GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: December 13, 2005 12:21PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Nope, you'll have the half texture in one face. I dont know if you can move the texture in the face, if you can, will be possible to map the first half at one polygon and the second half at another polygon.

At my track, I exported the bank to 3DS, remapped it and broke at various parts (to allows GP4 fade it when far). I got a very reallistic bank. Today I'll work at the verges.

Patrick, some news at my friend's track?
Date: December 13, 2005 01:25PM
Posted by: patrickc
Sorry, no news yet.

I'm working on a startinglight editor at the moment (today). When i'm ready with it i will continue with your friend's track.
Date: December 13, 2005 01:53PM
Thank you Patrick, have some specific place where we can follow your work?
Date: December 13, 2005 01:56PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@Auradrummer: Zeppelin is right too (at the condition that the second face share the vertice with 0.5 and have the next vertice to 1).

I believe that a drawing will be easier to understand.
It's obvious for me at it's the base of the 3D art but I understand that not everyone is used to these coordinates.

Date: December 13, 2005 02:29PM
@Lo2K: Ah ok, I think I understood you. But how somebody can do it with three squares,for example?
Date: December 13, 2005 03:12PM
Simple:
first vertice : 0
second : 0.33
third: 0.66
fourth: 1

Date: December 13, 2005 03:20PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Cheers, although I don't have time to sift through 1087 vertices and change everything to 0.5 to get the effect I'm after. What I tend to do is just remove a certain number of vertices to get a certain mapping effect. Actually it's what I've done for getting "close" track land, and my tree making method :)
Date: December 13, 2005 03:28PM
-->Lo2K: Now I understood 100% what you said. I didn't used this method, I remap at Lightwave. This is the reason I was a bit confused.
Date: December 13, 2005 03:41PM
Posted by: Palle
We've still got a problem of Norisring :-D Graphics arent working. I putted all graphics, but it didnt work. :-( Can someone help us?

Thanks in advance.
Date: December 13, 2005 04:46PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
graphics aren't working....?? post a screenshot & a description...to see whats wrong....
Date: December 13, 2005 05:05PM
@ lo2k..for the rest of us scratching our heads ...how about that drawing you said may help......thanks....
Date: December 13, 2005 06:34PM
Vertex mapping! Don't tell me you don't edit face vertices :P
Date: December 13, 2005 06:44PM
only vertices work i do is in scenery knitting & joining...moving deleting faces....placement etc....
Date: December 13, 2005 06:50PM
Well, the little box with 1's and 0's in it is your mapping box and I've been fiddling around with it for a while, but I never really knew how to edit it properly...
Date: December 14, 2005 01:42AM
For those who have still havn't understand anything ;) or simply for those who want to better catch what we are speaking about, I just made a quick tutorial to explain everything, taking a simple track advert example over several applications.

I hope it will help you more than it will confuse you :)

lets have a look at it here.

I'm sorry for any type mistake but I just ended it and it's 1:30 in the morning here, so I won't re-read it before tomorrow. See you later :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2005 01:46AM by Lo2k.
Date: December 14, 2005 08:48AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Thanks Laurent, that's very useful.

EDIT: Just read the tutorial - it's very good explained and everything is clear to me:)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2005 12:27PM by Ruboy.
Date: December 14, 2005 02:53PM
Posted by: Palle
Thank you Laurent! I think my problems maybe end to that :)
Date: December 14, 2005 03:20PM
Posted by: Prblanco
Is it possible to do something like this at the .col file? I mean a simple way, because I would need to subdivide faces countless times to get this result :(

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: December 14, 2005 03:31PM
@PrBlanco: well, no, there's no easy way to make this.

Oh, and I just fixed an error in the last example of my quick mapping guide when using 2 quads and negative values. Sorry, I was fooled myself :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2005 03:59PM by Lo2k.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy