GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]

Posted by SDI 
Re: GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]
Date: June 17, 2015 01:45AM
Posted by: TomMK
Very interesting, and thanks for the testing guys!

The thing that's strange for me is that, even when I use the keyboard, I get no change in laptime when I change the driver ability in the perf file.

Anyway, it doesn't matter really, if René can update GPxSet to give the player the right driver ability (regardless of input method) then we're sorted (Y) ;).

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: June 17, 2015 11:23AM
Posted by: SDI
The track grip affects the same value. Only the player master grip in Belini's tool is a completely different value. From Geoff's point of view, it seems that the first one is to finetune performances of individual drivers and tracks, while the latter is an actual property of the tyre. However, since the CCs use a simplified physics model, they are not affected by this property, hence its name 'player master grip' ('player' as it only affects players, and 'master' since it is an independent value).

@TomMK: try to change the driver ability drastically to e.g. 500, then you should notice you can't steer when you have a straight line speed.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2015 11:24AM by SDI.
Date: June 17, 2015 11:26AM
Do the leagues use 'Car power team dependent'? In that case, wheel users have an advantage right now...

Date: June 17, 2015 12:07PM
My league uses 'Car power team dependent' but I'd rather not get into a discussion over whether wheel users have an advantage... ;)

Date: June 17, 2015 04:51PM
Posted by: phantaman
only to illustrate I reproduce here (translated), a particular post which is still online in CBAV forum. (Y)

Truth.

Lap times with a steering wheel are on average 1.0 seconds faster than using a keyboard. A little more, perhaps.
In some runs, the difference can be up to 2.0 seconds. In others, only 0.5 seconds.
I think I can give a good parameter for this difference, since I myself was champion in 2003 with keyboard, and in 2004 with the steering wheel.
Below, differences of my records with keyboard and wheel:

Note: in BLUE are with a WHEEL. RED are with KEYBOARD.

Note: the average difference between my times with a WHEEL and KEYBOARD is 1.211 seconds.

It took a while to fill it, but I think it was a good comparison table.
All times were made by me between 2003 and 2005, using the original GP4 settings without any changes outside of the game.
I believe that the time difference between the two can be even lower, considering I've played longer with wheel than with keyboard. Also, some of my keyboard laps were made in a week just for racing and the like, as with wheel I had more time to work.

----signature--------------------------------------------------------

RELEASE => Physics (under FIA Technical Regulations)
MagicDatas? Setups? Pit Stop Strategies? Track Specific Performances? Up2Date GP?
Power Torque Curve? Where's this stuff? All download is available at ..
Date: June 17, 2015 06:16PM
Posted by: RHill
Tom, are your 14 and 15 magic datas written with a view that the player has grip value from the performance file?

In other words will the difficulty settings be too low, now we know the player is getting 16384 grip, not what's in the performance file for your mods?

What would you say for other mods? Written for 16384 default or the performance file?
Date: June 17, 2015 11:53PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Curious if anyone knows if the Belini patch or Rene's plan to enhance GPxPATCH will work with a different track set and driver's names. The .ini file that comes with Belini has a list of the 17 original tracks and I have wondered if it works on other tracks.
Date: June 18, 2015 12:58AM
I was planning to read the player master grip from the performance file, so that should cover it.

Date: June 18, 2015 11:44AM
Posted by: Cosmic
After reading the last 3 pages of this thread I begin to understand the Problem...and it's the Thing I wrote about some days ago.

When driving a qualifying in hotseat mode with 4 cars, every car has the same grip. So I'm able to set equal times with each car. No matter if I drive a 2015 Mercedes or a 2015 McLaren. In the physics file from gitanes and the there used Performance files all cars have 855 bhp.

So it would be great if I could Change the grip for each car via the Performance file. Then I would not be able to get a better qualifying lap in the McLaren than in Rosbergs Mercedes.

If I understand all the postings correct, you are working on that René ?!
Date: June 18, 2015 12:22PM
Yes, I am. You can already see if it works for you by applying the bhp/grip patch from Belini's tool. So I'm not inventing anything new, I'm just incorporating Belini's patch behavior. Additionally, I will give you the option to make either the bhp (power) or grip or both together team dependent, including an option to use the old behavior.

Date: June 18, 2015 01:18PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, I am. You can already see if it works for you
> by applying the bhp/grip patch from Belini's tool.
> So I'm not inventing anything new, I'm just
> incorporating Belini's patch behavior.
> Additionally, I will give you the option to make
> either the bhp (power) or grip or both together
> team dependent, including an option to use the old
> behavior.

That's brilliant Rene, thank you! :)

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 18, 2015 01:37PM
SDI
I will give you the option to make either the bhp (power) or grip or both together team dependent, including an option to use the old behavior.

Literally the perfect outcome. Thanks so much René (Y)

Date: June 18, 2015 01:38PM
Posted by: Cosmic
SDI schrieb:
> Yes, I am. You can already see if it works for you
> by applying the bhp/grip patch from Belini's tool.
> So I'm not inventing anything new, I'm just
> incorporating Belini's patch behavior.
> Additionally, I will give you the option to make
> either the bhp (power) or grip or both together
> team dependent, including an option to use the old
> behavior.

I'm sure that will work for me - thanks a lot René!!!!
Having the Option to set different grip values for each Team is briliant!!!!!

Looking Forward to this...
Date: June 18, 2015 01:58PM
Posted by: brasspanels
Oh my who's that user?
Date: June 18, 2015 03:04PM
The grip values are actually per car, not per team (driver ability in performance file).
Also, GPxPatch 4.31 will allow power and reliability per car instead of per team.

Date: June 18, 2015 04:43PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Awesome!

===================================================================================
Tahitian GP Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Easter Island Circuit
[www.grandprixgames.org]
Date: June 18, 2015 04:52PM
Posted by: TGF1DRIVER
Date: June 18, 2015 07:01PM
Posted by: GPGSL
SDI Schreef:
> The grip values are actually per car, not per team
> (driver ability in performance file).
> Also, GPxPatch 4.31 will allow power and
> reliability per car instead of per team.

Awesome! (Y)

Date: June 19, 2015 02:01AM
Posted by: AustinF1
Looking forward to it, Rene - You are the man!
Date: June 19, 2015 04:06AM
Posted by: AUS_Doug
A couple of brilliant developments lately Rene - first the lap limit, and now this grip implementation - so thanks for both of those.

Something I've wondered for a while; Would it be possible to implement an 'AI pits sometime after tyre wear reaches x level' option?

At the moment, I think the AI only pits for damage or fuel?

If they could be made to pit for just tyres, that would be great for 'No refuelling races'.

F1 Graphics Swapper --- Lensdump - Renders and Screenshots --- GP4 Performance Generator
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy