GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: December 20, 2005 12:42PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Hmm, I'm sorry Patrick but :
- 3DEditor creates 33 sectors from the pit start flag and do not use pits end flag here.
- Concerning GP4, I dealt with user troubles that were due to the fact pits end flag was not 33 sectors away of pits start...

Date: December 20, 2005 04:11PM
Posted by: patrickc
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm, I'm sorry Patrick but :
> - 3DEditor creates 33 sectors from the pit start
> flag and do not use pits end flag here.

Yes, i know. But i mean a trackmaker can use it as an endpoint for the pitbox area. Just as a reference where the wider verges/banks should be.

> - Concerning GP4, I dealt with user troubles that
> were due to the fact pits end flag was not 33
> sectors away of pits start...
>

Weird, cause gp4 overwrites the position. I've tested it on multiple tracks, and it works fine.

Date: December 20, 2005 04:12PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Have you been messing around with the .exe again? ;)
Date: December 20, 2005 04:21PM
Posted by: patrickc
I've set some breakpoints in the .exe a few minutes ago to check it again. The pits-end position is overwritten before the value is used by gp4.

But it's just a flag, so it isn't that important ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2005 04:52PM by patrickc.
Date: December 20, 2005 05:08PM
I agree about pits end flag : it could anyhow be a reference for other things.
About the need for it, I don't know. If you made some tests already and double- checked the code, you can't be wrong :)

Date: December 20, 2005 09:52PM
Posted by: Tumke
Look i still have my problem with my pit, when i drive trough it my wheels go left righ left right etc. Is it because i made my trackwith from big to small ? I really wanna do my track at this way. Is there a good solution ? Or is it only possible to have one trackwith over the compleet pitlane?

Date: December 20, 2005 10:17PM
Send me the .dat and i'll have it back to you by tomorrow evening at the latest
Date: December 20, 2005 11:01PM
thanks! i sended to you email....

gr. Tom
Date: December 20, 2005 11:11PM
Posted by: Ruboy
That shoudn't be a problem. I also had this 'twiching' after changing the pitlane and recomputing cc-direction. After that I edited the pitlane for asecond time without computing cc-direction and it worked - i don't now why because it looks wrong in 3DEditor when the normals era showing to the left side but nevertheless it work for me.

@Lo2k: I had a try on the pitlane and I suppose (Zep also told me) that it seems not possible to create a fully working pitlane when it crosses the track from one side to the other.
Because of this I tried something else and I was surprised that it worked :) - but I musn't recompute cc-cars direction because the cars are twiching from the left to the right if I do so (I only may recompute track pitch and cc-cars pitch).

Here a pic:

Date: December 20, 2005 11:30PM
I don't understand, why would you want to have it like that anyway? You could tecnically have the pitlane sector 0 start there (if a little displaced further onto the track) and it would work fine...

@Tumke: Check your mail :)
Date: December 20, 2005 11:58PM
Hy i checked my mail. Thank you! But the track is not loading if i added the other flags to it...i send the edited file back, so maybe you can see what i did wrong

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2005 11:58PM by Tumke.
Date: December 21, 2005 12:04AM
Check your Speed Limiter Off flag :)
Date: December 21, 2005 12:08AM
@Ruboy: Hmm...Weird.

Date: December 21, 2005 12:13AM

hmmm 2 flags on sector 128 is that wrong ?? changed it but the problem is still there
Date: December 21, 2005 12:18AM
That's bizzare, I'll take a look tomorrow and hopefully find a fix
Date: December 21, 2005 01:43AM
Posted by: Ruboy
The problem is(I don't know why) that the pitlane is displayed just at sector 4 ingame altough the flags are set in a way that it should be displayed earlier. Before, the visible tarmac began at where now is sector 6, so that there was grass displayed instead of tarmac. I tried some things but it didn't work so I just streched the sectors 4 - 8 and moved them backwards so that the visible tarmac beginns where it should. To make the drive-in smoother I 'compressed' sectors 0 - 3.
I know it looks strange, but it's working fine:)

Date: December 23, 2005 10:53PM
Posted by: FaRao
Inspired by the gp3 forum, a track based on montreal (one part of a evening work!) Only problem is the corner at the end of the brige, it is to sharp, don't know how to get it right.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

If only i could become the survant off all...
Date: December 24, 2005 11:08AM
Hi Zeppelin101 did you already find a fix for the problem? A was i few days out of town so i couldn't react.. please let me know
Date: December 26, 2005 03:51PM
a question for Lo2k,

In several corners in my track the cpu is suddenly very high, i had this problem before and i thought it was gone..but now its back :(, i use 3deditor 16.4

When i import my track via zmodeler i have only a huge cpu in some corners, if i do import track from .dat the cpu is always high.

any idea?

gr. Tom
Date: December 26, 2005 04:00PM
?? No, I never saw this before or heard anyone having this either...weird

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy