Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: September 18, 2008 02:27AM
Posted by: Ruboy
Thanks...it worked with Gp4 Builder.

Date: September 18, 2008 04:06AM
Posted by: pimpones1
Ruboy, depending wich version you are using, you can only import or export objects when the DAT file is together with gp4 file..

that bug was fixed by lo2´k on version 1.164
Date: September 18, 2008 08:52AM
Posted by: Rot Teufel
Ruboy i see that you have made an update for Hockenheim (2001 layout) in hi -res.

I'm trying to do the same with mine hockenheim 1991 (new tarmac, grass, sand, new rails, wall, kerbs, new trees, new horizon) but some objects disappears (or it's impossible to seen).

In this case is better reduce the textures (from 1024x1024 to (512x512) or anothoer idea?

howewer i see finally the onboard lap on berger and mansell on youtube in high resolution, howewer i'm not sure where i have to put bremenskurve exactly (or exactly as soon as possible)...

My workthread with all RELEASED and WIP stuff

Date: September 18, 2008 12:53PM
Posted by: Ruboy
what does disappear mean? This problem should not be caused by texture size. If you reduce the texture size the textures will be not very sharp and rather blurry...but they will be displayed always.
Check your object properties as clipping distances, flags and materials. Maybe you can use some functions from the menu (fix green objects, etc.)

Date: September 19, 2008 06:32AM
ok here´s another question..
its about shadows..

the case is.. i select an object and gives it a shadow 2D(texture),the program auto generates a TGA file(ex. SHADOW_bridge_shadow.TGA),so i have to create a TEX with the same name(ex:SHADOW_bridge_shadow.TEX). When downsampling, i have to select DXT1 or DXT5 and transparency FULL(only available on DXT5)or semi ( available in both cases).

Im asking ´cos i tried everything and no success in game.. it never appears.

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2008 04:05PM by pimpones1.
Date: September 19, 2008 07:06AM
Posted by: TTM
About shadows objects..
Invert faces creation and then compute normals.
Date: September 27, 2008 01:48AM
ok heres another one

How and where i change something to create that sound like tunnel ( like monaco)?
Date: September 27, 2008 05:45PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Laurent, could you tell more about the new banking method? The new texture browser is a very nice enhancement of GP4Builder. :)

One more question, is it possible to select multiple faces? If so, you also can move them with a falloff value for creating nice height changes to land around the track?

Thanks in advance.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: September 27, 2008 07:43PM
Posted by: Lo2k
@pimpones : this can be edited in YourGp4folder\samples\Reverbdata\rever_trackname.bin .Matter is that you need an hexadecimal program to edit it.

@Turbo_lover : I'm glad to see that at least 1 people is coming on my site from times to times :P
New banking is no more banking the whole track around track center axis but using the lower edge as axis. Said another way, lowest edge of the track keep the same altitude than without banking while the track tarmac is raised following banking value.
It's easier to see than to describe :) In one word : It's the perfect solution for oval tracks.

Yep, falloff could be a possibility but meshes created with fence builder have too less faces to be edited this way (without subdivision). But I still havn't found any good solution for land creation so far...

Date: September 28, 2008 10:22PM
well, time ago bfore i learn about z modeler, the way i used to build land was something like that

1 create fences all over the track on both sides ( width offsset around -5 and Z offset = 0)

2 link them all

3 subdivide faces, and moving vertex to the way i want, after all i apply world mapping and change scales in parts.

i know its not the best solution, but you can try it while you dont learn to build it on Z modeler.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 10:26PM by pimpones1.
Date: October 01, 2008 09:02AM
Posted by: super__alonso
When I convert Google Sketchup buildings into gp4builder, the UV mapping doe not work. Is there any way to put a whole texture onto a part without one texture per face??
Date: October 01, 2008 09:37AM
Posted by: airefresco
How do you convert google sketcup to GP4?
Date: October 01, 2008 05:51PM
airefresco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do you convert google sketcup to GP4?

i was about to ask the same thing....
Date: October 01, 2008 06:40PM
Posted by: msater
Export as a Collada file, import into Blender, export as 3ds, import into GP4Builder. That's the way I do it.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: October 01, 2008 08:14PM
Posted by: airefresco
I´ll give that a go, thanks.
Date: October 02, 2008 07:05AM
Posted by: gildoorf
Hi.

Anyway, google sketchup objects are made by way too many polies sometimes... I´ve noticed that for building on singapore and valencia...

So I´m not sure if it´s the best way to simply import on gp4builder as 3ds, with no previous poly decreasing. This can be done with 3dsmax or trying to rebuild whole object. I do prefer the second choice.

Surely some sketchup objects are really correct and scaled properly, but they were not created for gaming engines as GP4.

GP4 has a very complete and handy tool as GP4Builder, so why don´t give it a chance by creating tracks from scratch? PO and fun thanks...

Best regards you all. Remember you can always do your best.

Date: October 02, 2008 07:54AM
Posted by: b-tone
I agree, scratch built is best, and most rewarding :)

____
Tony

Date: October 02, 2008 09:55AM
Posted by: super__alonso
Yeah but I'm hopeless. I can make the buildings, but never the textures.
Date: October 02, 2008 09:54PM
Lo2k´s we are just curious on singapura wip topic..

we are trying to find if theres any other way to create DAT..

I mean. only gp4b does that?
trackbuilder has something like EXPAND to dat but we dont know a lot about this prg.

that´s it.

thanks
Date: October 03, 2008 01:00AM
Posted by: Lo2k
As far as I know, there are no other program but GP4Builder that can fully read and save GP4 .dat files. A long time ago, Paul Hoad made a first GP4 Track Editor with basic support for GP4 .dat but that's all.

Track Builder ? You mean Bob's Track Builder ?
I don't know what that expand to .dat do but I'm pretty sure .dat in question is not designed for GP4 .dat.

Anyway, I just gave a sight on 3DSimEd page (I didn't know that app so far) and you can read there that .dat read by this app are packed files (a bit like .wad files are for .gp4). So maybe Bob's expand feature has been designed to unpack those .dat files but anyway, it has nothing to do with our GP4 .dat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy