*****GP4 Track editing*****

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: *****GP4 Track editing*****
Date: January 13, 2005 09:47PM
Posted by: Xero
But theres no way to create/import objects whilst viewing the .dat. I can think of a quick workaround, so it should be ok. Thanks!
Date: January 13, 2005 10:05PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
WOW this stuff is really coming on!!!

*Prays for ingame screenshots... ;-)*

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: January 14, 2005 04:32PM
Posted by: kimirgj
Xero. i have an onboard lap of nurburgring. just thought i would say as it might help u with editing the track layout, etc
Date: January 14, 2005 08:47PM
Posted by: Xero
Thanks kimirgj, but I have plenty of media to work from. My main objective is to test 3d editor at the moment, rather than build an accurate track update... that will come later when the editor has been a little more developed.
Date: January 18, 2005 02:59PM
Posted by: harjinator
I think we'd all juts be happy with any track, working, ingame, as long as it differs from the default ones.

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: January 21, 2005 05:31PM
Posted by: kimirgj
any news on the track editing guys? :)
Date: January 21, 2005 05:44PM
Posted by: Button14
ifs theres news u will know

Date: January 21, 2005 10:41PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, some news as I'am working since some days (and mostly yesterday and today) on new 3DEditor features and wished to share new shots with you.

New in progress version will bring many new features and amongst them pitlane .bin creation from .dat file, new .dat knowledge and many improvements in every area (from mouse handling to 3d optimisations).

You can see below new .dat advances, featuring tarmac, verge, bank and...kerbs diplay ! You will also notice the new quad drawing instead of triangle one of past versions.

New version is on rails but I don't know when I will release it yet.

Past version (11.3)

New beta version (temporary named 11.4)

Date: January 21, 2005 10:59PM
Posted by: vesuvius
WOW Amazing job Lo2k ,once again you suprised me .
Date: January 21, 2005 11:01PM
Posted by: six degrees
fantastic, Laurent :)
Date: January 21, 2005 11:10PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Brilliant work! Rectangles are so much easier to handle then triangles. The 3dE is getting more and more complete, it would be so great to have new tracks for everyone!

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: January 21, 2005 11:40PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
Lo2k, what i was just brainstorming in the train some days ago, for ccline stuff, would it not be an idea to look at gp1 of gp2 tracks, as the ccline was allready in those games, and lost of stuff wich is in gp4, is not in them, so you can look more "aimed" to what the problem is/can be. Or is this not an option at all?

Date: January 21, 2005 11:57PM
Posted by: WaZz
I can smell the new turkish tarmac :)

Hopefully for 2005 ;)

Date: January 22, 2005 02:09AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Yeah, rectangles are definitely nicer. Still haven't even got round to looking at 11.3 yet...

[Website]
Date: January 22, 2005 11:12AM
Thanks everyone :)

@Maverick: You have to know that since the beginning or almost, I got every GP3 .dat informations I could find on the net (from Sdi, TE's forum and many little sites) and I contacted Addie Walti that was the great GP3 Track maker many of us might remind and he offered me all the help he could.
So 3DEditor already uses most of the knowledge gathered with GP3 and all we learnt from GP4.
But on one point you're right, because I wonder how GP3 track maker were dealing with cc speed and this question has not been solved yet for GP4.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2005 11:13AM by Lo2k.
Date: January 22, 2005 01:05PM
Posted by: matt
does anyone know where the data for main starting lights is.
when changing circuits to 04 order,the tracks which have been moved do not show the illuminated lights at all.

Date: January 22, 2005 03:43PM
Posted by: erwin_78
@ Laurent when i load a gp4 track and the dat-file is in the same dir i see both graphical and physical views. After i hide the physical view i try to duplicate a object the physical view shows again although it is disabled at the options.
Turning it on and off don't help, maybe a bug in redrawing the scenery?

11.4 looks easier to understand
Date: January 22, 2005 04:07PM
@matt: Starting light are a single texture but I can't remind if it is in the MAPS folder or in each track wad...

@Erwin: hmm, I will check that...
I don't know if it will be easier, there's always the same amount of data behind anyhow :)

Date: January 23, 2005 11:11AM
@Erwin: it's fixed ;)

Date: January 23, 2005 11:53PM
Posted by: erwin_78
new bug: rotating arround the object also don't work properly in 11.3 Don't know why or what you did, but it's not good. In v11.0 it works fine...

Also now it sometimes happen that if i import an object it doesn't show or not show properly. Don't understand why, because when i open the single object as a single file it ok, but when i import to the track i can't see.
I once tried saving the track and opening it was alright again i could see it, but not after importing...
It's a strange bug i never seen it before...
[edit]
can this occur when i exchange files between v11.0 <-> v11.3?
[/edit]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2005 08:46AM by erwin_78.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy