"The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony

Posted by b-tone 
Re: "The 2006 Mod" by GP4Italia and Tony
Date: August 17, 2006 09:13PM
Posted by: [FIN]Räkä
I disabled steering help from GP4Tweaker. Now when I turn the car it turns but the wheel doesn't. :) And is there a way to adjust steering sensitivity?
Date: August 17, 2006 09:20PM
Posted by: 00omalleys
GP4 is back up and running :)

SORRY!
Date: August 17, 2006 10:39PM
Posted by: Ruboy
Wow that looks great :)

Big thanks to Tony, ZaZ, Öggo, 32BOBO32 and the others involved for delivering such fantastic stuff :)

Date: August 17, 2006 11:44PM
Posted by: kewell_fever
[FIN]Räkä Wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> I disabled steering help from GP4Tweaker. Now when I turn the car it
> turns but the wheel doesn't. And is there a way to adjust steering
> sensitivity?

that happens just to be a bug. i found that out to so i just put steering help on. if u want it turned of completely, play with a steering wheel.
Date: August 18, 2006 12:01AM
Posted by: dcuk7
I have a question about TSM. When I click on load tracks, TSM loads in all the 2001 tracks that came with the game. I have overwritten virtually every single one of them with newer (2004/2005/2006) tracks. Why don't they show up? How do I get it so I can have China, Bahrain and Istanbul in the list. I read the thread here but that doesn't really cover what I am asking.

Thanks.

Oh, and great mod btw, aside from a few issues I like how it works. Looking forward to updates to it.

- Jacques Villeneuve 1997 World Champion
Date: August 18, 2006 12:18AM
Posted by: Monza972
yeah same thing for me too well i have tsm working in order but the values and stuff you get [circled in pic] are all 2001's do i have 2 manually update them or it does it automatically coz some tracks are all replaced new season updates eg hockenhiem, australia and so on. Plus my tracks are in the default order so the wad stated there is wrong. PLus with the next update of the mod will you be including real test cars eg. redbull by raul and william by paolo?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 12:44AM by Monza972.
Date: August 18, 2006 03:33AM
Posted by: photoshopp
I followed this step

1° reistall gp4 from the original cd
2° install 1.02 official update
3° replace with the decrypted 1.02 version of the gp4.exe
4° install GPXPatch 3.91
5° install CSM 1.26 BETA
6° auto update CSM to the latest version

then I still get this error
Date: August 18, 2006 03:37AM
Posted by: mortal
post that in the grandprixx.com forum as well m8 ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: August 18, 2006 07:40AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
i need help - trying to insert canada spec renault

i tried this in cars/renault/default.ini but it doesnt work

[Vars]
; car shape data
cardefault =Nurburgring
cartrack4 =Melbourne
cartrack10 =Canada

; texture data
texdefault =Sakhir
textrack4 =Nurburgring
textrack10 =Canada

[Main]
Format =

[Config]
Dir1 =Car\%cardefault%,Car\(cartrack%tracknum%),Car\%trackname%,%cartexres%,%cartexres%,%cartexres%\%texdefault%,%cartexres%\(textrack%tracknum%),%cartexres%\%trackname%

do i change the cartrack & textrack number

i did select canada in csm - mod configurables

Date: August 18, 2006 08:20AM
Posted by: pradita.utama
Hi, i'm a new member :) how to install "The 2006 Mod by GP4Italia and Tony" ? Nothing happened when i run the game. thanks. :D
Date: August 18, 2006 08:26AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
DJSKYLINE schreef:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> i need help - trying to insert canada spec renault
>
> i tried this in cars/renault/default.ini but it doesnt work
>
>
> ; car shape data
> cardefault =Nurburgring
> cartrack4 =Melbourne
> cartrack10 =Canada
>
> ; texture data
> texdefault =Sakhir
> textrack4 =Nurburgring
> textrack10 =Canada
>
>
> Format =
>
>
> Dir1 =Car\%cardefault%,Car\(cartrack%tracknum%),Car\%trackname%,%carte
> xres%,%cartexres%,%cartexres%\%texdefault%,%cartexres%\(textrack%track
> num%),%cartexres%\%trackname%
>
>
>
> do i change the cartrack &amp; textrack number
>
> i did select canada in csm - mod configurables
>
>

did you put the shape in the car canada map
and the tex in the Hi/canada map

don't know if it makes a differance but canada is race 9 :)
Date: August 18, 2006 09:09AM
Posted by: kimifanaat
well i installed the mod finally, but i think my pc is too slow to handle it, the cars don't drive perfectly, so its better for me to update it manually, question when is the honda, the williams and the super aguri going to be released as seperately files?
Date: August 18, 2006 09:42AM
Posted by: Sebbo
How to add the 2006TVstyle???

Date: August 18, 2006 10:01AM
Posted by: reppana
It that a bug? :)

Date: August 18, 2006 10:03AM
Posted by: willshui
how to install track? After i installed the mod, there's no track installed. And I use TSM to install track, but TSM asks for tsm file. where is it? thanks.
Date: August 18, 2006 10:06AM
Posted by: b-tone
Visors
If you have the 2001 visors showing, you need to disable them in your f1grahphics.cfg
0 ; Enable visor when in cockpit view

White cars
If your cars are white you either need to change the seting in game ' Use high resolution textures' or change your f1graphics.cfg

Camera settings messed up
With 'Tweaker real time editing' On, the default tweaker key binds will work. So 'V' for instance resets the values, 'M' will move whatever tweak is in action.
You should leave RT editing off unless you want to make changes, as there is key conflicts with GPxPatch and other things.

@JPm2002
It is very simple. Click on the 'Configurable' tab in CSM and you'll see lots of options. Changing driver will change the steering wheel. With mods you should use CSM's menus more than the in game ones. Choosing a track in the configurables section will load everything (drivers, helmets, perfs, liveries..) for that track for instance.

@stifflers mum - thanks alot :) (and its three, not one :p)

Have thought about adding greater functionality to it so players can have greater options to customize GP4?

There really is very little that can be added to improve customizability. Theres not much that CSM can't already do.

As I want to use other physics and other performance files how do I go about enabling this feature?

Just change the physics file (Data/Patch/*.g3p) and the Data/Performance text files.

Can the steering wheel and cockpit be changed to the K-Sor version in the future? (as an alternative)

Anything can be easily added. You just need to find where the files are and replace them.
We'll see about alternatives, but it adds a lot of extra work.

Can I still use tracks that I modify/add magic data to them etc by using Cmagic in the GP4 directory?

Yes. I have Cmagic stored away from GP4 and pointing to the GP4.exe. I extract md, edit it in notepad and patch the dats stored in the Tracks folder

I played around with TSM and found that my track menu's in GP4 are now all screwed up but they still play OK - I didn't read the instructions but I have since found your detailed TSM instructions and will follow them now

It would be interesting to see what screwed up means?

I have downloaded the 2006 mod and the CSM but have no idea how to implement it and make it work from that point.

It would be fantastic if someone could post a Step by Step guide in my terms (Simple).

Basically this is it:
1. Install GP4
2. Install nocd decrpted exe
3. Install GPxPatch
4. Install CSM
5. Update CSM
6. Install the mod - either double click on the .cuh file or go through the CSM menus
7. You might want to configure things a bit. Replace the .cfg and .sav files in the Data/Files folder, and make some changes ni the 'COnfigurables' tab in CSM

Some of the front running cars are running out of fuel on the last lap.

Editting physics causes varied fuel consumption, so its expected and should be fixed.
If anyone can test and give data about which tracks do this, and when the fuel runs out we can work on it.
You can fix it by editing the magic data's fuel consumption value

Heidfeld's BMW number 16 is on the right hand side of the nosecone when it should be in the centre

The BMW is just temporary until the real one arrives

how do i get the game working properly, with helmet changes, texture changes etc. at the minute it does not change!

Use the configurable tab in CSM to make changes.

i have noticed this mod contains 2005 grid cars
is this the same for everyone else or just me?

2006 will be in the next version

I have a question about TSM. When I click on load tracks, TSM loads in all the 2001 tracks that came with the game.

If you're using the mod then create the two profiles (2006a and 2006b) and the mod will use them automatically

i have tsm working in order but the values and stuff you get [circled in pic] are all 2001's do i have 2 manually update them or it does it automatically

You need to install 2006 tracks if you want to use 2006 tracks. Otherwise create a profile to use with the mod

i need help - trying to insert canada spec renault

The mod automatically uses any track specific stuff it finds. But the folder names should be tracks, not country. So make a Cars/Renault/Car/Montreal folder and anything in there will be used at Montreal. No ini editing needed.
To use it at other tracks then add 'cartrack4 =Montreal' and the Montreal files will be used at track 4 also.

i think my pc is too slow to handle it

Change the texture resolution to Low or Standard.
Also edit your settings, and replace or delete the .cfg and .sav files in data/files

this seems arrogant to me, locking the cars.
there are people like me who dont want to be forced to use tonys mods and csm to play with these cars. its pretty dumb if you are trying to police the gp4 scene, and getting the spoils for having the cars in your mod and not in others.
"exclusive to tony and gp4" seems so dumb cos i and others dont want to download your whole mod, as we have most of the cars and like to customise the game to our tastes, not to your tastes.

i think this would be acceptable if one person made a full 2006 mod, with every shape etc made by him, so he locks everything, but this is a mod using various peoples works, and i dont get why the car makers agreed to this.

id rather see a car not released at all then released in a situation like this.

It wasn't a case of car makers agreeing to it. Fongu and kizz both wanted their files locked, and its great Zaz managed to do it.
Don't forget that these works are made by real people. People that do it for free, give up uhndreds of hours of our free time just for a bit of fun. I think we are very lucky theres so many people willing to do this all for free, and then give us the work to enjoy. Theres no obligation for anyone to release anything so whatever we do get we shouldn't take for granted.
Kizz and Fongu were both not too keen on seeing there work show up in rfactor, f1c, or 'improved' versions in GP4 a few days after releasing it so for my part I'm happy to have helped them, and will be fully supporting Zaz in any future anti leeching things he has.
The amount of negativitiy and almost abuse in this thread is pretty shocking. Most of it comes from very few people, and people that haven't contributed a thing to the GP4 community. I hate saying 'if you don't like it do it yourself' but maybe you should try. Spend dozens of hours over a a few months to create a piece of art from scratch, just to have a bunh of cry babys hiding behind the anoniminity of the web give you hell for the blue being too dark, or the logo too small, or not releasing it on this site, or that format.
Most people don't contribute to the community with any files or work, and thats great. I don't think you need to release x amount of work before being welcome, but I'd like to see more appreciation for the people that do create these cars and things we like to use.

Thanks to everyone with positive comments and feedback. Just as the few leechers 'ruin' it for the majority, the few people here thinking they have the right to demand things from modders ruin it a bit for me.

Its great kizz has decided to release his Honda, and I just hope the inevitable leeching won't stop us from seeing his 2007 Honda. If Fongu decides to release his Super Aguri that would be great too. But maybe he will wait for a more universal lock from Zaz? Either way, Fongu, kizz, Zaz and any modder here has my full support.

Remeber that this mod is a beta, and more the lock used will probably not work in future. So any personal customising of the mod might not work with the final version of the mod, or future versions of CSM.

____
Tony

Date: August 18, 2006 10:25AM
Posted by: pradita.utama
finally it works !! thanks for the mod
Date: August 18, 2006 10:35AM
Posted by: tom_f1
good work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 10:48AM by tom_f1.
Date: August 18, 2006 10:55AM
Posted by: jpmfw
A bit harsh to have a go at Tony too!,this guy puts hours and hours into putting together something that everyone can use,but still vast amounts of people tell him it`s rubbish.It`s not Tony`s fault that people are not prepared to invest a lil time and effort into setting up CSM and TSM correctly, nor is it his fault that people try to use CSM without a clean install.There`s little wonder he`s feeling more than a bit p.....ed off!.No one makes anyone use CSM, but it is the way forward with gp4.Plus you`ve also got cars there that you would not yet have if it wasn`t for Tony`s efforts.I don`t care if you slate me for saying all this.Just have some patience,if it does not work first time, try asking at the help forum.We`re all in there,willing and able to help anyone with problems.Stick with it Tony,you know i`m with ya 110%

EDIT-nice use of the edit button there,strange how your post just changed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 11:02AM by jpmfw.
Date: August 18, 2006 11:10AM
Posted by: sunil
it's b'coz of me. i asked him infact forced him to change that msg
sadly he is my cousin who is just a kid(his age) u wouldn't believe even i say so.

@tony

for people who don't have internet connection how or where they can download the latest version.b'coz i download the latest CSM in the first page and went to my friend house and installed but as usual it says it needed latest one.

===================================================================================================================
i7 950@4GHZ 1.24V|Asus P6X58D-E|Dominators 10GB(2GBx5)1600C8|Corsair H70|Corsair 800D|Corsair HX850|EVGA,Zotac GTX 2x470|VX2433W FULL HD|X-Fi Plantinum|Creative S750 Gigaworks7.1|NZXT Sentry 2|7TB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 11:13AM by sunil.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy