GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Well, had that first incident not occurred, we would have never got so close. It was like I predicted. A rather safe race win and boost wasted by the pit lane exit. It's really frustrating.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
A relief to be still sixth.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Well that's very disappointing, potential points finish chucked away by stupid pit exit. Not overly happy at all with that.

Damn it...
atleast it wasn't drivers' error. Well, things break sometimes I suppose. Had the speed to go forward even more but I don't think I should guess where I could have finished. Doesn't make sense.
Just hoping that Jakes' car doesn't let him down as well, let it just be one misfabrication.
Im hoping to finish inside the points! Really like to continiue my run of points finishes!

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
My fault with the track, I seem to have lost the repaired one. Why wasn't I pm'ed about this problem though?

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
puuuhhhh close one for me...
4th place!!! Let's go, Carlos! =D

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
On with the show please.

I'd much rather seen a truncated coverage, than one more detailed but spread over a week.

John, unlucky mate, cruel way to lose what looked like being an almost certain win.

Fingers crossed that Ed can make it to the flag with no issues.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Rod_vs Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4th place!!! Let's go, Carlos! =D

Yes Carlos... let's go for podium place !!!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
This just makes me remember the only time I've been an RD and everybody complained that 10 hours were too much to post the last part of the race ;)

My GPGSL Career
I hope i come into the points

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
GPGSL Rd 6 Canadian GP - Race Day

Part 3

Welcome back for the final time.

We come back from the break to see Steer going for a passing attempt.

And the Snake driver makes the move work and moves up a position.

Scala has managed to close in a little on Greenhalgh.

Brunner finds himself behind both TNR’s.

He also has to watch for McCarthy behind, who has managed to close in on the Snake.

Greenhalgh’s lead hasn’t changed too much.

Scala is still in for a chance at the race win.

Cartwright is looking for a move up the inside of Jalving.

And succeeds in getting by the MPR.

If that’s not bad enough, Jalving now has to watch out for Schieder.

It would appear he wasn’t able to hold the MAC back for long as Schieder has managed to get by, according to the timings.

But Jalving isn’t going to allow Schieder to stay in front of him, and goes to the inside for a passing attempt. Meanwhile, Cartwright takes the fastest lap.

Jalving’s pass has worked out for him, and the MPR driver retakes his position from Schieder. Kederer meanwhile lurks behind the two.

Back to the front of the field now, and it still looks close between all 5 cars.

Rodriguez is doing really well at the current moment.

Legge is doing the best he can to hang onto a decent result for Demon. He is chasing down Moinet for a spot inside the top 10.

Cartwright is still in with a chance to make it into the points. All he needs to do is close in onto the back of Van Renselaar.

McCarthy is making a move on Brunner. Will he be able to make it stick?

He makes the move stick, and moves up a position. That puts Brunner in last place.

Hang on. Brunner isn’t willing to just let McCarthy get away with passing him, and goes side by side with the JHR.

He has a look up the inside into the final corners.

Brunner is able to retake his position, but McCarthy has gone wide.

And the JHR driver will not be happy with that move.

The timing shows just how much time was lost between McCarthy and Brunner.

It’s getting intense at the front, as Scala does his best to close in on Greenhalgh.

It’s heating up between Moinet and Legge, as they are now separated by 0.1s.

Schieder looks to have his hands full with keeping Kederer behind him.

Cartwright has managed to close the gap even more between himself and Van Renselaar.

We are now on lap 26, so let’s take a look at the current standings.

Legge tries to get by Moinet, which doesn' work out this time. While behind them, Cartwright has managed to get in front of Van Renselaar.

Here are the last of the standings.

We have a train starting to form behind Moinet.

A lockup from Moinet sees Legge take an eyeful of smoke.

Legge and Cartwright look to take advantage.

Legge succeeds in getting by.

Cartwright unfortunately wasn’t close enough, so stays behind the JHR.

Scala is really closing in onto the back of Greenhalgh.

As the timings show 5 laps remaining, Scala is looking for his chance to get by Greenhalgh.

He has a look up the inside.

And succeeds in making the move stick. Scala is now our race leader.

The timing shows that Cartwright has made it past Moinet.

Now Van Renselaar wants his chance to get by. He has a look up the inside.

And the One driver succeeds in getting by.

At the rear of the field, Edwards looks to be struggling with his TNR, which is allowing Brunner to close in on him.

Rodriguez has a lockup into the final corners.

As a result, it allows Elleker to close in on him.

While we focus on Van Renselaars’s One, the timing shows how the top 10 have moved since race start. Meanwhile, in the distance Jalving looks to be making a move on Moinet.

And Jalving makes the move stick.

Moinet must have a problem with his car. That would explain why he doesn’t seem to have any pace.

The other JHR of McCarthy is currently in last place, but a lockup isn’t going to help him get in front of Brunner.

Brunner looks to have made a good exit out of the hairpin, and goes side by side with Edwards down the straight.

He makes it far enough and goes up the inside of the TNR at the final corners. Meanwhile, Elleker has managed to get by Rodriguez for 4th.

There’s plenty of action in the midfield for sure. Both Schieder and Kederer have managed to get by Moinet.

Now Horvath wants his chance to get by, but he doesn’t seem to be close enough yet.

At the front, Scala has this race under control.

With not many laps left to go, let’s take a look at the current standings.

There’s a battle brewing between Greidanus and Gilson for 6th.

Unseen by the cameras, Van Renselaar has managed to get by Legge for 10th.

Something is wrong with the standings. Cartwright was shown to be running in 11th not too long ago. What has happened to the SCR driver?

We find him down in 20th. Something has definitely happened to Cartwright for him to be in last place.

He was attempting to go for a move up the inside of Legge into the final corners.

But ends up locking up his brakes, and he may have bumped into Legge at the same time as the Demon looks to be offtrack.

The end result sees the SCR beached offtrack.

Cartwright is lucky that he was able to rejoin the track.

Not long to go for Scala.

He enters the final corners for the last time.

And crosses the line to win the Canadian GP.

Greenhalgh takes 2nd.

Maverick rounds off the podium in 3rd.

Gilson managed to find a way past Greidanus to finish 6th.

We have finally come to the conclusion of this race. And what a race we witnessed indeed. Congratulations Matteo Scala and VSM, our Canadian GP winners. We hope you enjoyed our coverage, and we’ll see you at the next venue for Rd 7. This is GPGTV.Org/Farked, signing off from Montreal, Canada.

Results To Come

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Nice to win again here :) Fantastic race with a good amount of luck for me.

My GPGSL Career
Damn it, losing a place in the final lap sucks.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Hugely disappointing race.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Another disappointing result. These 2 seasons as tester feel like a complete waste of time now.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
We'll have to do some extensive research to find out what went wrong with Eric's car there, definitely not normal to lose so many places so quickly after running solidly in the points from the start.

All in all, a weekend to forget for JHR me thinks!

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

Maverick in the post-race press conference

John, congratulations to the podium finish. How does it feel?
Thank you. Honestly, after the rather bad results in the past races, I should feel happy about this podium, and even with a double boost I probably would have been happy about it in a normal race. But under the given circumstances, and seeing what a pace I had, it feels more like a loss of 5 points than a win of 10points. The difference between 1st and 3rd still makes a difference and I think without those incidents, the win would have been more than realistic.

Yes, you just mentioned the incidents which cost you a lot. Can you describe from your point of view what happened there?
Well, that's easily explained. The pit-lane exit here is problematic. All the drivers moaned about this after the test driver feature race and we were promised that this would be changed for the main event. As far as I know, it was really planned to do it, but due to whatever reasons this didn't happen. So, when I exited the pits after my stop, I came out in a bunch of cars and with everybody fighting for positions, somebody pushed me out onto the grass, where I spun half and lost a lot of time. I really understand that everybody wants to take advantage, but I think it was unnecessary that drivers who had nothing to do with the race win and who had yet to stop went so hard for the race leader. So, when I came back on the track, I had already lost quite some time. To make things worse, Scala then also pushed me out a second time and from there on the tyres were ruined and I was unable to start another attack on the race leaders. Of course I congratulate Scala to his win, but today it has a bit of a sour taste to me.

Any wishes for the future in this regard?
Yes, obviously my wish is that such problematic situations are avoided in the future. After the test session, at the latest!!!, if such situations occur, the race shouldn't be started before the track is properly changed and thoroughly tested for clearance. The GPGSL postponed the Dijon race, just to end up in a similar mess here at Montreal. I'm sorry, but this is pathetic.

What does this mean for your championship hopes now?
Well, they are certainly better than before the race, but not as good as they could have been. Gilson and Jalving both had a problematic race, at least. So I was able to catch up a bit on them. But with 15points instead of 10, things would look a lot better. Not to mention that I still lost on Scala and Greenhalgh, instead of making good on them. And since the team used quite a bit of the precious boost, and I used a driver boost as well, it'll be difficult. I won't give up yet, but it'll be a tough rest of the season.

Thank you John. I hope you can still celebrate the podium a bit, maybe with some Magners and I'm sure if you ask nicely, MPR will also give you a piece of pizza after this unfortunate end.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2014 05:29PM by JohnMaverick.
I think it's be fair to say the mood in TSM isn't great at the mo...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy