*****GP4 Track editing*****

Posted by Eugenio Faria 
Re: *****GP4 Track editing*****
Date: January 24, 2005 11:26AM
Posted by: Lo2k
Yep, I also heard and saw for the rotation bug but I havn't fixed it yet...

hmm, I hadn't change object import/export code, maybe scene is not refreshed properly (has for the remaining .dat display). I will try if I can reproduce this problem.
Anyhow, there's no change in the .gp4 file format between v11 and v11.3, I think it's just due to the fact scene is not refreshed correctly. just save, close and re-open 3DEditor to fix this until I release new version (should come soon apart if you find new bugs every days ;)).

Date: January 24, 2005 04:24PM
The rotation bug is now fixed as is the "add" button for cc-line and cameras, all of them were of course my fault :)

I tried to export /import an object and didn't get any invisible object, the only subtility I could see is that exporting and then importing an object from the same track, both original and imported objects are confound.
Anyhow, displacing new object immediately make it apparent...

Date: January 24, 2005 06:40PM
Posted by: Xero
Your progress shots look fantastic.

Sorry I havn't been posting much this last week. After my HDD crash, my local telephone exchange decided it would be a funny idea to disconnect my ADSL service... came back on an hour ago. I just hope it lasts!

I've been playing around with the lastest version, but i've decided to work from the .gp4 first, rather than the .dat. Something went horribly wrong though somewhere, so i'm going to restart what I done.

I also have a feature request :P ...

When you delete a number of track sectors in the .dat with the intent on rebuilding that section of the circuit, it stretches one track sector over the "gap". When adding a new sector here it creates it half the size of the gap. Would it be possible for you to change this to maintain a regular sector size? Perhaps copying the size from the previous sector would be sufficient?

I also think it would be very useful if you could hide the section ahead of the one you are working on. ie. the stretched one covering the gap. When making heavy modifications, the stretched section can sometimes get in the way and distract you. I'll make some pictures later to show you what I mean.
Date: January 24, 2005 11:45PM
Posted by: Berger_Fan
Also, it seems that we cannot add a new camera in the Physics/cameras option, we can only delete. The Add appears to do nothing.

F1archives * Facebook * YouTube
Date: January 25, 2005 12:00PM
@Xero: Well, I can create new track sector at one unit distance of past one, instead of at half distance between current and next sector, it's just a matter of taste. I would just like to know if other users would also agree to change this feature ?
Hmm, I don't really get the point with next section distracting you, so a little shot would be welcome.

@Berger_Fan: Hmm, you should read my latest post...thanks anyhow.

Anyhow, I heavily worked on 3DEditor latest days and bring another new feature that I think will please many of you :

Yep, that's not a fake :) You will really be able to import .3ds object directly in 3DEditor without needing to deal with Z-Modeler.
I still have to deal with smoothing groups and for now, only one object can be imported (but you can merge several objects in one in 3d studio).
Anyhow, that's a first working step and more and more properties, and obviously export will be added in next days.

So stay tune, new version is coming :)

Date: January 25, 2005 12:12PM
Posted by: Alesi_fan
3ds import/export. Thats great news :)

U/
Date: January 25, 2005 01:21PM
Posted by: erwin_78
ZM will (still) do fine for me...how about import multiple objects?
Date: January 25, 2005 02:07PM
Posted by: six degrees
^^ what erwin said..

great strides of progress anyway laurent, nice to see :)
Date: January 25, 2005 02:56PM
Hmm do you speak about this ? ;)

oupss...still a little mistake with names...I will fix that :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2005 02:57PM by Lo2k.
Date: January 25, 2005 03:08PM
Posted by: _Erix_
Wow... A 3ds import (and maybe export) function and all the other new features sound very promising! Keep it up Laurent :)

[1991] [2003] [2004] [gp2 world series]
Date: January 25, 2005 03:14PM
Posted by: <Maverick>
..blank..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2005 03:49PM by <Maverick>.
Date: January 25, 2005 03:41PM
Posted by: six degrees
Lo2k Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm do you speak about this ?
>

something like it :D

Date: January 25, 2005 04:57PM
Great progress!

Hmm, I don't really get the point with next section distracting you, so a little shot would be welcome.

This is the first turn at the nurburgring. See how rebuilding it requires me to cut backwards, and how the stretched sector slightly distracts. Thats not the best screenshot, as sometimes it can cover over the sector you're working on. What I meant is that if you could not draw the next sector to which you're working on, then it would give the illusion of empty space there, allowing you to keep adding sectors until you complete the circuit. Of course, this would be a feature that would be turned on/off, perhaps in the current sectors floating window?
Date: January 25, 2005 05:44PM
@Xero: Hmm...I see. A trick for now could be to create a new sector temporary after your current sector and displace it in the line of your current track portion. This way banks won't cover your working sector...
I will see what I can do.

Date: January 25, 2005 05:54PM
Yes, thats another solution. I'm not sure what your algorithm for drawing sectors is like, but is it possible to hide individual sectors? If it's possible then I think it would benefit the users.

Anyone else have any comments? I'd also like to know what others think about creating new sectors at 1 unit of length rather than half way between?
Date: January 25, 2005 05:57PM
Posted by: Duffer
For Imola 1994, i made the solution of Lo2K. It is very easy ;) And, you have an advantage now, you can add some sectors ;)

Your problem it isn't a problem (for me) :)

--------------------------------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2005 05:57PM by Duffer.
Date: January 25, 2005 06:55PM
Posted by: kimirgj
really good progress guys.

xero, nurburgring looks good. how is the 1994 imola going duffer??? :)
Date: January 25, 2005 07:33PM
Posted by: erwin_78
Lo2k Wrote:
> Hmm do you speak about this ?
>
No, i mean i working one ;)

Date: January 25, 2005 08:20PM
Posted by: Duffer
kimirgj a écrit:
> how is the 1994 imola going duffer???

It progress :) I have rebuild some part of the dat file

Screenshot N°1 <-- Aque Minerale

Screenshot N°2 <-- Work on the dat file

--------------------------------------------

Date: January 25, 2005 08:23PM
Posted by: kimirgj
wow! that looks really good, how is the cc-line coming along
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy