GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]
Date: June 15, 2015 07:47PM
Posted by: SDI
I'm trying to reproduce it but I don't know what you mean with grip value. There's no grip value in the performance file.

Edit: I tried to driver ability, which eventually affects the grip, but somehow both GPxSet and the Belini patch don't affect the player. I'll test some more.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2015 08:13PM by SDI.
Date: June 15, 2015 08:06PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Where do I download this GP4 Career tool?
Date: June 15, 2015 08:14PM
From the link posted by TomMK.

Date: June 15, 2015 08:51PM
I've tested some more and I got it to work now. When I set the driver skill very low, then with GPxSet it's almost impossible to steer. But when I also apply Belini's patch I cannot even accelerate away and I start to float around.

So, there's indeed some extra thing I have to patch, and I think I have already found out which.

If I fix this then it could have big implications for existing performance text files though, so I think I have to make it optional. What do you think? Are most carsets out there used in conjunction with "Car power team dependent"?

Date: June 16, 2015 02:07AM
Posted by: TomMK
Thanks René!!

Yes you're right, it will have a big implication on all existing works, since they have all been based on the Player having the default ability (16384?). So yeh I think it has to be optional.

Although you say "When I set the driver skill very low, then with GPxSet it's almost impossible to steer", I didn't find this - no matter how low I set the driver ability I still set the same laptimes, until I grip patch it with belini's tool. Weird.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 16, 2015 07:51AM
It's probably because I use they keyboard to steer. The steering help thinks there's no grip and thus limits the steering lock to 0 when I drive fast.

So what about an option "Car grip team dependent"? I can also move the broken grip patch that was causing my steering to be limited into it (remove it from "Car power team dependent";). It will only affect keyboard players wanting to use the old behavior, but I can add an 'old behavior' mode perhaps.

Date: June 16, 2015 09:34AM
Posted by: vesuvius
Okay, I made few tests on my game. GPXpatch, performance.txt file+ car power team dependant works perfectly and every change I made worked.

1.first I tested on suzuka track, with driver ability set to 16800, car power team dependant enabled, and my time was 1,31,695

2. unenabled car power team dependant, driver ability set to 16800, and my time was 1,30,329

3. enabled car power team dependant, raised driver ability to 21800, and my time was 1,31,745 .The car was massively fast on corners, too fast for me to control and that´s why time was slower than with lesser driver ability.

4. car power team dependant enabled, I put driver ability to 11800, and my time was 1,40,988. the car was super slow on corners, very easy to control.

I didn´t use any tool (like team editor) to update performance file.txt, just notepad. And I use keyboard.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 09:36AM by vesuvius.
Date: June 16, 2015 01:07PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
My tests yield different results vesuvius! ;)

Going round my Tahiti track (must have done 10000+ laps round it) Pedro Diniz in the Arrows.. car power team dependant checked.

Driver grip 15745 laptime 1:07.766 over a 4 lap stint
Driver grip 10745 laptime 1:07.714 over a 4 lap stint

I use a wheel though. If Rene could put an extra additional option in GPxSet that reads in the value of grip from the performance file for the driver you select in game, that would be fantastic!
Belini's patch is great, but it would be far easier to control it solely from the performance file and a GPxSet checkbox.

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 16, 2015 01:50PM
Posted by: RHill
I've been reading this with interest! It doesn't seem to matter what car/driver combination I use my performance remains the same, despite big differences in the performance file between drivers and teams.

Can you tell me more about Belini's patch? From what I gather so far, the patch allows you to input the players 'master' grip value therefore enabling you to match it with the desired car grip in the performance file?

Do I just have to root to the GP4.exe

Click bhp/grip patch button

Select the 2001 track slot my track is using

Set the desired new grip value

Hit patch button again
Date: June 16, 2015 02:03PM
RHill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've been reading this with interest! It doesn't
> seem to matter what car/driver combination I use
> my performance remains the same, despite big
> differences in the performance file between
> drivers and teams.

>
> Can you tell me more about Belini's patch? From
> what I gather so far, the patch allows you to
> input the players 'master' grip value therefore
> enabling you to match it with the desired car grip
> in the performance file?
>
> Do I just have to root to the GP4.exe
>
> Click bhp/grip patch button
>
> Select the 2001 track slot my track is using
>
> Set the desired new grip value
>
> Hit patch button again

this is really strange, there is a huge difference to what car/driver you are using. I tested with my performance files, with Ferrari (using 16800 driver ability) at suzuka, I did 1,30,9 (16 laps of fuel) and with marussia I used 14700 driver ability and my time was 1,34,3 (16 laps of fuel). All I´m using is performance.txt file and car power team dependant and perfromance file checked (picture under). I´m not using any physic file.

Date: June 16, 2015 02:22PM
What's the difference in car power between your Ferrari and Marussia?

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 16, 2015 02:23PM
salvasirignano Wrote:
> What's the difference in car power between your
> Ferrari and Marussia?

the difference is 25 horsepower, Ferrari 855 and marussia 830

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 02:24PM by vesuvius.
Date: June 16, 2015 03:06PM
That shouldn't be enough to account for the difference. How odd.
I've sent belini a message asking for him to shed further light upon what his patch does - it's called bhp/grip patch, but the only values you can modify are grip values, nothing power/bhp related....
Forgetting car power, his tool is the only thing which affects my grip levels. That said, I have been a little confused by his tool in this respect, with master and track specific grip levels, and more than one "patch" button. It doesn't take much to confuse me, however. ;)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 03:12PM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 16, 2015 03:28PM
It's quite simple:

The bhp/grip patch of Belini (the top one in the tool) is the same as "Car power team dependent" in GPxSet. However, it patches one extra memory location, which only seems to have effect for non-keyboard users (probably related to steering help). I will add this extra memory location to GPxSet too.

The other two patches of Belini are a camera patch and a player master grip patch. It stores player master grip presets for each track so you can easily swap between them. The track selection does not have any effect on the executable. The player master grip is something I could add to GPxSet too, by reading it from a new entry in the performance file.

Date: June 16, 2015 08:16PM
Slight correction: The current GPxSet grip patch only affects keyboard users. Additionally patching the extra memory location of the Belini grip patch affects both keyboard and wheel users.

Date: June 16, 2015 09:45PM
SDI Wrote:
> Slight correction: The current GPxSet grip patch
> only affects keyboard users. Additionally patching
> the extra memory location of the Belini grip patch
> affects both keyboard and wheel users.

Great work :) Is that something that will be corrected in a new version of GPxPatch? Pretty please? ;)

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 09:46PM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 16, 2015 10:30PM
Yes, but I'm still not sure if I should enable the old behavior for keyboard drivers. I suspect performance files are optimized for wheel users?

Date: June 16, 2015 11:21PM
Posted by: gitanes
SDI Wrote:
> Yes, but I'm still not sure if I should enable the
> old behavior for keyboard drivers. I suspect
> performance files are optimized for wheel users?

Actually, not! (at least not mine!)

The performance values are calculated "relative" to the fastest car.
So, the pole sitter gets a value of 16256, the rest gets values in relation with their laptimes to the laptime of the pole sitter (weighted with the power of their car etc.).
Additionally, i am a keyboard player myself, and so are my files tested.

SDI Wrote:
> Slight correction: The current GPxSet grip patch
> only affects keyboard users. Additionally patching
> the extra memory location of the Belini grip patch
> affects both keyboard and wheel users.

With "car power team dependent" switched on, does that mean it affects only keyboard users?

My personal GP4 files at : www.4shared.com ______ My Blog at : Gitanes GP4 work

* Performance Files * LoadingScreens GoogleMaps * GP4 Tracks and Cars Databases
Date: June 16, 2015 11:28PM
SDI Wrote:
> Yes, but I'm still not sure if I should enable the
> old behavior for keyboard drivers. I suspect
> performance files are optimized for wheel users?

I would imagine performance files would be more optimised for keyboard users (with the old behaviour) because they would have the grip within the performance file. If a keyboard user chooses a Minardi driver with say 15000 grip (default is 16384) that's the grip they'll have in game, it'll be more realistic for them.
Whereas if I as a wheel user select the Minardi, I'll have 16384, which will be artificially high, and put me higher than I should be - also in relation to my AI Minardi teammate (who might only have 15000 as well) The only options would be to select Ace level, inflate the grip in the perf.txt file for the other cars, or play with the magic data.
Most performance files I've used have values between 15-17000.

If I as a wheel user used gitanes performance files above, my Minardi with 16384 would be the grippiest car on the grid! ;)

gitanes wrote:
------------------------------------------
With "car power team dependent" switched on, does that mean it affects only keyboard users?

It would appear so, yes

Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2015 11:34PM by salvasirignano.
Date: June 16, 2015 11:50PM
Posted by: phantaman
I will honestly say my opinion ... I did not realize so large differences in overall performance using this (younger?) editing tool, noting that'm also a keyboard user.
I remember that there is a field called "trackgrip" within magicdatas and this tool modifies the same field? or not? up to better understand the extent possible.

PS: It's very clear in the material produced by me that anyone can get better results if are in ACE mode. even in standard, a user with steering wheel will always be the lead (lap times between 1 s / 1.5s. who said it is a (ex?) user of this community who currently competes in the FIA World Endurance Championship (Y)

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy