Stable or Update. Stable is for more stable versions, and Update is the possibly unsafe testing version. I don't know what Zaz has put online for Stable, but I use Update. So you can choose Update if you want. Maybe the Stable version is older than the mod needs.

Ruben - just open one of those .csm files in notepad and delete the UID key.

@mwb - theres no problems with using the locked cars inside the mod. most problems seem to be related to a not up to date CSM.
If you want to use those cars, then either use the mod or alk nicely to the authors.

____
Tony

Date: August 15, 2006 06:43PM
Posted by: b-tone
The lastest csmcore version is currently 1.25.0.995

1.26 will come once the beta testing period is over I guess :)

____
Tony

Date: August 15, 2006 06:47PM
But the thing i'm not getting is i've downloaded the beta version, and yet my version appears to be out of date! :@

Also, I tried that thing you suggested Tony and it ain't working mate. :(
Date: August 15, 2006 07:03PM
Posted by: xander1727
Hi, b-tone,

I've got the game to get to the menus and to calibrate the graphics but i can't do anything after that, because the game crashes. HELP?
Date: August 15, 2006 07:19PM
Posted by: drafi5
@ Tony:
I saw a little bug in the Williams teamart, because in the
ini.files changed order of driver9 and 10, it should be:

driver9 = webber.gpi (wurz.gpi)
driver10= rosberg.gpi (karthikeyan.gpi)

and so the helmets, I corrected it in the ini.files and
it works fine now, so does the mod with CSM/TSM.

Once again thanks Tony and gp4italia.

Happy racing from Germany !!!
Date: August 15, 2006 07:25PM
Posted by: TTM
Great mod, but i have to agree with mwb. I also want update my cars.wad manually. If in future, only way to get new cars is download season'xxxx mod, i have to say good bye to GP4. :( (sorry guys, nothing wrong/problems with CSM but i don't like it)
Date: August 15, 2006 07:38PM
Posted by: kizz360
great :)
to all non csm users/lovers - coming from me, im pleased that my car is locked, theres nothing worse for a modder to see their worked leeched and ripped, so i hope that you understand where i am coming from. CSM/TSM is a very good tool, and it can also do trackspecific wads, very much like the old 'golden era trackspec wads', ok it might be a bit of hasle and there may be a few crashes and times where things wont work straight away, but things need to change, thats how evolution happend ;) and i think that this a is change for the good.

once again thanks tony,zaz,oggo,32BOBO32 and the rest of the gpitalia team as well as the other contributers to the mod :)

Date: August 15, 2006 07:39PM
Posted by: NJ
thanks to CSM, my GP4 is screwed. If I want to un-install it, there are errors at every file.
I can't do anything anymore with GP4, i also prefer updating .wads manually.
Is there any other way to un-install GP4 instead of running the setup.exe?

Date: August 15, 2006 07:42PM
Posted by: bragaster
great release! :D it's being a lot fun driving this way... i just have one question could someone send me the defpanel that's being used in htis mod? i've trying to get it, but never found a place to download, thks :)
Date: August 15, 2006 07:43PM
Posted by: Mini Maestro
A change in attitude is also needed then. I have talked to Tony about it via pm and people need to be more supportive of newbies when they have their frustrations with CSM/TSM because as it is a lot of people will give up before trying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy