GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
If my race coverages are too long, then I'm sorry for that. It's just how I do the coverages. What would be a decent number of images per coverage?

Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If my race coverages are too long, then I'm sorry
> for that. It's just how I do the coverages. What
> would be a decent number of images per coverage?

No images, just text. Make it the theatre of the mind. ;)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 07:09AM by mclarenaustralia.
No images, just text. Make it the theatre of the mind. ;)

LOL!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Mullet345 Schreef:

For qualifying 22 pictures, for the race a maximum of 100 pictures.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Mullet345 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If my race coverages are too long, then I'm
> sorry
> > for that. It's just how I do the coverages.
> What
> > would be a decent number of images per
> coverage?
>
>
> For qualifying 22 pictures, for the race a maximum
> of 100 pictures.

And each session posted within a 24-48hr window, start to finish!! Dragging the sessions out over several days is just painful....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Pleased with 6th after starting in the middle of the grid :-) A good job from the team in the pits helped me jump forward, and that 2nd set of tyres felt much better. Just a shame that Ross had that incident at the end as we were on for a double points finish.

Joseph Gilson :: Southern Cross Racing :: Race Driver
Genuinely stumped by the lack of competitiveness from Team Shadow over the last couple of seasons. How did we fall down the order so quickly?! I understand we have had some unlucky moments but it really is tough to watch. Still, we remain strong in the tester's championship so obviously we're doing something right...

brunoboi Schreef:
> Genuinely stumped by the lack of competitiveness
> from Team Shadow over the last couple of seasons.
> How did we fall down the order so quickly?! I
> understand we have had some unlucky moments but it
> really is tough to watch. Still, we remain strong
> in the tester's championship so obviously we're
> doing something right...

The table of the tester's championship is posted upside down. ;-)

My Grand Prix 4 Files

brunoboi Wrote:

Having counted TSS as a rival ever since S3 it is a real shame to watch the decline of the team.

I think the 'blame' if you want to call it that lies with the inherent randomness of the series, coupled to the now unpredictable boost system, which throws up odd results.

It doesn't lend itself well to 'building' in the series, which is why despite your best efforts, promoting strong drivers and such, you have slipped back.

You've only got to look at the utter demise of TNR, who just a season or two ago pushed MPR for third in the TC, and the rejuvenation of Southern Cross after a series of shitty seasons to see that basically anything can happen.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
brunoboi schrieb:

Mercedes put too much focus on their F1 team and thus deliver underpowered engines.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
Give me some Subaru power!

My Grand Prix 4 Files

Mullet345 Wrote:

Probably unfair to criticise you mate, so my apologies about that.

I just think you need to think about streamlining your coverage is all. There's no need for the coverage to be so in depth.

Maybe take a look at some of Stu's old coverages to get an idea of how to balance out the number of screens needed.

Aside from that it is nice to see someone passionate about doing a good job for the series.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
I can't complain about a 10th place finish, I needed to score some points after the embarrassing last two races.

I usually try and keep the screenshots down to about 3 or 4 per lap on average. Sometimes, mostly in the first few laps when there are a lot of action, this can't be followed too closely, but it works on the whole. I don't like when someone criticises a rd though. The rd has given up alot of his time to bring you the coverage and it does rather smack of ungratefulness. I'm sure that's not what was intended here though.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Boost Announcement

N.B. The French Grand Prix has now been postponed until later in the season and may be the subject of a venue change.

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 7, United States Grand Prix, Road America are now open. The closing date is 8pm BST Sunday 4th May 2014. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Road America". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Road America". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S9

Round 1: Australia GP - Albert Park - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Japanese GP - Suzuka - Winner: John Warrington - MAC Racing
Round 3: Malaysian GP - Sepang - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 4: South African GP - Kyalami - Winner: Eric Moinet - JHR Developments
Round 5: Spanish GP - Jerez - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 6: Canadian GP - Montreal - Winner: Matteo Scala - Van Smirren Motorsports
Round 7: US GP - Road America - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 8: Brazilian GP - Interlagos - 25% - 40 AI Errors
Round 9: Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamps - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 10: European GP - Donington Park - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 11: Dutch GP - Zandvoort - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 12: Italian GP - Monza - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: Austrian GP - A1-Ring - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 14: Czech GP - Brno - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 15: German GP - Hockenheim (Classic Layout) - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 16: French GP - Dijon-Prenois - 19% - 40 AI Errors - POSTPONED!
Round 17: British GP - Great Britain - 50% - 40 AI Errors

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2014 09:36PM by GPGSL.
Ordinarily I would set the boost window to close 5 days after the last race was posted. This would mean it would close on Friday 2nd May. However, I am muchly busy this weekend, so I have been forced to set it for Sunday. Apologies :)

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Well, you know how it is, people just want to know how they did without having to wait for ages. However, I do appreciate people all have lives to live and stuff like that.

I'm grateful for the coverage, but I just feel it could sometimes be a touch shorter sometimes. Personally, I've never liked the tester feature races, because a) I always used to retire in them and b) I think they drag the "race weekend" out a little too much.

I may try and do my one-RD-per-season at some point if I've got the time and because I think putting the race in one Imgur album worked okay I may do the same again. If people want to skip to the end or go through all the pictures, it's up to them. I can't dictate how you view it!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Holy cow!!! I really am driving badly in the test drivers series! Average results, and now even surpassed by my brand new driver, Mr Allington!!!! What a fall from grace for me, a 2 time GPGSL race winner.... LOL

I need to pull my finger out and start performing, otherwise i will give myself the sack!!! Or look for a top end team to return my test driver skills to what they once were....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Turbo Lover Wrote:
> Give me some Subaru power!

I may be willing to try anything to get us back! Maybe Porsche are a better idea?!?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy