[makephpbb.com]

Join the friendliest site in the GP4 community
Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: August 16, 2006 01:59AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
i still have this 1 prob

i did replace the f1gstate file with my orginal but still

"the steering response is not as fast as before i used this mod

eg - when i use keyboard button > , to turn right - the wheel starts turning after 3-4 secs"

+

is it me who just hasnt got a steering wheel folder. i can only play with the mclaren steering wheel? i thought more were included

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 03:02AM by DJSKYLINE.
Date: August 16, 2006 02:02AM
Posted by: kewell_fever
guys, i need to noe somfing. if i drived with a super aguri in germany, will it have the germany texture and carshape
Date: August 16, 2006 02:46AM
Posted by: Gusgus
kewell_fever a �rit:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> guys, i need to noe somfing. if i drived with a super aguri in
> germany, will it have the germany texture and carshape

Definitely yes.
Date: August 16, 2006 03:20AM
and how to make circuit order different. i just got csm yeaterday and still rookie

this is getting the mod to work.
go into latest csm. go to file and go to the load carset. then load the mod then start te game in csm right

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 03:25AM by kewell_fever.
Date: August 16, 2006 04:07AM
Posted by: SchumiBoy2
God Bless you! Thanks a lot guys, great suprise, I knew you wouldn't dissapoint. Thanks a lot buddy.
Date: August 16, 2006 04:18AM
Posted by: Jagdpanzer
CSM is the way to go. It's worth the effort to learn and a lot less hassle than multiple installs or editing every cars wad on your hard drive.

BTW, I see no problem with people locking their work and only allowing it to be included in a CSM set. After all THEY made it! They don't owe the community a thing. If people are so ungrateful they feel they have to demand access to the new cars, they should step back for a reality check.

It seems simple to me. If you want the new stuff learn CSM. If thats too much of a hassle then learn to do without the new stuff or make your own......

BTW, thanks Tony and GP4Italia for the 2006 mod! It's a fantastic surpise...

"There are some pikeys there at Turn 10 putting tarmac down - what do you think of that?" - Martin Brundle
Date: August 16, 2006 04:29AM
Posted by: Prblanco
A nice work and a nice surprise... I won't point out what I liked because it'll take too much time ;) I'll just stick to what I didn't like...

Just as in the GP2 Mod, the resolution is set to 1280x1024. I don't run any game in that resolution, I prefer 1024x768 as it's a bit faster and yet very nice looking. I went to the graphics section to change it, and the moment I chose 1024x768, the game crashed - just like the GP2 Mod.

This problem aside, the Mod is a great work.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: August 16, 2006 04:30AM
guys am i right with wha i do im csm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 04:31AM by kewell_fever.
Date: August 16, 2006 04:41AM
Posted by: SchumiBoy2
Hmm... got a problem.. it keeps saying i need to install direcx8 or else CSM won't run, i installed 9.1 any ideas?
Date: August 16, 2006 05:30AM
Posted by: R0b3rt0_38
is it me or everyone have a problem with all this? ;)

GOOD OLD WADS ARE THE BEST ;) ;) ;)

- - - - -
Roberto - CTDP

www.rob38designs.co.nr
Date: August 16, 2006 05:41AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
yep, i guess quite a few are including me!

still cant get the steering to work properly

Date: August 16, 2006 05:59AM
i cant get the change of skins for differents circuits to work. help plz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 06:08AM by kewell_fever.
Date: August 16, 2006 06:24AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Sorry another question, and sorry of this has been asked can I add other cars to CSM (for example another MF1) that was not included in the original mod and what steps do I need to take.

Buzz
Date: August 16, 2006 06:34AM
Posted by: b-tone
@buzz. yep its easy - like most things with csm :)

in the set go to the Data\Cars\Midland folder. the default.ini files controls it all.

[Vars]
; car shape data
cardefault =Sakhir

; texture data
texdefault =Sakhir

that measn the game use all files found in those two folders: 'Data\Cars\Midland\Car\Sakhir' and 'Data\Cars\Midland\Hi\Sakhir' so put the files in there.
Also in the Lo\Sakhir and Std\Sakhir folders if you don't use Hi res.
You'll hae to fiddle with tweaker setings maybe, but I guess other mf1's are based on Teraur's so it should be ok.

The reason a few of the cars are a bit older is because nicer ones are coming :)

@all - I'll pit up a FAQ soon that should answer all problems.
Despite all the negative in here I haven't seen one genuine prolem yet.
Zaz works hard to make it all work, and if you follow the guidelines it should work - ie, CSM works best on a clean installation

____
Tony

Date: August 16, 2006 06:37AM
Posted by: Senna
EDIT1: OK, I've installed the mod and it works wonders. except one thing. Why do we have tobacco cars at hungary? only honda is running NT version... Some helmets are still from 2005, such as Sato's and Tiago's helmets, but it is something I can solve later :)

Any help from the modders responsible for this update will be appreciated. Thanks!

Senna

EDIT2: I'm very amazed with the TSM, it is magic! My 2006 track set is working wonders, fantastic tool that TSM. Cheers ZaZ :D

EDIT3: I've solved some issues I had and posted earlier. But I have another one - The generic steering wheel texs arent displaying correctly in cockpit view, but when i changed to Honda steering wheel it works fine, apart from the arms colors that are still from 2005 season. I am wondering if someone has a gp4tweaker armscolors.ini with the 2006 arms colors?

"I'm an artist, the track is my canvas, and the car is my brush."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2006 07:42AM by Senna.
Date: August 16, 2006 06:39AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Thanks Tony, I have not given up on it at all (CSM), just a creature of habit but I am willing to give it a major go, I can see so many nice features it is hard to ignore.
Date: August 16, 2006 07:18AM
Posted by: v@sh
Just gave CSM a go and its great!! Kudos to all the contributors to this excellent mod!

Had a few problems with adjusting my graphics to what they were before - ended up just changing the graphics settings to manual in GP4 and getting it to set itself again - and that fixed it. A few PO up but at least its back up and running. I can see why the creators of the cars would want to use CSM and it beats having to unpack, pack wads.

Just a few questions though:

How do I adjust the t-cam views through GP4Tweaker? as I've always used TeamEditor to do this.

Is it possible to use other cars in place of the ones that are in the mod for e.g. I want to change the Ferrari to e_schumi's 2006 version?

Will we also be able to change other features besides the cars e.g. helmets, tyres etc like the question above.

Even without a clean installation, CSM works fine :D

I think updating manually gives you more control and options to edit, but if CSM continues to build on the work done so far, I don't think there will be a need for other programs later on. And most of all it fixes the major problem of leeching in the community.
Date: August 16, 2006 07:40AM
Posted by: ZaZ
DJSKYLINE Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

> just 1 small problem - the steering response is not as fast as before
> i used this mod
>
> eg - when i use keyboard button > , to turn right - the wheel
> starts turning after 3-4 secs.
>
> is there something for me to change in the contol setup - if yes which
> bit?
>
> thanks
>
try to go to the csm options screen and then change 'processor priority' from 'above normal' to 'normal'.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: August 16, 2006 08:27AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
i understand that modders have reservations about releasing their cars, in case they are leeched, but isn't this letting the leechers win? Why should we let innocent members of the community suffer?

also, how did i get the 2006 cars to work manually, before it suddenly stopped working?

X (@ed24f1)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy