GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]
Date: March 20, 2015 09:04PM
Posted by: ChrisJ
Now I've returned to create the 2015 revcounter as my last year's version which I never really found the time to actually finish serves as a good base.

But I have to approach you for a little feature request here, SDI:
In the panels for GPxCInfo for image controlled items like revs there are options like rotation or truncate already present. What would be great to recreate the latest TV HUD/revcounter however would be an option to truncate an image radially say by a certrain angle. As you can see in this onboard video (http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/video/2015/3/Onboard_Pole_Position_Lap.html) the speedo is a radial that gradually rotates further around the center. Now at the moment to recreate that in GPxPatch we need to use the "Toggle" function and create one image for every step in kph which is both a lot of work and not very economical from a loading time and file size point of view. Do you see any chance of a simple implementation to gradually reveal an image by angle instead of linear X/Y coordinates?

Thank you in advance for your input and thoughts on this!

regards
chris
Date: March 21, 2015 12:26AM
Posted by: SDI
For the current effects I simply truncate or rotate the texture, but for this I probably need to use 8 triangles instead of 2, which each one animating over the next 45 degrees. I'd have to try this out.

The effect is available in Unity (radial fill): [docs.unity3d.com]
But I can't use Unity, I'll have to do it directly with DirectX :)

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2015 12:27AM by SDI.
Date: March 21, 2015 11:01AM
Thanks for your thoughts and considerations on this! Indeed, Unity's radial fill describes it perfectly.

Actually I also tried that kind of workaround where I split the radial in seven equal parts (51,5 degress each) and put them on layers atop to hide the full radial speedo underneath. At full speed (360 kph) those covers would then align in the most bottom part of the radial where the real HUD also has the cut and thus uncover the speedo completely without interfering too much with other elements of the HUD. But of course I had to do it with textures and that means that I have to use a fully opaque grey (or else I wouldn't be able to hide the blue radial for speed) instead of working with alpha channels and that is very inaccurate compared to the real world version and looks rather plain.

regards
chris
Date: March 23, 2015 12:58AM
I got it to work. Just need to implement it also for DirectX7 (GP3) and add some user interface options.

Date: March 23, 2015 11:48PM
Posted by: TomMK
René is it possible for GPxPatch to alter the performance values during the race? Or is it fixed from the time the session is loaded?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: March 25, 2015 08:01PM
I don't think that's possible.

Date: March 25, 2015 08:12PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
René, I've somewhat embarassingly only recently discovered the "Extended Pause Mode"
Would it be possible in future to edit the track camera within this mode for screenshots, such as zoom in/ zoom out, move up/down etc?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 08:13PM by salvasirignano.
Date: March 25, 2015 10:23PM
SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got it to work. Just need to implement it also
> for DirectX7 (GP3) and add some user interface
> options.

Awesome news there already, thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to getting my hands back at work for the 2015 revcounter!

regards
chris
Date: March 26, 2015 02:19AM
salvasirignano Schreef:
> René, I've somewhat embarassingly only recently
> discovered the "Extended Pause Mode"
> Would it be possible in future to edit the track
> camera within this mode for screenshots, such as
> zoom in/ zoom out, move up/down etc?

In theory, yes.

Date: April 04, 2015 10:41AM
Posted by: Alessio88
Hello guys,is someone still working or started working on the 2015 graphics?thanks

Greetings
Alessio

CoM3 oN McL4R3n.....:)
Date: April 04, 2015 11:14AM
Posted by: Tony_MSC_94
Alessio88 Wrote:
> Hello guys,is someone still working or started
> working on the 2015 graphics?thanks

Up :P
Date: June 03, 2015 06:36AM
Posted by: Kimi-The-Champ
@SDI:
It is possible to deactivate the 11th team for the free practice and qualification session too? At the moment all 22 cars are driving at the session, only in the race the team is deactivated.
Date: June 03, 2015 10:45PM
I guess it should be possible in theory.

Date: June 04, 2015 01:01AM
Posted by: neilcaine
Rene

I've tried to reply to your PM but your mailbox is full
Date: June 04, 2015 01:14AM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Oh no, not again! hot And I just realized that my postbox is nearly full too. :((N)

@mortal: 300 messages are too less, I want to be able to save up to 1000 messages at the same time! ;)(Y)(H)(E)
Date: June 04, 2015 07:49PM
I've deleted some messages, but I prefer if you just mail me at gpxpatch@xs4all.nl :)

Date: June 05, 2015 07:25PM
Posted by: Prblanco
René, some time ago there was a discussion about tracks crashing due to some code related to skid marks, when the game tries to do something with a cc-line section that isn't there.

Is there anything we can do, from a track building perspective, to prevent this bug?

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 06, 2015 01:47AM
I'm not sure what it is, but I guess you should not do whatever it was you did that made it crash...

Date: June 06, 2015 02:04AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Of course, I should have been more specific :)

I was referring to the bug related in this thread, where you wrote:

SDI
It could also be ccline related. I fixed an obscure piece of code in GP3/GP4 where it was referring to a track segment that was 6 segments before some ccline related segment. In certain custom tracks that segment might not exist. The code this happened in was related to tyre marks, but I only fix it if extended track length is used.

So when you say "in certain custom tracks that segment might not exist", is there something we can do in custom tracks so "that segment" exists, whatever it is?

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 07, 2015 12:23AM
That's a tough question and I can only guess. It could be related to there being a corner very close to the start of the track (normally the s/f straight is straight...)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy