"The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony

Posted by b-tone 
Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: August 16, 2006 10:37PM
Posted by: damunoz
Maybe Fongu can learn about the Kizz position and let us drive his SA without have to learn to live with csm... come on!! :) :) I'm against leechers and maybe this issu of encrypting will be good, but some people on the gp4 community we like to update our games on the "old" way... :)

Back to basics... I feel like a newbie! hahahahaa!!!
Date: August 16, 2006 10:43PM
Posted by: NJ
Kizz you're the man dude!

Date: August 16, 2006 10:44PM
Posted by: maruzzu
for kizz

thanks very mutch for the news and thanks for this fantastic cars

"ave kizz"
Date: August 17, 2006 12:12AM
Posted by: Buzz Hornet
Thanks Kizz :)
Date: August 17, 2006 12:45AM
Posted by: ReisF1
thanks a lot kizz
Date: August 17, 2006 01:07AM
Posted by: ZaZ
the locking tex and gp4 files were not really meant to be waterproof.
when i wrote the 'infamous' leech protection (which is 100% different than the locked files) i played with the idea to offer functionality to authors to lock files.
i let tony (and later some others) test a very basic version of it and it seemed to 'work'

tony told me that he was very keen on releasing the mod with locked files, because a number of authors prefered it that way... i told him that the current locking system was very unsafe, but we came to the conclusion that it was better than nothing.

the locking mechanism is quite low on the list to finetune and to make 'safe'
i want to make csm and the other tools as much stable as possible with minimal effort. that's top priority.

but i will continue on the locking features... it's not that i want to see mods 'locked', but i want authors to have the opportunity to protect their work. i pretty much knew this current version wasn't going to hold for very long though.. csm combined with protected textures and shapes is still early days, but it will change in the future.

i don't have plans to force people to use csm. my ego isn't that big. i just write something to make it easier for quite some people (especially mod makers). i can understand that csm looks quite complex, but once you get the grasps of it, it's not that hard.
i do my best to stay compatible with other tools. you can still add every car in every mod by yourself if you know how to do it. there are very few limitations. you can still work with the ease of teameditor etc. you just have to save files and stuff them in the patch folder instead of exporting directly.
tony is always prepared to help and in case of bugs in the programs, i am too.

telling 'we know the author of csm is GOD' with such sarcasm (you know who you are) doesn't help anybody. it's just fuel on the fire. i'm here to help, not to take over. i do this in my free time, because i love gp4 and some people 'love' my work. it makes it worth to add that little bit extra that i wouldn't add if it were just for me. reading so many negative posts is very disencouraging.
what part of csm are you unhappy about? i'm open for suggestions. what doesn't work when you are sure you are doing nothing wrong? i might be able to fix it for you.
claiming you want to have a choice, is obsolete for a mod built like this. this is a mod of 67 mb. if you want to make a exe installer like frankies mod which offers the same featuers for each texture resolution, then you'll have to make 3 seperate installers of 600+ mb or something. not telling ones good or bad, but at this stage, it's apples and oranges.
and you're always dependent of 'tools'. can't extract a wad by just looking at it, so try to be more specific what's the direction that you don't like.

the tools package is still in beta stage and i know csm and tsm still have bugs.
new documentation is on the way and again... i'm nothing trying to stuff anything into the throath of the community, so i'm open to suggestions.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 01:09AM by ZaZ.
Date: August 17, 2006 01:18AM
Posted by: v@sh
I agree Zaz! Great work on CSM btw, its improved heaps compared to before. Have thought about adding greater functionality to it so players can have greater options to customize GP4?

If I were kizz, I'd be p*ss'd off too! I hope we get this car locking business working well in the future. Then car makers can not worry about things like this, it'll only benefit the community. Cars will come out quicker and progress will be quicker without having to deal with idiots like that.
Date: August 17, 2006 01:25AM
Posted by: jpmfw
i agree with you zaz, i think people are too quick to dismiss CSM,i remember testing really early versions of this latest build when tony asked me to test the 05 mod and TSM and everything else,compare where you have got it to now,and back then, and anyone can,or should,see exactly how far it`s come.Given time it`s easy to work,a lot easier than it was :P ,i for one am really grateful to you for spending your time and effort into making the ability to use mods and different tracks so much easier.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 01:26AM by jpmfw.
Date: August 17, 2006 02:27AM
I am just about sold just have the following questions:

- In the GPx Patch option the GPxSet option is "blanked out". As I want to use other physics and other performance files how do I go about enabling this feature?

- Can the steering wheel and cockpit be changed to the K-Sor version in the future? (as an alternative)

- Can I still use tracks that I modify/add magic data to them etc by using Cmagic in the GP4 directory?

The Good & Bad News:

- Tony I have installed another Midland version as per your instructions and it worked perfectly :) Thanks

- The game seems to run very fast and I learnt a few things. Firstly I had my normal Windows XP display set at 1024 x 768 and I ran GP4 pretty much in the same configuration. Well I bumped my normal display resolution to 1600 x 1140 (or something like that) and increased GP4 to run in the 1280 mode and it works perfectly infact never has run better.

- I played around with TSM and found that my track menu's in GP4 are now all screwed up but they still play OK - I didn't read the instructions but I have since found your detailed TSM instructions and will follow them now :)

Apart from that I am comign to terms and I am starting to see the huge benifets, and beleive me I am a hard core non CSM person prior to this and loved to manually update my wads but I see huge potential in this now. Keep up the great work Zaz & Tony and team.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 02:30AM by Buzz Hornet.
Date: August 17, 2006 02:54AM
Posted by: matt hill97
Keep good work Zaz. CSM and is a fantastic tool.
Date: August 17, 2006 03:39AM
Posted by: Paco
Buzz Hornet Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> - In the GPx Patch option the GPxSet option is "blanked out". As I
> want to use other physics and other performance files how do I go
> about enabling this feature?

You can't enable this feature, because it's something you can do within the mod. For the physics, just drop the g3p file in ...\Grand Prix 4\GPSAVES\Carsets\2006\Data\Patch (replace mariano 2006 physic v1.0.g3p, make backup first just in case).
About performance files, it's almost the same thing, but now in 'Performance' folder instead of 'Patch', you'll see 21 txt in there, just replace the one you want with your own, you'll probably have to rename them the same, Tony will know for sure ;-)

> - Can the steering wheel and cockpit be changed to the K-Sor version
> in the future? (as an alternative)

Sure, check the 'Cockpit' folder, and replace the relevant files in there.

> - Can I still use tracks that I modify/add magic data to them etc by
> using Cmagic in the GP4 directory?

Everything track-related you should do with TSM, read the tutorial Tony wrote, and you should work it out pretty quick.

It's good to know you gave CSM a chance, you won't be disappointed. :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: August 17, 2006 04:27AM
Thanks Paco :) Will do some investigations.

Paco just one thing where do I find the tutorial from Tony on all things TSM?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 04:42AM by Buzz Hornet.
Date: August 17, 2006 05:20AM
Posted by: sunil
hello
Zaz

how r u?
i am really so so so so sorryy for using sentence (''we know the author of csm is GOD'' with such sarcasm )by me in previous post. i really didn't mean to hurt ur feelings at all. i just worried about cars which are not released open to public and clearing to those who said i am against to CSM.

and i said that with really whole heartedly that ur great to create such tool.it doesn't mean i am insulting u or anything.

sorry my mother tongue isn't english , so i couldn't express my feelings exactly outside what i think inside.

i am sorry. i appreciate all ur work and in no way i am not against to it. i am just worried about cars that they are locked and can't be used without CSM.
in near future i'll try to be CSM user and will understand everything about that.

sorry
sunil

Ur mail box is full to send PM ,so thought to post here

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 05:25AM by sunil.
Date: August 17, 2006 05:34AM
Posted by: Bigbrother
yeah the lock isn't 100 % for sure :-) but its a good start

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 05:48AM by Bigbrother.
Date: August 17, 2006 05:47AM
Posted by: Paco
Buzz Hornet Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Paco just one thing where do I find the tutorial from Tony on all
> things TSM?

[www.grandprixgames.org] :)

I'm against sigpics
Date: August 17, 2006 06:59AM
Posted by: PHILLR
Hi all!

Newbie around here.....
Could someone kindly offer me some assistance please?

I am not a PC guru by any means.....

I have downloaded the 2006 mod and the CSM but have no idea how to implement it and make it work from that point.

It would be fantastic if someone could post a Step by Step guide in my terms (Simple).

I really really want to update my GP4 to the 2006 cars and tracks!!
Please Please Please help me somebody!
Date: August 17, 2006 07:09AM
Posted by: Lasek99
It tells me I have the wrong exe. Help?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 07:19AM by Lasek99.
Date: August 17, 2006 08:16AM
Posted by: gezere
hehehehe, I know you can be afraid by read 14 pages of post but the large majority of the replies at your problems and useful links are included.

@Paolo. It seems I have a new friend called CSM... It seems to work on my crap laptop!!!!???? lol

Bernard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2006 08:18AM by gezere.
Date: August 17, 2006 08:36AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
many thanks kizz!

any news from fongu?

X (@ed24f1)
Date: August 17, 2006 09:41AM
Posted by: KimiGo
Fongu released single file for Super Aguri ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy