GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
I sincerely doubt anyone would actually think that any blatant cheating would happen in the GPGSL. Surely we are all above that - can only hope this to be the case. As i mentioned earlier, this is all supposed to be fun, and a distraction from the real world. Lets just get on with it....

From memory, when i have RD'd a few events i was always hopefuly "I" would run well, but never actually so well i would win, just so no questions were asked! LOL! I don't think i ever have had to worry abou that arising though....(H)

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Time to move on! I agree with what Stu said

Regarding the results, not too good of a session for me, 11th - fortunately the rain meant I didn't drop anymore back! However I wonder what Jo-Anne could've done since she was the fastest of the second group!

Let's get on with qualifying :)

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
If Fraps hadn't caused me problems by failing to save a handful of screens, then I wouldn't have said there was a technical problem and this whole issue wouldn't have been started. In all other rounds I did the coverage for, not once did I have problems with Fraps, yet all of a sudden it starts playing up on me for no reason at all. The situation regarding the screens not being saved was mentioned in the last part of the coverage:

Unfortunately, there has been a technical problem with the cameras, and as a result the rest of the coverage has somehow been wiped. News from the circuit states that even though there has been a problem, the drivers were still able to complete their 2nd runs, but no improvements were made due to the rain getting heavier.

The screens that I was going to put up if they had been saved were going to show that the track was so wet, the drivers had to go onto the monsoon tyres, and also show how much time was being lost at the end of the lap. Then I would've posted one final screen of the results and end the session. What I don't get is how Fraps failed to save these screens, yet managed to save the results screens.

Let's just put this behind us, and move onto the next session. I have MSI Afterburner now, so I'll use that for taking screens of the qualifying. As for the race, I'll need to test Fraps to see if it'll manage to save screens while taking them every second. As I asked before, can Afterburner take screens continuously like Fraps?

Boring, lets get some racing on the screen

Retro Liveries on the SMD-ZG02![www.grandprixgames.org]
Retro Renders 2.0 on the SMD-ZG02LN![www.grandprixgames.org]
Macca25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Boring, lets get some racing on the screen

+1

I'm all ready to start on qualifying, but until the board gives a decision regarding the free practice, there's not much I can do except for test runs of qualifying. Surely a decision should've been made by now.

Mullet345 Schreef:
> Macca25 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Boring, lets get some racing on the screen
>
> +1
>
> I'm all ready to start on qualifying, but until
> the board gives a decision regarding the free
> practice, there's not much I can do except for
> test runs of qualifying. Surely a decision
> should've been made by now.

Just runit, if the board will clarify the result as null we have to appeal, which may take another week. If they still say the results dont count we will all have to demonstrate en eventually even get riots underway. As you cann understand this can take ages...
So it's time to move on now rather then wait :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
GPGSL Announcement

The results for Round 3 Sepang - Malaysia Testers are confirmed as official. Qualifying for the race drivers can now proceed.

GPGSL Wrote:
> GPGSL Announcement
>
>
> The results for Round 3 Sepang - Malaysia Testers
> are confirmed as official. Qualifying for the race
> drivers can now proceed.

Finally. Alright then, time for me to get started with the qualifying session. I should hopefully have the coverage up within a few hours.

Mullet345 Schreef:
> GPGSL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > GPGSL Announcement
> >
> >
> > The results for Round 3 Sepang - Malaysia
> Testers
> > are confirmed as official. Qualifying for the
> race
> > drivers can now proceed.
>
> Finally. Alright then, time for me to get started
> with the qualifying session. I should hopefully
> have the coverage up within a few hours.

Wow, good news! ;-)

*Finishes his pizza, jumps in the car*

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Pizza handicap, yep, I'll go along with that. ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
GPGSL Rd 3 Malaysian GP – Qualifying

We welcome you back to Sepang Raceway, as we get set for the race drivers to head out for qualifying to determine the grid for the race. We had plenty of issues regarding the outcome of the free practice session, which all started thanks to a “Technical Problem”. Thankfully, these issues have now been resolved, and the results have been deemed official. Hopefully we won’t see a repeat of these problems again anytime soon. Anyways, let’s head down to the track as we get set for the first group of drivers to head out.

Weather Report: Sunny With Light Rain

TNR’s Norbert Horvath is the first one out onto the track.

Maximilian Schieder makes his race debut this weekend, due to J.Warrington’s inactivity penalties. Let’s see how the rookie will cope this weekend.

As Horvath was first out of the pits, he sets the fastest lap.

Moinet in the JHR can’t go faster.

Pedersen on the other hand sets the slowest time out of the first 3 drivers. He must’ve run wide and lost time, which explains why Moinet is now in front of the MAC.

Schieder easily takes 3rd from his team mate.

A good lap from Jalving sees the MPR driver move up into provisional pole.

But soon drops to 2nd as Greidanus goes faster.

Somogyi in his Demon goes quicker than Jalving, and drops the MPR driver down another position.

C.Warrington slots his VSM into 5th position, which then becomes 6th as Rodriguez manages to go quicker.

Cartwright in the SCR puts in a fast lap to take provisional pole.

He is soon demoted to 2nd, as Legge manages to go quicker and takes provisional pole.

Now that the first group of 11 drivers have set their first run, let’s see how the current standings look.

AMR’s John Maverick is the first man out as the 2nd group head out for their first run.

Current championship leader, Joseph Gilson, is next in line.

Scala caused a bit of drama last time out at Suzuka, so let’s hope he won’t cause any problems this time around.

Maverick is unable to take advantage of AMR’s speed, and only manages to take 9th.

Gilson on the other hand, goes 2nd fastest and makes it a 2-3 for SCR.

Van Renselaar goes to 9th with his time, but is soon pushed to 10th as Greenhalgh takes 9th instead.

Steer in his Snake tries his best to set a good lap, but can only manage to go 13th fastest.

McCarthy puts in a good lap, and puts his JHR into 8th position.

Scala’s laptime is good enough to see him take 10th.

Sevastian in the 2nd AMR only manages to go 15th fastest. Looks like the penalty he received for inactivity has affected him severely, and he won’t be too happy with this.

While one Snake looks to be struggling, the other Snake of Brunner makes it into the top 10.

Despite no longer driving in the car of shame, Edwards isn’t able to push his new car to the limits and slots into 19th.

A brilliant lap from Kederer sees the Shadow driver take 3rd position from Cartwright.

With all 22 drivers now having completed their first run, let’s see how the standings look.

Moinet is first out this time, as the first group of drivers head out once again.

Here is the current provisional pole sitter.

Rodriguez and Horvath improve themselves up to 7th and 9th.

Jalving goes better than before, and improves himself up to 4th.

Pedersen overcomes his terrible first run to improve up to 12th.

Greidanus improves up to 6th, while behind him, Somogyi manages to improve up to 7th.

Here are the standings now that the first group has now completed both runs.

Sevastian heads out first as the qualifying session enters the final 10 minutes.

Oh no. Scala has come out of the pits right in front of Sevastian. This is going to be very similar to what happened in Japan.

Sevastian will not be happy right now. He was hoping for an improvement, but thanks to Scala being in front, it means that Sevastian will be starting near the back of the grid.

No problems for Greenhalgh, who seems to have finally found the sweet spot in his MPR as he puts his car into 2nd. Brilliant lap from the reigning champion.

Meanwhile, it appears that his former team seems to be struggling. Maverick improves, but only as far as 15th.

Gilson tried his best to knock Legge off the top, but can only manage 3rd.

Van Renselaar gives it his all in an attempt to make it into the top 10, but can only manage to improve up to 13th.

Steer puts his Snake into 18th, but Edwards goes a little bit quicker and demotes the Snake driver down to 19th.

There we have it. All the drivers have now finished their runs, so let’s have a look at the final standings.

Qualifying has now come to an end, and what an interesting session it was. AMR had a bad session for once, while the top 8 positions were fought between Demon, MPR, SCR and Shadow. And the one left standing at the top is Jake Legge and Demon Racing. Be sure to tune in to see how the race will turn out. It’s going to be very interesting indeed.

Stay Tuned For Official Results

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Wtf :-( i used a boost

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
A solid basis for the race, I hope for a podium finish.

Some F1 CSM mods
1996 | 2000 | 2002 | 2007 | 2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2018
2nd and 5th, a very good qualifying for MPR! Good to see our championship biggest rival AMR down the order.

I have to say, a great result from Ed! So close to a pole position, lets fight for a double podium in the race. For myself a 5th place without a boost is not bad, the conditions were tricky so I am happy.

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
4th and 7th...at least the lads weren't screwed over by the weather like I was ;)

So that's what we could have been doing in FP as well...
congratz Jake on pole, let's hope you will hold on to that position ;)
xSilvermanx Wrote:
> So that's what we could have been doing in FP as
> well...

Yep, given the boost we ran with, that is quite possibly what the Demon machines could have done in FP, if we got to run in the better weather conditions.... Hence my state of pissed-offed-ness! LOL!

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
GPGSL Round 3 Sepang Malaysia Qualifying Official Results

I am most pleased with this!

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
At least in the top 10!
We want to score our first points, nothing more...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy