GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: December 05, 2005 12:36PM
Posted by: b-tone
no i mean the actual grid placements.
like the fastest qualifier gets p1, etc.
i wonder if its easy to reverse or randomise that.

____
Tony

Date: December 05, 2005 12:42PM
Posted by: Auradrummer
Jumping qualifying session will randomize the CCcars, but you'll be placed at last hummmm.... really, I dont know.
Date: December 07, 2005 11:02AM
Hey everybody!

A friend sent me this dat, of a real Brazilian track. But when I place the CCline, the track stop to load. Someone have any idea? This track works fine without CCLine.

Any help will be appreciated, because I don't know anything else to do.

[files.filefront.com]
Date: December 07, 2005 03:50PM
Posted by: Paco
which version of 3deditor are you using? make sure you use one of the latest where the cc-line display is correct (15.8 +)

I'm against sigpics
Date: December 07, 2005 05:44PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Make new .bin files first
Date: December 08, 2005 11:30AM
--> Paco: I'm using the 16.4, the CClines seems to be correctly displayed.

--> Zeppelin101: You succeeded make it run?
Date: December 08, 2005 01:18PM
Posted by: patrickc
There is a known issue in 3dEd 16.4 on ccline. Sometimes the sector angle is slightly different compared to ingame gp4. This gives us (in special cases) wrong display results in the editor and gp4 ofcourse. It is already fixed and i think it will be implemented in the next 3dEd version.

@Auradrummer: I shall have a look at your .dat.

@B-tone and other oval developers: i haven't found a solution for the jump starting problem yet.
Date: December 08, 2005 01:26PM
thanks Patrick.
i imagine the jump starting is due to the grip on the bank, so having the start grid on a no or low banked area should fix it.

@Auradrummer - i havent looked at your file, but i sometimes get freezes at hairpins - i think its a known bug with hairpins ?
but if its not loading thats different i guess.

____
Tony

Date: December 08, 2005 02:33PM
@Auradrummer: i did some debugging using your .dat file and the ingame ccline output seems exactly the same as 3dEd output. I have found the place where gp4 keeps looping some code. So the reason why the game freezes is because it is running an endless loop. I don't know how it is related to ccline yet.
Date: December 08, 2005 02:57PM
Without CC line worked
Date: December 08, 2005 03:59PM
I have found a relation with ccline data. But the values that are being used are the same as 3dEd ones. So my first guess is that there is some sort of limitation on who knows what. I will do some more research tomorrow.
Date: December 09, 2005 10:26AM
In my working track I have the two first CCline sections with one sector long each. This one I got only the first. Could be it? Or there is a limit to amount of sections?

Really, a new problem!
Date: December 09, 2005 12:03PM
just thinking out loud, is there any chance we can edit grid placemnets more?
i know now theres a chance to choose which side, but what about something like in this shot:
[forum.rscnet.org]

or even, say, putting 1 & 2 closer together and towards the left, and same for 3 & 4 but towards the right, and also bringing 3 & 4 forward so you'd have 4 across the front row?

so basically, can we edit each slot individually?
could have something like: [www.powow.com]

:)

____
Tony

Date: December 09, 2005 01:35PM
@b-tone: i think it is possible to implement such a feature in gpxpatch for example. I don't know how gp4 handles grid placement. I do know that sector param CCDir2 (and CCPitch2) influence the way the cc-cars pointing on the grid. But it also influences driving behaviour of cars, so it is not an ideal solution.

Date: December 09, 2005 02:03PM
Patrickc:

First of all, excuse for my ignorance. I'm noticing that you are answering very deep questions about GP4, using debuggers, and trying to solve some software problems. You are a tool maker? I not remember to see one GP4 tool with your name, you are new at the forum?
Date: December 09, 2005 02:55PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
'Sir' Geoff in disguise? ;)

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: December 09, 2005 05:27PM
You could say i am pretty new at this forum (and gp4 programming). I started to edit tracks halfway this year. After a short time i got interested in ccline and did some debugging/programming for it. With good results i can say :)

[www.grandprixgames.org]

Since then i did some debugging on sector commands, track banking and some other (unfinished) things. I didn't do much gp4 programming lately, but because your .dat problem is ccline related it made me curious.

Btw, my name is in the credits section of 3dEd ;)
Date: December 09, 2005 06:12PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Auradrummer who ?
Never heard about him on gpgames.
Is he coming often ?
;) ;)

Date: December 09, 2005 07:59PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
Strange problem with adding fences to my track, they are upside down, i've filled in the right boxes, so that can't be the problem. Is there any solution for this?

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: December 09, 2005 08:06PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
What the textures are upside down?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy