GP4 HOTLAP COMP SILVERSTONE

Posted by Pooky 
Re: GP4 HOTLAP COMP SILVERSTONE
Date: July 20, 2003 04:18AM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
even you use Neil Pearson on the game and Korn Freak on this forum.....

He says nickname "In the competition", not nickname in the forum, hence he's changed his name in the competition.

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Date: July 20, 2003 04:50AM
Posted by: GianF1OnBoard
i spent a week hotlapping with hours and hours of play.....i know i should have read the rules but that things just didn't come in my mind.....and next week i'll be very often away so the time to hotlap again will be very few.....
maybe i will skip this track and think about the next...
Date: July 20, 2003 07:54AM
Posted by: checha
because i have so far done my fastest lap with schumacher -not powerhorse
......................................................................................................................

sooo that mean i have to change the name of the driver and put my nick??

Date: July 20, 2003 01:39PM
Posted by: fcarmoracing
yeah... or your real name.... but I´m not sure yet.... Korn hasn´t complain about that to me!!!! my name in the competition is fcarmoracing, but I use Fabio do Carmo in the game.... and it looks fine so far!!!!

Now you CAN sponsor me, click picture and know how
Date: July 20, 2003 07:26PM
Posted by: checha
too many little things... that is not fair with gian.. just for a nick... i understand if some one used different performance or something like that.. but for a nick.. is not fair.. that can happen to even powerhorse did with schumacher name...

every time i send a lap to neil i put my nick and my time.. so what is the deal?? if everybody do that, there is not a problem

Post Edited (07-21-03 02:31)

Date: July 20, 2003 07:39PM
Posted by: Korn_Freak

i gave EVERYONE PLENTY OF WARNING. the rules were posted in this forum (not this thread) and everyone who commernted on them gave them the OK.

I personally dont think i should back down and accept those laps, but i am going to because i want everyone to not get discouraged and not compete anymore.

BUT

from HOCKENHEIM onward your lap WILL be Disqualified if your name is not the same as your Name in the competition.

and incase you are wondering.

the webpage HASNT been updated with times because of this reason

I have 4 hotlaps.

not enough to do it.

Date: July 20, 2003 07:47PM

and one more thing whilest i remember, can everyone please get used to using there desired nickname in GP4 for this competition. just so when hockenheim comes along none of this SHOULD happen again.

thanks.

Date: July 21, 2003 01:59AM
Posted by: Pooky
ok. cheers.

this is the first i have heard of this change so where ever you posted it before, was not in a good enough position etc.

from hockenhiem (or here if i improve my time)

i will use POWERHORSE driving for Ferrari-Bujakowsky

Date: July 21, 2003 07:51AM
Just to prove a point... look for the bold

Re: GP4 FORUM HOTLAP COMP: MAGNY COURS
Author: Korn_Freak
Date: 07-07-03 18:11

Hey Guys. tell me what you think of these rules. Thanks to the guys who are doing the GP3 hotlap comp for letting me use there rules as a base

1. Competition
1. The competition, is a regular simulated racing challenge, that uses the Grand Prix 4 racing simulator, released by Microprose/Infograms in 2002. The competition is an offline one - drivers save and submit their best hotlaps, which are classified according the current rules.
3. The competition is judged by:
Neil Pearson (korn_Freak)
4. All competitors should obey current rules. Competitors, who break the rules will get punished according the rules.
5. Official files needed for participiating in the competition:
Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix 4 Version 1.02 (9.6).
GPxPatch + Internet Play
HOFxLAP (not actually needed, but recomended if you want to view other peoples laps in a .txt format)
All files downloadable from www.grandprixgames.org downloadsection from GP4.
6. Everything required for taking part in the competition documents and files are published at this site

2. Competitors
1. The competition is opened for any person and doesn`t have any international or other borders.
2. To take part in Grand Prix 4 Hotlap Competition competitors should:
read current rules
send in your hotlap ofcourse
4. Every result
3. Grand Prix 4 settings requirements

1. The series is run with the original version of Grand Prix 4, changed with patch 9.6, released by infograms/MicroProse in November 2002.
2. It's not allowed to change the following values:
Power of car: less or equal 855 bhp.
Weight of car without fuel: greater or equal 605 kgs.
All values of damage of car have to be default. Checksums, shown by HofXLap, should be the following:

Not sure on these, as i dont know original's for gp4 anyone help me??

init - 5aac4915h
car - 0eed046ch
damage - 7bf85bddh

It is not allowed to use Indestructable mode, turned on by the F4 button.
There are no limitations for values of Max Lock and Reduce with Car Speed.
3. It is mandatory to use GpXLap version 1.01, 1.03, 1.20, 1.21, 1.22, 1.30 or 1.31 of GpXPatch.
4. It is not allowed to change tracks, except graphical changes. Checksum of each track should be original.
5. Slow-motion driving is forbidden. Average value of Processor Occupancy, shown by pressing key "O", has to be less or equal 130%.
6. It is not allowed to change values, that can be changed in the future by new editors: influence on physic of the game and lowering the time of the lap in any way, or preventing normal checking of results.
4. Racing Hotlap
1. The driver is allowed to spend as much time for individual training as he/she needs.
2. The driver is free to use any setup.
3. Each Driver has to have the same "name" IN GAME and also as the nickname for wich they wish to be known as in this competition.
4. The average value of Processor Occupancy in hotlap should be less or equal 130%.
5. It is not allowed to cut distance by cutting corners. The driver should have 2 wheels on the track or vertically over the track at alltime. The track is asphalt, white lines and kerbs. This rule is applyed only to inside corners, when distance was cut, and for chicanes. Besides it is not allowed to touch walls for increased braking. Please refrain from sending in laps that you're not sure about yourself.
6. It is allowed to use any Driving Aids, except F4 Indestructable mode.
7. Hotlap should be saved with Performance Data.

5. Scoring System
1. The scoring system will be as follows.
1st 30 Points
2nd 28 Points
3rd 26 Points
4th 24 Points
5th 22 Points
6th 20 Points
7th 18 Points
8th 16 Points
9th 14 Points
10th 12 Points
11th 10 Points
12th 8 Points
13th 6 Points
14th 4 Points
15th 2 Points
16th 1 Point
2. Using any number of Driving Aid recieves 2 points removal from Final positioning.

6. HotLap Checking
1. All competitors laps are checked by our jury. The jury checks:
Grand Prix 4 version - should be "1.0 or 1.02"
File type - should be "hotlap"
Session type - should be "Practise"
Power of car - should be <= 855 bhp
Weight of car - should be >= 605 kgs
F4 Indestructable Help - should be off
GpXLap version - should be "1.01, 1.03, 1.20, 1.21, 1.22, 1.30 or 1.31"
Init, car and damage checksums
Track`s checksum
String "Session started normally" or "Session loaded from a GPxLap extended game" should exist
Driver`s name at hotlap should match with registration name
2. The jury will visually check all hotlaps and will take a decision whether the hotlap is legal for the current rules. Reason of rejecting the lap is published on the site.
7. Punishments for breaking rules
1. For breaking rules competitors are punished in the following ways:
hotlap is rejected after visual checking by jury - You'll get an explanation by email and your lap is not valid
your checksums are not right - You'll get a warning by email, your hotlap is not valid, 3 warnings is exit !
2. In case of repeated or dirty breaking (like using editors to change physics of the game) the jury can ban a driver from the competition.
3. Anyone who messes around in anyway on purpose is banned. This game should be fun! Discussions are okay, messing around definately not!

8. Rules Changes
1. Rules can be changed by the jury.
2. Changes of Rules are becoming legal at the start of the NEXT round of competition. The jury will publish any changes in the rules on the news site.
9. Problems
If you have any problems with these rules, or would like to discuss something with me, please email me at pearson_neil@hotmail.com

Date: July 21, 2003 11:01AM
where does it say about the new rule that if steering wheel users are also using steering help they incur a 0.5 second time penalty?

ps: thats from this track (silverstone)

Date: July 21, 2003 07:03PM
Posted by: Paco
My laptime: 1:19.4xx

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 21, 2003 08:01PM

we hadnt decided on that when I posted those rules on the forum. i posted those rules on the 7th of july to see what you guys thought.

Date: July 22, 2003 02:51AM
Posted by: villej
I finally post my laptime: 1.17.934. I drove it few days ago.

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: July 22, 2003 03:47AM
omg!!!!!

i have done a 1:17.938!!!!

time to go faster then!

Date: July 22, 2003 04:42AM
1:18:264 with my nickname used in the game

<<sent to Neil>>
Date: July 22, 2003 05:28AM
Posted by: b-tone
who decided who the rule makers are?

____
Tony

Date: July 22, 2003 05:31AM
Posted by: villej
korn_freak decided that he makes rules. ;)

My photo gallery: [viltzu86.deviantart.com]
Date: July 22, 2003 05:32AM
.....as he is the creator of this comp........
Date: July 22, 2003 05:39AM
Posted by: b-tone
as he is the creator of this comp

actually that credit goes to Orpheus.

____
Tony

Date: July 22, 2003 05:41AM
ah......didn't know it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy