> something I have noticed...
>
> When the top 'patch grip/bhp' function is used,
> the cc grip values in the magic data effect the
> player & ai. Without this patch used the cc grip
> in magic data doesn't effect the player. Player
> master grip still has an effect under both
> scenarios however.

Yes, that's exactly the part that was missing in GPxSet. The player will have the same grip as the CCs, which is determined from the driver ability/variance and magic data.

René Smit, Independent Software Developer.
Download my GPx tools here.
Re: GPxPatch 4.30a [Released]
Date: July 01, 2015 10:18AM
Posted by: RHill
Yes, but player master grip used in isolation has an effect from the ability/variance in the performance file.

Player master grip & the other 'grip/bhp' option used together means the magic data and player master grip combine.

For example -

I set an average laptime of 1.38.9 in Melbourne (Vettel Ferarri Tom CSM 15' mod - melbourne perf file & therefore player master grip value taken from this)
This 1.38.9 was set with bhp/grip patched (top option in Belini's tool) & the player master grip (bottom option) patched to match the perf file.
The magic data was set to cc power & cc grip settings of 500 & 500.

I then adjusted the cc grip to bring the ai in line with my 1.38.9 ability before quali. This was then 500 & 457 settings (out of interest, does anyone know how much 1 point equates to in time on these settings?)
I set of for quali and MY grip was far reduced, resulting in a best time of 1.47 or something (all over the place).

I then unpatched the bhp/grip (top option in Belini's tool) and I was able to set times of 1.34 odd.

The top option must mean the magic data grip value is used for player & ai when patched and when unpatched its just the ai who are effected.

Having tried different player master grip values (bottom option), this effects only the player when used in isolation (expected results) and the ai times remain unaffected, only changing when the magic data cc grip value is adjusted.
Date: July 01, 2015 12:47PM
Posted by: TomMK
Seems strange. I would have thought that either the player ability was determined by the Master Value (16384, or whatever Master value is patched - belini bottom option), OR the performance file (if the Grip Patch is enabled - belini top option). Not some combination of both. That just makes it complicated if that's happening...

Ultimately, we need a way to make the AI consistent across all tracks.

I need to test this more.

=====================================================

Intel NUC 8i3, 8GB RAM, MS Sidewinder Wheel
Date: July 01, 2015 07:25PM
Posted by: SDI
RHill, that's exactly how it is supposed to work :) The patch applies the 'Car power team dependent' option that is in GPxPatch, but it affects grip too (this will be added in GPxPatch 4.31).

The player master grip is indeed independent. The parameter in the game it affects is totally different from the one affected by the grip patch. This parameter only affects the player's car.
You don't have to use it if you don't want to. But if you do, use it to finetune your own performance after the bhp/grip values have been determined. See Belini's documentation for more information.

Date: July 01, 2015 10:33PM
Ahhhhh I see!

Does the bhp/grip (top option) pull its data for both BHP and grip from the performance file though? Or does it use the magic data values?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2015 10:35PM by RHill.
Date: July 01, 2015 11:41PM
It only does the 'car power/grip team dependent' patch. The actual values are what's in the executable (the ones patched by Team Editor or GPxSet), and GP4 applies these, with the track specific grip factor (magic data) applied on top of it.

Date: July 01, 2015 11:54PM
I am now completely lost...
Date: July 02, 2015 11:30AM
Either Team Editor patches the executable with the values from the performance file, or GPxSet patches the GP4 process in memory with those values. The magic data is also part of the executable, but GPxTrack patches the GP4 process in memory with magic data attached to track .dat files. Eventually it's GP4 itself that uses these values to calculate the BHP and grip.

Date: July 02, 2015 03:45PM
So the bhp/grip patch applies bhp & grip from the performance file, but then the magic data is added on top almost?

Let's say I am off the ai pace, with the magic data cc values and the bhp/grip patch applied (assuming the above is correct). Changing the cc values to make me more competitive won't work, because it would effect me also. Your suggestion is to up the player master grip until I am competitive.

Does anyone know how much player master grip values effect laptime roughly? Say 100 points for so many seconds etc.

Also, I am keen to ensure I have the same grip around corners as the ai, but won't the player master grip being increased to make me competitive mean I have a greater advantage on corners?
Date: July 02, 2015 07:27PM
Yes, there's no player master bhp value. If you're too slow you can also choose a different car?

Date: July 02, 2015 10:11PM
to be clear, the bhp/grip patch takes both grip and bhp data from the performance file?
Date: July 03, 2015 12:06AM
Yes, the bhp/grip patch affects both bhp and grip... Not sure if it makes it more clear or not, but I've made a diagram of what's happening: .
The part where Code is patched it means the 'Car power team dependent' option is applied in GP4's code. GPxPatch does this in process memory, Belini in the executable. All data in the executable has a memory counterpart in the process. Additionally, the process has memory with computed BHP/grip values for each car.

Date: July 04, 2015 04:15PM
Posted by: AustinF1
Quite a piece of work, there, Rene! I'm not sure I'm smart enough to figure it all out, yet, but we'll keep at it. How soon for 4.31?
Date: July 04, 2015 09:15PM
Posted by: cleberpister
Hello!
What does it mean in GPxPatch DETAILS (LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH)?

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: July 05, 2015 12:48PM
I can release 4.31 now, but there are still some issues with maximum race laps and computer car behavior. I can put it in as a 'beta' feature though, just like the extended track length. There are also some user requests related to the improvements that I want to include.

Right now I'm playing F1 2013 (just bought it) and having a blast. Especially online play is great, something missing in GP4. So I need to find some time in between to get back to work on GPxPatch.

@cleberpister: The details are for the debug log file (gpxpload.txt). You can leave it at low until you have a problem and want to post the log here. Then you probably need to increase the verbosity level to medium or even high to show more log messages.

Date: July 05, 2015 03:34PM
Posted by: Lo2k
for completeness, GP4 Builder also reads/writes track files with magic data :)

Date: July 05, 2015 04:51PM
Posted by: cleberpister
OK, thanks...(Y)

AYRTON SENNA FOREVER!
Date: July 06, 2015 12:32AM
@Lo2k: updated :)

Date: July 06, 2015 07:10PM
Posted by: Lo2k
Perfect (Y)

Date: July 07, 2015 12:10AM
Posted by: Ronage
SDI Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Right now I'm playing F1 2013 (just bought it) and
> having a blast. Especially online play is great,
> something missing in GP4. So I need to find some
> time in between to get back to work on GPxPatch.
>

Hey René. Ever thought about GPxSat for F1 from Codemasters. I like the games but the lack of original on screen timing is a shame. it would make the replays really look like on tv. I guess thats just a dream right?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy