GPGSL S9 R13 - Austrian GP - A-1 Ring [Race online p205!]

Posted by GPGSL 
Looks like Joseph's got a bit of form today, and Ross was pretty lucky to get back onto the track after that rear-end shunt by Ruben. There's a bit of scrappy driving going on out there. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
What a joke :-(

Some mods
F1 1996 | F1 2002 | F1 2007 | F1 2011 | F1 2013 | F1 2015 | F1 2018
That was a good start for me :-)

My GPGSL Career
A bad start of the race for AMR, but it's always tough when you're at the back of the pack.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Terrible start for Shadow, we have the pace to recover though

wth?!? what did i do??? didnt deserve that.... :( car not feeling good after that aggresive move on me...
I'm wondering a bit how Andrei and me basically swapped places after the start? Suddenly I was at the end of the field and he was 15th, where I started from?! Not blaming Greg, but it's definitely a curiosity...If possible, I'd like to see after the race how that happened.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Welp, it seems Ed's got his revenge for 130R last race...

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Very frustrating to lose Gareth so early on, although I'm confident Eric can pull something out here.

Interested in managing an F1 team? Sign up for the Grandprixgames F1 Manager game here

I'm not so sure boss :(

Not going well, not at all. No points finish this race.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Getting somewhat anxious to see the rest of the race.

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
So far the race looks good, both cars are in the points and I gained a few positions, not sure though what happened to Carlos, he seemed to have dropped a few at one time.

Dang! Another mechanical DNF! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the motorhome sulking :(
GPGSL Rd 3 Malaysian GP - Race Day

Part 2

Welcome back to the second part of the coverage.

Brunner has run wide, and ends up being swamped by the cars behind as he rejoins.

Brunner’s not the only one to have run wide. C.Warrington also runs wide, but doesn’t lose too much ground on rejoining the track.

And along with Maverick and Edwards, C.Warrington was able to get in front of Brunner as the Snake driver was recovering. Behind them, Schieder now has a Shadow right on his bumper.

He decides to try for a move on Brunner, but is too far away for that move to work and has a big lockup.

At least he stays on the track ahead of the Shadow, but has lost a bit of ground to Brunner ahead.

Back to the leaders, and Gilson has managed to make a move on Legge for 2nd.

As we ride onboard with Legge, here are the current standings.

As Horvath defends from Somogyi, we see there is another yellow flag out.

And here is the reason why. Maverick has spun, and is facing the wrong way.

From what the replay shows, Maverick was trying for a pass on C.Warrington. He went one way, but ended up locking up while going the other way, and ends up spinning.

Maverick manages to get going again, but now sits in last place.

Edwards manages to get by C.Warrington, while further behind it appears that Schieder is now behind both Shadows. That means he must have lost the position at the hairpin.

It’s getting too close for comfort, as both Shadows battle it out. But their battle is allowing the cars behind to close in on them.

Onboard with Schieder gives a much better view of the duelling Shadows.

Schieder managed to get by Greidanus, and now has a look up the inside of Kederer.

But he isn’t close enough to make the move, so he falls back in behind the Shadow.

Greidanus decides to try for a move up the inside, while the standings show that Horvath has lost a bunch of places.

He couldn’t get close enough before, but this time Greidanus is close enough to try again for a passing move on Schieder.

But this fails as well, and Greidanus stays behind the MAC.

He may have to start looking out for what is behind him, as Sevastian is now behind him after managing to get by Moinet’s JHR.

Gilson sets yet another fastest lap.

Onboard with Greidanus, as he tries again to make a move on Schieder.

This time he has managed to get in front.

Schieder tries to take the position back, but Greidanus defends his position with ease.

Van Renselaar and Jalving having a quiet race at the current moment.

Horvath was seen tumbling down the order before, and we finally have a replay that may explain how it happened. He was in 4th, ahead of Somogyi and Cartwright.

But he runs wide, locking his brakes in the process.

And is forced to go through the sand to be able to rejoin.

He rejoined in 10th, behind Scala and in front of Steer.

At the back, Moinet makes a move on Maverick and succeeds in getting by.

Van Renselaar doesn’t have much going on around him.

Steer wants to make it into the top 10, and decides to challenge Horvath for 10th. They go side by side.

But Steer isn’t able to get past the TNR.

Onboard with Sevastian, as he gets a bit too close to the back of Schieder’s car.

It appears that Scala has gone off the track. What happened?

It looks like Scala had gotten offline, leading to him running wide and off the track.

At least Scala is able to rejoin the track, but in the process he lost a few positions.

The gap between 3rd and 4th place is massive.

Sevastian looks for a passing attempt on Schieder.

And he succeeds in making the move stick.

Out at the front, Greenhalgh has a 1.3s lead.

We have another yellow flag out. What has happened this time?

This looks to be the reason why. Sevastian has run off the track.

Sevastian looks to be offline slightly.

Which causes him to run wide and spin into the sandtrap.

He manages to get back onto the track, but as fallen back down to last place.

Pitstop action is now underway, as Edwards and C.Warrington take their stop.

But as Edwards was about to leave his pit bay, he is forced to wait as the VSM goes by.

Jalving looks to have gained a bit of ground on Van Renselaar.

We have another yellow flag. What’s happened now?

The MAC Racing car of Schieder looks stranded on the side of the track. And a marshal looks ready to push the car away. But it still doesn’t explain everything that happened.

This looks to be the best explanation. Schieder had run wide and off the track.

He made it back to the track, but it was right in front of the passing cars.

Luckily, they all managed to avoid the returning MAC, except for Moinet in the JHR.

There was contact made, and Schieder’s car had a rear wheel torn off, and Moinet’s front wing was damaged.

Here is confirmation of Schieder’s retirement.

Scala and Greidanus take their stop.

Moinet pits for a new front wing, and most likely his scheduled stop as well.

Sevastian is also in for his stop.

Gilson is the first of the front runners in for his stop.

Somogyi also pits for his stop.

Let’s look at the current standings.

Here is a different angle of Legge’s Demon.

Race leader Greenhalgh is finally in for his stop.

He rejoins the field in 6th.

Rodriguez rejoins in 12th behind Maverick after taking his stop, while Horvath ends up in 13th after his stop.

Brunner rejoins in 15th after taking his stop.

We once again are due for a break. Be sure to keep an eye out for the next part.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
The Demon looks great from this angle:

Not bad! (2)

One Racing driver and team manager
GPGSL-3: champion in 2007/2013/2014!
GPGSL-4: testdrivers champion in Season 11!
Demon schould be in black and flames... don't like the matching colors for the name.

I like the ONE's better.

But that's my opinion. It's te engine and driver that counts, not the color of the car. ;)

GOGOGO... Stefan and Carlos !!!

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2014 05:29AM by Brett Sinclair.
:-( not nice

GPGSL Test Debut: Melbourne, S9 | GPGSL Race Debut: Sepang, S9
First Pole: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
First Race Won: Australia/Melbourne, Season 9
GPGSL Rd 3 Malaysian GP - Race Day

Part 3

Welcome back as we enter the last part of the coverage.

We return from the break to see Legge head in for his stop.

Van Renselaar and Jalving also head in for their stop.

Steer heads in as well.

There is no change in the order, as Van Renselaar retains his position ahead of Jalving.

Steer rejoins the track in 11th, while at the same time Pedersen takes his stop.

Cartwright is in for his stop, and gives the lead back to Greenhalgh. Also, Kederer is in for his stop.

Cartwright rejoins in 5th.

Maverick is in for his stop.

Kederer rejoins down in 13th, just 1 position shy of a points finish.

Maverick rejoins in 17th.

With all of the drivers now having taken their stop, here are the current standings.

Onboard with Gilson, as he continues to chase down Greenhalgh who is just up the road from him.

While behind him, Legge continues to chase down the SCR.

Uh-oh. Greenhalgh has run wide.

He ends up in the sand trap, and only just keeps it out of the wall.

He is able to make it back onto the track, but has lost the lead and 2nd place. He’ll be gutted with his mistake, as he had this race well and truly in control.

And to make things worse, he also loses 3rd to Somogyi.

Another yellow flag?

Here’s why we have another yellow flag. A TNR is off the track. But is it Horvath, or Edwards?

It’s Horvath, and it looks like he had gotten offline.

Which cause the TNR driver to spin into the sand.

Horvath makes it back onto the track, but now sits in 20th. A points finish thrown away with a spin, and Horvath will not be happy with that thought.

Race leader Gilson has a 1.7s lead over Legge.

Jalving has found himself in a One sandwich, even if there is a reasonable gap between Jalving and the Ones in front and behind.

Near the rear of the field, Maverick finds himself behind C.Warrington, while Pedersen tried his best to keep with them.

With the announcement that SCR will debut a new livery for the next round, Gilson would love to give the current livery a fine send off by holding on for the win.

With 20 laps just about completed, let’s look at the current standings.

Legge is comfortably holding down 2nd, as there is no sign of the cars behind him.

As we go onboard with Maverick, we can see he is trying for a passing move on C.Warrington.

But he isn’t able to make it, and stays behind the VSM.

Cartwright tries for a passing move on Greenhalgh.

But fails to make the move stick as Greenhalgh manages to hold his position.

Back to the rear of the field, and we can see that Maverick has finally made it past the VSM.

Further up the track, Brunner is trying for a passing move on Scala.

Back to Maverick, and it seems that C.Warrington managed to retake his position back from the AMR driver.

And now Pedersen wants to get by Maverick.

5 laps left to go.

Here are the current standings.

Legge is trying his best to keep in striking distance for a chance to take the race lead.

Meanwhile, Somogyi looks all alone while maintaining his 3rd place.

But not as lonely as Moinet, who has no one to battle.

Looks like we have a battle on our hands between Greenhalgh and Cartwright.

As Cartwright keeps onto the back of Greenhalgh, the current top 10 standings shows how they have moved since the start of the race.

Jalving looks to have his current position secured.

Onboard with Cartwright, and we can see just how close it is between the SCR and MPR.

Into turn 3, and Cartwright has a look up the inside of Greenhalgh.

And he makes the move stick. Great move by Cartwright.

Greenhalgh has a look up the inside in an attempt to get his position back, but isn’t close enough and loses time to Cartwright instead.

Because of this, it has allowed Van Renselaar to close in and join the battle.

Kederer and Brunner are having their own battle, which looks to be in Brunner’s favour at the current moment.

Greenhalgh has been dropped a position. How did this happen?

As the replay shows from onboard Van Renselaars’s car, he goes up the inside of Greenhalgh.

And manages to get past the MPR. That’ll put a smile on Rodrigo’s face.

With the race almost finished, here are the current standings.

Looks like bad luck strikes again for Greenhalgh, as he locks up and runs wide.

He only loses 1 position as he makes it back onto the track.

Scala is seen in the standings in 13th position. Seems the cameras missed what happened to the VSM driver, as he was in 9th at some point.

We are now on the last lap.

The battle between Kederer and Brunner has been bumped up a notch, as Kederer looks to the inside for a passing attempt.

And he makes the passing move stick.

Maverick is back in front of C.Warrington once again. Looks like he made a successful passing move on the VSM at some point which the cameras had missed.

It’s been a brilliant drive from Gilson all race. He managed to keep with the leaders for most of the first part of the race, and once he got in front of Legge it was just a matter of chasing down Greenhalgh for the lead. And after Greenhalgh gave up the race lead due to his off, Gilson took the lead and never once looked back.

Gilson crosses the line to win the Malaysian GP.

Legge finishes in 2nd.

And Somogyi rounds out the podium with 3rd.

Congratulations go to Joseph Gilson and SCR, winners of the Malaysian GP.

Stay tuned for the official results.

Race Director: Ernie B. Ecclescake

GPGTV Youtube Channel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy