GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
I have no problem in keeping the results as they are. @#$%& happens, but I do trust the RD's that we have got. Yes they can screw us over for their personal gain, but I hope this does not happen. This is a game for fun and eternal fame, not for money or real jobs..

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Rod_vs Schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brett Sinclair Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Rod_vs Schreef:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Rico Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > What's you're problem i got 3rd?!:p
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, I know, but I want both cars in top-5!!!
> > =/
> >
> >
> > I know... Sorry boss... I was just skating on
> thin
> > ice... my car just feld like a yacht... I hate
> > rain in Malaysia... to bad for the boost I
> used...
> > damn, damn, damn not good at all.
> >
> > Congra to teammate Rico for 3rd place, well
> > done... pls learn me to drive in the wet !!
>
>
> No problem!! I saw the guilty was the rain!! Rico
> was brillhant!!!

no no no wait, I AM brilliant :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Well that discussion about the validity of the result got serious quickly... I see nothing wrong with keeping the result, Greg has been RD many times in both series without a hint of anything being amiss. If anything I find I'm more likely to engineer a result against my team if I'm RD specifically to avoid this sort of complaint (Not that I ever have!).

As for the result, pretty average in all senses of the word. We can go forwards or backwards so not much we can pick up off to base qualifying on. Hopefully it will be less wet is all I can say.

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]
I am happy to keep the results too, it's all for fun :)

However, I cannot understand why the 'saved game' can't be made at the end of each session as a definitive fallback. This could be loaded and checked if needed as the results can't be forged. That's the only dodgy aspect lacking from this coverage, neither a saved game; screenshots of the later laps; or an end of session screenshot. Oh, and the RD is the leader lol.

Do RD's close GP4 fully and then check FRAPS, surely you minimise with the game still loaded in the background?

On with the next race!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 10:58AM by danm.
I am speaking just for myself, but the results of GPGSL races dont have a life changing effect on how i go about my life. If i win, great, if my team runs well, great. Yes, i want my team to climb the ranks of GPGSL, but i don't take it as a life changing serious matter. So, there is no anger at any forseen "cheating", if it ever happened. If that ever happens, i hope they who may do it, get a kick out of it....

Having said that, i can't see how hard it is to get a shot of the official GP4 standings at the end of a race. I know i never, ever had a problem with FRAPS catching the shots of whatever was on my screen. And losing the shots, could only really be done by human error.
I guess the rumblings over this session have come about, as Greg's renowned impatience at getting results posted has tested peoples patience - then these results get posted, with technical errors, and he sitting atop the standings.... Can only imagine if time was taken to ensure it done properly, and with full session results and pics shown, none of this hysteria would even arise! I have no problem if Greg won the session. If his car was the fastest in the crappy conditions, so be it....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Normally I don't need to keep the game loaded once I finish up a session. I just exit, and go straight to the Fraps folder and see all the screens that were taken. This time though, I saw that the last handful of screens were not there, yet the results screens were there. From what I remember, the time left was roughly 10mins on the last screen I had that is part of the coverage. So why would Fraps not save the screens from the last 10 minutes, yet still managed to save the results screens? It's because of this problem that caused me to say there was a technical problem. I still got to see the second group of drivers finish their second lap, which by then they were all on monsoon tyres.

Hopefully this problem won't occur again. I took John's advice and downloaded MSI Afterburner, and did a test run on the full qualifying while taking screens. And this time I had no problems at all with screens failing to save. So that's why if the board ends up making the decision for the free practice to be re-run, I won't mind having to redo that session. Only thing left to worry about now is hoping Fraps doesn't fail on me when I run the race itself while on 1 second every screen. I'd hate to see over 10 laps worth of screens not being saved while the rest were. Is there anyway to set afterburner to take screens continuosely like with Fraps?

You said the results screens were there, so you just should have posted them instead of this [www.grandprixgames.org]. I mean that's just extra work, and after all that's why I do the tables, to have something that looks a bit better than the ingame screenshots.

As only some screens are missing, and not everything as of a certain point, maybe you accidentally pressed the wrong key and recorded a video instead of screens? Happened to me once.

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
kedy89 Wrote:
> You said the results screens were there, so you
> just should have posted them instead of this
> [www.grandprixgames.org]
> 049605#msg-1049605. I mean that's just extra work,
> and after all that's why I do the tables, to have
> something that looks a bit better than the ingame
> screenshots.
>
> As only some screens are missing, and not
> everything as of a certain point, maybe you
> accidentally pressed the wrong key and recorded a
> video instead of screens? Happened to me once.

That I understand. The results from the Australian GP were done the same way as the free practice results, and I don't recall seeing anyone say anything about it then, so that's why I continued with it. If everyone would rather the results from the game screens, then I can get that sorted out and send it in to replace what is already there.

And as for accidently taking videos, that's not even possible as I have videos turned off in Fraps. So it's definitely Fraps failing to save screens that is the problem.

I see every day the topic and few things happen. I stay a day without seeing it and I have three pages to read ;)

shep34 Wrote:
> I am speaking just for myself, but the results of
> GPGSL races dont have a life changing effect on
> how i go about my life. If i win, great, if my
> team runs well, great. Yes, i want my team to
> climb the ranks of GPGSL, but i don't take it as a
> life changing serious matter. So, there is no
> anger at any forseen "cheating", if it ever
> happened. If that ever happens, i hope they who
> may do it, get a kick out of it....
>
> Having said that, i can't see how hard it is to
> get a shot of the official GP4 standings at the
> end of a race. I know i never, ever had a problem
> with FRAPS catching the shots of whatever was on
> my screen. And losing the shots, could only really
> be done by human error.
> I guess the rumblings over this session have come
> about, as Greg's renowned impatience at getting
> results posted has tested peoples patience
- then
> these results get posted, with technical errors,
> and he sitting atop the standings.... Can only
> imagine if time was taken to ensure it done
> properly, and with full session results and pics
> shown, none of this hysteria would even arise! I
> have no problem if Greg won the session. If his
> car was the fastest in the crappy conditions, so
> be it....

+1 to this.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

what´s going on? i´m getting lost when i try to read it....in short what´s going on? cheating? gp4 just goofing around? the planets where alligned perfectly? george bush is still president?
I don't see why we should doubt the results of the practise session. I think other technical problems have been handled the same way before or when it continued to rain in a session, making further coverage pointless. Besides that we can make liveries in Photoshop, faking the results won't be such a challenge then, right?

Nothing to see here!!! Just dropping in to see how the sister GP4 championship is doing, controversial as always it seems!

A small reminder that the GPGNC is still around and kicking for those who wish to take part... Yeh that is definitely what this post was... why would anyone possibly believe the race coverage was posted in the wrong place... Feel free to come visit us!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2014 11:04PM by GPG_Nations_Cup.
It looks fishy, as does any session run and won by the RD.

But we all trust eachother, there are glitches, and looking at the track again, the top 6 as already mentioned are all the same sort of order they went out in. If the track got wetter, the laps would get slower, so yes, chances are the standings set first would remain quickest.

This has happened before, and other glitches. I've lost race wins and mega points/perf chances numerous times, but hey, its a game.

Credit to Greg for taking the time to run it in the first place, or else we'd have nothing to even talk about ;)

Let's learn from it, and onwards with the main event!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Yeah not quite sure how it escalated that quickly, for mine, I see no reason to doubt the validity of the results.

X (@ed24f1)
I can't believe this result has been called into question. Surely everyone should take Greg's word that no-one else improved their times on their second run, it has never been an issue in the past with other RDs. Or are all RDs going to be looked at with suspicion. If that happens we may as well wind up this series and every one like it now. We are trying to attract new RDs and this episode is not going to help that. Why would anyone get involved when they could have their integrity questioned after all the effort they have put in? Granted Greg should have taken screenshots of the GP4 results screens and I'm sure he will in future, should he wish to continue as a RD. I have noticed a little lack of respect for Greg in the thread even before this episode and I would appreciate it if that stopped. I know he asks a lot of questions, but at least he is actively involved in the series, which is more than can be said for some.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Stoopid Wrote:
> I can't believe this result has been called into
> question. Surely everyone should take Greg's word
> that no-one else improved their times on their
> second run, it has never been an issue in the past
> with other RDs. Or are all RDs going to be looked
> at with suspicion. If that happens we may as well
> wind up this series and every one like it now. We
> are trying to attract new RDs and this episode is
> not going to help that. Why would anyone get
> involved when they could have their integrity
> questioned after all the effort they have put in?
> Granted Greg should have taken screenshots of the
> GP4 results screens and I'm sure he will in
> future, should he wish to continue as a RD. I have
> noticed a little lack of respect for Greg in the
> thread even before this episode and I would
> appreciate it if that stopped. I know he asks a
> lot of questions, but at least he is actively
> involved in the series, which is more than can be
> said for some.

I definitely agree with Stu here on both points. I can understand a lot of the comments about the questions are in pure jest but there are several I've noticed that have gone a little passed that which is not good to see. Considering the complaints sometimes made about inactivity, I never thought I would see the day were activity is getting criticised! Not just here but also the GPGNC Greg has been a huge help keeping things moving forward by being RD so if anything he should be getting a huge thanks. This isn't addressed to anyone particular and as I said most comments are in good humour which as long as Greg is fine with are not a problem at all.

Anyway lets get back to the important matters here, I hopped in my car ready for qualifying but all the controversy and waiting means I'm beginning to get hungry so lets get the show on the road!

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 06:44PM by truecrysis.
What a ridiculous situation.

I really can't believe this idea was even floated, let alone allowed to snowball into an 'official investigation'.

Having active RDs is the key to keeping any series alive. If we're going to start questioning the integrity of the RDs then we might as well call it quits now, otherwise we run the risk of ending up with the same fate as the F1 Manager series.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I believe that I was the first to call the result into question, but it was quite clearly a joke, as evident by the ;) face.

I'm sure you all know that I would have said the very same regardless of who it was.

Greg, if you took offence then my apologies.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
As Danny P. said, please move on and forget this bullsh., pardon my French.

It was meant as a joke, and even if it wasnt we have 98% of the active members saying we beleive Greg. Forget about it and move on.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy