GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]
Date: June 08, 2015 12:11AM
Posted by: SDI
Do you have links to the tracks that give those problems when not in slot 1 and without the extended track length option? Then I can do some tests with it.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Date: June 08, 2015 12:46AM
Posted by: Prblanco
Our latest release, Motorland Aragón, suffers from this bug (Link). I was running a 100% race, after doing friday practice and qualifying. Game crashed after 25-30 laps just as I was locking my tires under braking at the end of the long straight.

My unfinished tracks: [www.grandprixgames.org]
Send bug reports and track editing questions to f1virtualblog@gmail.com
Date: June 08, 2015 08:22PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
In Adelaide 1995 (superalonso) there's also a bug, GP4 crashes (no freezing error) and stays in black screen without sound. I can only close GP4 with task manager, an error log is not created. Anyone experienced this problem at this track as well?
Date: June 08, 2015 10:00PM
@Prblanco: I couldn't get it to crash yet. Do you perhaps have a save game for me that I can load and then let it crash with accelerated time?

EDIT: never mind, I got it to work (crash) now :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 10:07PM by SDI.
Date: June 08, 2015 11:17PM
It looks like a bug in GP4 that you can run into, but the exact circumstances in which it occurs and what causes it exactly is unknown to me. I ran into this problem while working on the extended track length feature so I assumed it was related to that and fixed it based on the extended track setting.

I have now applied it globally within GPxTrack, so simply enabling GPxTrack will fix this problem in the future.

I don't think it ever happens with the default tracks, does it?

Date: June 09, 2015 12:13AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Yes it does! If I put default Suzuka in slot 16 instead of 17 it will freeze after around 20 laps. It also happened to me with Sepang in slot 3

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 09, 2015 07:59AM
Ok very interesting.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:38AM
Posted by: TomMK
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I've found a bug in GPxSet. I think GPxSet is not patching the Player's grip value from the performance file.

If I use the default performance file and race at Silverstone as Eddie Irvine, I am able to set laptimes around 1m21.xxx. The AI's fastest lap is 1m19.9xx by Michael Schumacher.

If I then reduce every driver's grip values by 5000 and conduct the same race, I am still able to set laptimes around 1m21.xxx. But the AI's fastest lap is much reduced, now 1.35.xxx by MSc again, as you would expect from a 5000 point grip reduction.

I didn't change any power values. Only grip. Maybe someone else can test this and see if they can reproduce it?

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 14, 2015 07:16AM
Posted by: vesuvius
TomMK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if I've
> found a bug in GPxSet. I think GPxSet is not
> patching the Player's grip value from the
> performance file.
>
> If I use the default performance file and race at
> Silverstone as Eddie Irvine, I am able to set
> laptimes around 1m21.xxx. The AI's fastest lap is
> 1m19.9xx by Michael Schumacher.
>
> If I then reduce every driver's grip values by
> 5000 and conduct the same race, I am still able to
> set laptimes around 1m21.xxx. But the AI's fastest
> lap is much reduced, now 1.35.xxx by MSc again, as
> you would expect from a 5000 point grip
> reduction.
>
> I didn't change any power values. Only grip. Maybe
> someone else can test this and see if they can
> reproduce it?

Have you selected car power team dependant from gpxpatch?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2015 07:17AM by vesuvius.
Date: June 14, 2015 10:15AM
Doesn't make a difference whether it's checked or not.

Date: June 14, 2015 11:14AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
The only program that changes the player grip is belini's gp4 career. Gpx patch can't change the player grip, it always remains at 16384, it's not a bug.
You could set your performance values to 25000 in the performance file and it would have no effect on the player's grip, only the AI

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 14, 2015 12:28PM
Yeh to be fair I should have searched a litle harder before I made this, it's been discussed before.

Would it be possible to make GPxSet control this value then?

Date: June 14, 2015 01:44PM
Power team dependent also uses the CC grip for the player's car. Although there are probably multiple grip values, this CC grip value is determined by the driver skill and inconsistency factors in the performance file. Not sure what grip value belini is patching.

Date: June 14, 2015 01:48PM
I think Bellini's grip patch is doing something more because when I use that, I get the result I expect (my performance is reduced and equal to the AI again).

Date: June 14, 2015 02:19PM
If you could mail me the executable I can see what it does and do it from GPxSet instead.

Date: June 14, 2015 02:26PM
Thanks René! I've uploaded my patched GP4.exe plus and unpatched GP4.exe for comparision. I made the patched version by just clicking "bhp/grip patch" in the belini tool which I also included just so you can see it yourself.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:16PM
Ok, thanks. I've taken a look and this is what I see:

- bhp/grip patch does the exactly same thing as GPxSet does with 'power team dependent'.
- driver view moves you closer to the steering wheel in the cockpit.
- player master grip speaks for itself.

GPxSet could edit the player master grip too. I didn't see it being edited in your executable though. What I did see in your executable was a patch of the power curve and some additional values. Was this also done with this tool? I couldn't reproduce this.

If the bhp/grip patch works with this tool and not with GPxSet there's something weird going on, like GPxSet not being used at all (see if it's turned on in the main tab). Your executable contained additional patches of the driver skill values, so I suspect you didn't use GPxSet to patch them but used Team Editor for it to patch the exe directly.

Date: June 15, 2015 01:29AM
I might have patched the power curve / torque values so I've reuploaded with just my original GP4.exe and a patched one.

I don't use TeamEditor.

GPxSet is definitely on, "car power team dependent" is on, and the performance file is being used (all the AI cars slow down when I take 5000 grip points away, but I don't, unless I use belini's grip patcher).

Can someone else try to reproduce my results by checking "car power team dependent", and reducing all the driver's grip values by a large number like 5000, and see what happens?

One other thing I've noticed in experimenting with this is that GPxSet leaves the driver car number's patched in the .exe, or wherever they are stored (f1gstate.sav?). Maybe these are the extra values you see?

Date: June 15, 2015 08:13AM
I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

Date: June 15, 2015 08:31AM
Posted by: javifast
Try to reproduce my old problem with this version and the tyres...When I select for example intermediate tyres on a dry race...all the cars start to mix the tyres and brands.
Thank you very much for your great job.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy