GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Turbo Lover Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So the pitlane exit issue isn't fixed?

That was one of the reason I ran a feature race for the testers. I wanted to see if any incidents would take place at the pitlane exit, and when I saw that only 1 incident took place during the feature race, I thought that it would be fine for the race. Besides, the incidents that took place will be shown in the coverage, but I am surprised that they still occured despite having been fixed.

If we're having this issue again, I suggest we refrain from using Montreal in future. Although, I have an alternative suggestion - after all, the Montreal Pit Lane didn't always come out at Turn 2.

I have found a map (admittedly not a great one but better than nothing) of what the pitlane looked like at a point in the tracks' history. Were we to use Montreal again, I would recommend the pit exit be changed to this layout to avoid collisions in future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2014 12:51PM by Diax F1.
The original GP4 track has that configuaration if I am right.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Scritto:
> The original GP4 track has that configuaration if
> I am right.

exactly, that's the pre 2002 track

My GPGSL Career
I think we may have a problem with the race coverage. Greg has an issue with his computer monitor, broken, according to facebook an hour ago.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
GPGSL Rd 6 Canadian GP – Race Day

Part 1

Welcome back everyone. We are now ready for the start of the main feature race. In qualifying yesterday, we saw Ed Greenhalgh take pole position ahead of Matteo Scala and John Maverick. We have 32 laps ahead of us, so let’s head trackside as the cars line up after doing the warmup lap.

Weather Report: Sunny

We are set for the start. Greenhalgh is on pole, and next to him is Scala. Who will win the lead into the first corner?

They are off!

Greenhalgh converts pole into the race lead, while behind him Scala has been passed by Maverick.

There’s plenty of action already in the midfield, as indicated by the timings.

Everyone looks to be in single file.

Greenhalgh already has a reasonable gap between himself and Maverick.

As the timing shows, Greenhalgh leads by just under a second.

Greenhalgh takes the fastest lap.

Not much going on at the rear of the field.

The timing shows that Gilson has gained time on Steer.

The top 5, all in the same camera shot.

If having 5 cars in one shot isn’t enough, here are the top 12 in the same camera shot.

Greenhalgh takes fastest lap again.

Onboard now with Greenhalgh, and it appears that he has had a slight lockup.

Greenhalgh still holds onto the lead, but it has allowed Maverick to close in on him. Meanwhile, Warrington and Legge both gain a position as indicated on the timings.

Greenhalgh’s lead has been cut from a second down to just 0.3s. Meanwhile, the timing shows how the top 10 have moved since race start.

Kederer has a lockup, but is able to continue on.

However, it has allowed the cars behind to close in on him.

Jalving decides to have a look up the inside of Cartwright.

But no, he locks up and finds the grass. This won’t end well.

What a relief. Jalving makes it back ontrack without any damage. And he also managed to get in front of Cartwright.

And now Van Renselaar wants his chance to get by the SCR.

The One driver succeeds in getting by Cartwright.

Here’s the replay of what exactly happened. As we can see from Van Renselaars’s point of view, Jalving was trying for a move on the inside of Cartwright, but locks up and puts his wheels on the grass.

This might explain why Jalving locked up. Cartwright had moved over in an attempt to stop Jalving from making a move on him, which left the MPR driver with no choice but to lockup to avoid a collision.

Schieder is lucky to be able to continue on, as Jalving came so close to drilling the side of his car.

Just before the incident involving Jalving, Nell had succeeded in getting by Gilson.

Back to the front, as Maverick goes for a pass on Greenhalgh.

And looks to have made the move stick…

Argh, we were just about to see if Maverick had managed to stay in front of Greenhalgh, and the camera decides to switch to this battle.

Gilson has managed to close in more on Nell.

Onboard with Greenhalgh now, and the timing shows that he now sits 2nd. So Maverick did end up making his move stick.

It’s still very close between the cars in the top 10.

Elleker is looking for a move on Scala…

Not again. The camera changes just as we were about to see a passing move.

Brunner seems to have his hands full defending 19th from the cars behind him.

5 laps in to the race now, so let’s check the current standings.

Maverick has extended his lead over Greenhalgh.

We go onboard with Van Renselaar, as he attempts to go for a pass on Jalving.

And the One driver has done it. Van Renselaar now sits in front of Jalving.

It’s been a miserable season so far for TNR. Both Horvath and Edwards are at the very back of the field, and don’t seem to have any pace in their cars.

Maverick extends his lead once again.

Scala is doing well at the current moment as he currently sits in 3rd.

The distance between the cars inside the top 4 looks reasonable.

Onboard with Legge shows that he is chasing down one of the JHRs.

Pedersen is having a decent race so far, as we see him in front of Steer.

Greenhalgh has pulled away slightly from Scala.

Greidanus is doing well so far, and is currently running in 6th position.

The same can’t be said for his teammate, who is down near the rear of the field.

We have a battle on our hands between Steer and Nell.

Greenhalgh again has pulled away from Scala. For now, it seems that the VSM just isn’t able to keep up with the MPR.

The onboard view shows just how much distance there is between Scala and Greenhalgh.

Nell has gotten closer to the back of Steer’s Snake, but he isn’t close enough yet to try for a passing move.

0.6s is the difference between Elleker and Rodriguez in the battle for 4th position.

As we go onboard with Gilson, let’s take a look at the current standings.

With a third of the race now completed, it’s now time for a break. We’ll be back soon with more of the coverage.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
mortal Wrote:
> I think we may have a problem with the race
> coverage. Greg has an issue with his computer
> monitor, broken, according to facebook an hour
> ago.

That may be true, but my tv can use the pc's moniter cable. So I can still get the coverage up.

So far so good, making up places without boost seems to be impossible.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Good, saw your post on fb and thought you might be having trouble. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
My race starts are always so meh

My GPGSL Career
Just when I was about to take another bite of my pizza during the overtake I saw someone put anchovies on my pizza!! anchovies!!!! What?? Who did this?

Anyhow, a miracle I didnt crash out of the race.. Thanks to Cartwright ;-)

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
So far so good. The double boost seems to work out and it was lucky that I managed to catch Ed in the first third of the race, after his slight mistake. Yet I don't have a good feeling. The pace of the car is fine so far. But if I get involved in the pit lane drama that might ruin everything. As is for everybody else, of course. So I agree that this version of Montreal shouldn't be used in the future anymore.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Gagh, need to get into the top 10.

I fixed the pit exit bug for last season, however it looks like this season is using a different version of the track unfortunately.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2014 11:36PM by SchueyFan.
still in it! and still in 7th!
Darn! Lost a place but I'm on my way to get it back from Mr. Elleker. Seems that the car still has it...

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
SchueyFan Wrote:
> I fixed the pit exit bug for last season, however
> it looks like this season is using a different
> version of the track unfortunately.

Team Owners hat on here, but if we have got a FIXED version of the pit lane, and this track is NOT being used, if any of my drivers are affected by this, i would be asking the simple question : Why are we using the dud version, not the fixed version?
By what has been said, some drivers WILL be affected. What a shame....
I am all for racing incidents, but if they can be avoided by "us" fixing glitches in tracks, and they are proven to work, why not use them......

Oh well, fingers crossed none of my boys are taken out by this pit exit problem.....or, be prepared for the "why we using this crap version" comment LOL

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GPGSL Rd 6 Canadian GP - Race Day

Part 2

Welcome back.

Scala has managed to extend his gap over Elleker.

Nell looks to have a terminal problem as he has parked his Demon on the side of the track, which causes the yellow flag to come out.

Such a shame too, as he was right on the back of Steer’s Snake just before he pulled off.

As the timing shows, it was transmission failure that brought Nell’s race to an end.

With Nell out of the race, everyone that was behind him has now moved up a position.

While Steer would no doubt be relieved that he won’t need to defend his position, for now at least.

Unseen by the cameras, Warrington has managed to get by Gilson for 9th position.

Maverick has extended his lead once again.

Despite running in 5th position, Rodriguez is still very much in this race.

Gilson currently sits in a points paying position, which is good news for him regarding the championship.

As for Jalving, he currently sits in between Van Renselaar and Cartwright. He’ll be hoping for a miracle if he is to have any chance to make it back into the points.

Back to the front now, and we can see the distance between Maverick, Greenhalgh and Scala.

Pitstop action is now underway, as Steer, Warrington, Moinet and Legge all come in for their stops.

Steer is the big loser, as he has lost a position to both Warrington and Moinet.

Warrington rejoins in 17th, Moinet in 18th, Steer in 19th and Legge in 20th.

Race leader Maverick is in for his stop.

Resulting in Greenhalgh retaking the lead.

This doesn’t look good. As we go onboard with Cartwright, Maverick is just re-entering the track after taking his stop.

It’s too close for comfort between the AMR and the SCR. Can they get through without contact?

Apparently not. Maverick has been sent off the track, while Cartwright regroups and continues on.

Kederer wasn’t able to take advantage of the incident, and remains behind Cartwright. As for Maverick, he was able to recover and now sits in front of the Snake.

Greenhalgh is now in for his stop.

So too is Rodriguez.

Greidanus also comes in for his stop.

In also is Pedersen.

Greidanus rejoins in 12th position.

There’s drama again at the pitlane exit, this time involving one of the VSM’s and the returning Pedersen.

And it’s Warrington. He was running quite well and was on course for a top 10 finish, but is now out of the race as a result of hitting the wall and losing a wheel.

While Pedersen is lucky to escape the incident without any damage.

Scala, Elleker and Gilson all come in for their stop. Also, the timing comes up with the confirmation of Warrington’s retirement.

Schieder now finds himself in the race lead, but he still has a pitstop to make.

Scala rejoins in 4th position.

Something must have happened to see the cars all bunched up together. Maverick has a small gap between himself and the cars behind him, but that doesn’t explain what went down.

Looks like it all started with Elleker locking up to avoid hitting the rear of Rodriguez’s One as he re-enters the track in 7th position.

As he recovers, the other AMR of Maverick looks to be recovering from going offtrack.

Perhaps Maverick didn’t go off by himself. He manages to get by Scala as the VSM driver was re-entering the track.

But a lockup from Scala causes the VSM to run into the back of Maverick’s AMR, causing him to go offtrack.

Brunner hasn’t really been having a good race so far.

Kederer finds himself stuck behind Horvath’s TNR.

McCarthy comes in for his stop.

Brunner is in for his stop as well.

Brunner’s stop was quicker than McCarthy’s, and the Snake driver now finds himself in front.

Here are the standings as they are currently.

Schieder and Cartwright finally come in for their respective stops, and that allows Greenhalgh to take the race lead.

His lead over Scala is just under a second. Scala will need to put in fast laps if he is to have a chance to go for the race win.

As for Maverick, he finds himself defending from Rodriguez. If the incidents he was involved in never happened, it seems most likely that he would still be in contention for the race win.

Gilson puts his new set of tyres to good use and takes the fastest lap.

Cartwright rejoins in 14th position, and finds himself behind Jalving.

As for Schieder, he rejoins in 15th.

With all pitstops now completed, here are the current standings.

One last break before we see who our winner will be. We’ll be back soon.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
erm, sorry John ;) what if I offer you a good Italian pizza after the race? ;)

My GPGSL Career
May as well just pull over and save the miles on the engine... far out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy