GP4 Track Editing - new new thread

Posted by markko 
Re: GP4 Track Editing - new new thread
Date: April 28, 2012 09:50AM
Posted by: ramf1v
Cool, that was quick ;-)

Just checking...that's sub-folders "NOT" in the track folder, I mean can a custom path be set to avoid huge wad size when testing ?

F1Dev
Date: April 28, 2012 10:38AM
Posted by: Lo2k
And refreshing texture (F5) also automatically finds all textures even if some were displaced from one folder to another.

These are definitely sub-folders INSIDE track folder.
I will look at how I can provide custom path for other folder...

PS : Done.
You can now choose a custom path in options and GP4Builder will always look into that folder (and sub-folders) for textures.
Set this custom path empty and it will look to .gp4 folder again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 11:26AM by Lo2k.
Date: April 28, 2012 11:45AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
Any chance of having it load .tex files?
Date: April 28, 2012 11:51AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Nope. I have no hand on tex to tga conversion and it takes years to convert actualy (and needs an additional file).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 11:53AM by Lo2k.
Date: April 28, 2012 04:04PM
Posted by: auscain
Lo2k: That Was fast! Thank you for your efforts and for continuing to help. I really appreciate it. Without your work, I wouldn't be able to do anything.
Date: April 28, 2012 04:31PM
Posted by: ramf1v
Lo2k
And refreshing texture (F5) also automatically finds all textures even if some were displaced from one folder to another.

These are definitely sub-folders INSIDE track folder.
I will look at how I can provide custom path for other folder...

PS : Done.
You can now choose a custom path in options and GP4Builder will always look into that folder (and sub-folders) for textures.
Set this custom path empty and it will look to .gp4 folder again.

Awesome, I hope the community benefit from this feature, and it's not just me hassling you ;-)
Thanks again (Y)

mclarenaustralia
Any chance of having it load .tex files?

There's some discussion here with ZaZ about shell conversion of .tex files, and .tex thumbnail view in explorer, he does mention the project is on "Hold" at the moment tho :(
Although, if enough people show interest.............. ;-)
Maybe add some suggestions there ?

[www.grandprixx.com]

F1Dev
Date: June 06, 2012 10:42AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
hello guys,

i have a question:
my problem is when i built a track of a trackmap my tracks are too long or too short. is there a tip how to scaled the trackmap of the right track lenght?
Date: June 06, 2012 01:31PM
Posted by: Atticus.
Basically, you need a scale like the one on Google Maps. (That's why it is that popular as a solution.)

Other than that, I think if you have info on the track width, but not on the scale, you can still trial & error your way to an optimal scale. You will reach it when the actual track width is exactly the same as the GP4 Builder track width at that point of the track.

I am a beginner in track making though, and I'm also interested in the question, so if anyone has a more sophisticated solution, I'd also welcome it.
Date: June 06, 2012 03:25PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hello! One question:

Its files in the folder: TRACKS -> PLUS -> 1994 -> Team 11 automatically go on the track as the team selected the CSM?

Use this to choose manual:
[AddDirectoriesToWad1]
TargetFile=barcelona1994.wad
Directory1=..\..\PLUS\1994\Lotus,maps\barcelona2001

Would be automatic, according to the chosen team?

Grateful ;-)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: June 06, 2012 07:20PM
kimi-the-champ:
In Google Earth go to tools / ruler / Line. Make a line that is 200 metres from the start finish line, the beginning of your track, Click Save and save the image to your paint program. Now you have a fairly accurate measurement that will equal the first 41 sectors in length. The number that I was looking for in the math below was 2620 meters. As you can see I used a percentage of 0.9765 to change the size of my image to 905.406 X 424.035 and used these numbers when creating the horizontal object in the builder. A couple of things to remember: you will lose the last sector potentially 16 feet and also the measurement the builder will give you is not the measurement of the cc-line potential the shortest distance around the circuit. Also for some reason the measurement for the track length the builder gives you is not 100 percent accurate although the math and the scaling and objects you build are.
7422 X 3476
927.1960004 X 434.2405413
552 X 16 8832 2691.9936
Feet Feet Meters
0.9765 13.8326
905.4068944 X 424.0358886
539.028 X 16 8624.448 2628.73175
Feet Meters

41 X 16 656 199.9488
Sectors Feet Pr Feet Meters

Also check this link: fficial%26channel%3Dfflb%26biw%3D1318%26bih%3D824%26prmd%3Dimvns" rel="nofollow" >Inserting image from Google Eath Click on the translating... button

cleberpister: dunno
Date: June 06, 2012 09:45PM
Posted by: Prblanco
@auscain: No need to use Google Translator on the link as nearly all of f1virtual's posts are bilingual :) just go to this: [f1virtual.blogspot.com.br]

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 06, 2012 10:03PM
Hi Prblanco, Thank you for the new link;-)
Date: June 12, 2012 02:09AM
Posted by: truecrysis
Hi, i'm having an issue that i posted something similar too recently and that's track sector not being visible.

I have made a track which expands from about 7m in elevation to 170m, the problem i'm having is in the higher parts of the circuit. 2 things happen at the points where the elevation is above about 155-165m:

1. If i'm driving onboard the track appears perfectly fine, however all other cars disappear once i go above 155/165m and then reappear once i come back below that height.
2. If i look at an ai controlled car, all other cars appear normally, except the track disappears completely once i hit 155/165m and then reappears once i come back below the height. There is also occasionally a case of the car losing control when it reappears (but i cant confirm this!). If i look carefully, the track (well the barriers) look to be far above where the cars are driving, almost as though once the track hits a certain height, the cars shift to really far below the track.

Any help on this at all? If you are unsure of what i mean i can record the problem and show it on video.
I would just reduce the height difference and have less elevation, but unfortunately the track is a real track, so i cant :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
Date: June 12, 2012 03:35AM
truecrysis: I noticed something similar happening in a track that I built about this time last year. In my case it was 80+meters of elevation to deal with. I'm not sure that the game or the builder considered we would be so outrageous with track building;)

I did solve the problem in my situation. When was done building the layout. I lowered the whole track .dat 40 metres of elevation (-40 Z). Then built the track surface, walls, banking and so on. I did initially put the start-finish line at 0m elevation.
After testing more in game the problem no longer persisted. I cannot guarantee the same situation in your case with 160 metres of elevation. Just work with the idea and see what you come up with.

I hope you intend sharing your hill climb circuit;-)
Date: June 12, 2012 01:16PM
Thanks i considering doing something like this as im not sure that there is a solution, is there any way of lowering the whole track in one go? Or do i have to do it sector by sector?

Date: June 12, 2012 01:36PM
Posted by: Turbo Lover
When you have your dat file opened in GP4 Builder tick the "Z"-box at Axis; now you can move your track up and down with your mouse.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Date: June 12, 2012 02:55PM
Problem solved, thanks all :)

Don't worry auscain i hope to release it when it's a bit more done, and when i do i'm sure you will recognise it ;-)

Date: June 22, 2012 07:53PM
Yet another question on the same track, although this one isn't actually halting my progress in any way. Is there any technical difference between verges and banks? I tend to simply use them as an easy way of allocating difference surfaces, ie using banks for gravel and verges for grass, is there a negative effect to this? I know you can allocate each different bank as a different surface/texture, but i find it much easier to do it the way i do it. Any reasons as to why i shouldn't do this would be great before i give myself too much work to convert it all back ;-)

Date: June 24, 2012 07:41PM
truecrysis: Your method is just fine:-)
Date: July 13, 2012 03:15PM
Posted by: klausfeldmann
Hey,
I really would like to know how to convert TOCA RD3-tracks to .GP4. Tried 3DsimED 2.6 so far, but it doesn't work :-(. I'm sure there has been a toturial for that - I think by JimBob - but it's not online anymore. Can someone help me, please.
Thanks a lot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy