GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
JohnMaverick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Something else, and Ruben, imagine, this time it's
> not Zandvoort! ;)
>
> As nice as the track is, but there where still
> many incidents, despite the AI mistake reduction.
> What I found even more striking, however, was that
> both polesitters lost their pole at the start,
> which is due to the CC-line of the first corner, I
> think. So, if this track shall be used next season
> again, I'd vote that we ask for permission to
> rework the CC-line, so that the polesitter not
> automatically loses one or two places at the
> start.

I do agree that the CC-line for the first lap is weird, as the front car either goes really defensive and both cars lose a lot of time, or the behind car gets through forcing the front car really wide where they end up losing a bunch of places. As for the point about the polesitter, that isn't necessarily true for every race. In fact pretty much every test i did to check everything was working fine before the round saw the pole driver stay in pole, it's just for some reason during the event they started slowly. A cc-line rework wouldn't hurt though!
AI didn't seem to be affected by the reduction to 20... in fact a lot of the incident were very similar!

As for the weekend... qualifying was pretty terrible for both me and Gary so we didn't expect much. To be taken out of the race by Gary is another thing altogether though... Whilst i am naturally slightly angry about the whole situation, i do understand that once he got on the grass he was a passenger for the incident... A miserable end to a miserable weekend, on the bright side at least Dominic did well!

About the streaming, thanks for all the participation in terms of comments, charrel for his interview and all the positive feedback about the round! It was actually pretty fun to do especially with all the participation from everyone, so i would have no problem doing it again some time! Glad everyone enjoyed it :)

For a list of EVERY download for GP4, look here: [docs.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2013 10:31PM by truecrysis.
wow, epic coverage! very well done :-)

the race itself was pretty entertaining. especially monil did a great job to grab 4th (Y)
my race was wasted after the first two laps, just lost too many places there. 11th is not too bad, though. i'm happy we managed to get a decent haul of points for the team.

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
ArseEndOfTheGrid.com Interview - Jake Legge

Jake, you seemed to have a dreadful time out there, what happened?

Well, I started at the back, then finished there. At least I was consistent...but in all seriousness it was just such a difficult race. I wasn't set up at all for qualifying; having never been on this track before I went for something that would usually be considered conservative. But it seemed to just affect me badly and thus I ended up...well, at the arse end of the grid! My pitstop was great and managed to get the jump on people like Jalving and Hinz, but probably took too much life out of the tyres too early to try and stay ahead.

You're canning the Alesi helmet, any reason for that?

I thought, maybe I'll try and get some of Alesi's speed with it, you know? Turned out I got his luck...so I thought I'd go back to my old design but with light blue instead of grey to make it stand out a bit. I did well with that previous design, and it's all about mentally getting yourself right isn't it? So maybe this might be a psychological plus.

What are your hopes for the next race?

I'm not expecting a lot, to be honest. I came 8th in practice last year, but I don't think I'll match that. Just a nice mid-grid qualifying result will make me happy. It'll be nice if I'm not on the last two rows.

I know we're only in the first half of the season, but do you have any plans for next year?

Nope, no plans. I'm just focusing on doing my best for Demon right now.

You've got a team on the waiting list, what's happening with that?

That's a tough one. I've got a sneaking suspicion at least someone will pull out at the end of the year, but I don't know for sure. And then, I've got Jack (Hunsley) and Ruben in front of me. Both have top drives, so I do wonder whether they'd give them up for teams. I've read Jack's interview and he seems fairly eager; couldn't tell you what Ruben was thinking. If they elect not to bring teams in, I'd definitely bring Revolution in.

And if Revolution don't move into the GPGSL...?

Then I've no idea, I'm afraid. I've not spoken to anyone, and won't do until at least after Austria.

Thank you. Sorry for the result.

Thank you.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
JohnMaverick Wrote:
> not Zandvoort! ;)
>
> start.

Or just move pole to the other side.

X (@ed24f1)
another shittie result........ :(
The AI errors being reduced to 20 did have a big impact on the race compared to the testers race IMO. Although there were nearly as many retirements in the main race, I felt there was less incidents. It's just unfortunate that a larger proportion of those incidents led to retirements.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
That was indeed a great race. Plenty of action and plenty of incidents. Everyone here at Christel VXR are quite dissappointed to see a podium taken from Pederson after being the innocent bystander in Greenhalgh's incident. At least he got the fastest lap, which shows that Christel have the speed. Time to bring on Interlagos.

@captainfranko, what happen to the announcement of Christel's new engine supplier for S9? I thought you were going to announce it during the full feature race?

Mullet345 Schreef:
> That was indeed a great race. Plenty of action and
> plenty of incidents. Everyone here at Christel VXR
> are quite dissappointed to see a podium taken from
> Pederson after being the innocent bystander in
> Greenhalgh's incident. At least he got the fastest
> lap, which shows that Christel have the speed.
> Time to bring on Interlagos.
>
> @captainfranko, what happen to the announcement of
> Christel's new engine supplier for S9? I thought
> you were going to announce it during the full
> feature race?

He did, directly after the start ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Wrote:
> Mullet345 Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That was indeed a great race. Plenty of action
> and
> > plenty of incidents. Everyone here at Christel
> VXR
> > are quite dissappointed to see a podium taken
> from
> > Pederson after being the innocent bystander in
> > Greenhalgh's incident. At least he got the
> fastest
> > lap, which shows that Christel have the speed.
> > Time to bring on Interlagos.
> >
> > @captainfranko, what happen to the announcement
> of
> > Christel's new engine supplier for S9? I
> thought
> > you were going to announce it during the full
> > feature race?
>
> He did, directly after the start ;-)

Odd. I don't think Conner mentioned it. And if it was revealed in the comments I couldn't see them (as I missed the stream and so watched the video through Youtube) and so I don't know the new supplier.

JohnMaverick Schreef:
> not Zandvoort! ;)
>
> start.

Bring back Zandvoort I will say.

My Grand Prix 4 Files

I'm a total dick. How many people can say that?
Turbo Lover Schreef:
> JohnMaverick Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Something else, and Ruben, imagine, this time
> it's
> > not Zandvoort! ;)
> >
> > As nice as the track is, but there where still
> > many incidents, despite the AI mistake
> reduction.
> > What I found even more striking, however, was
> that
> > both polesitters lost their pole at the start,
> > which is due to the CC-line of the first corner,
> I
> > think. So, if this track shall be used next
> season
> > again, I'd vote that we ask for permission to
> > rework the CC-line, so that the polesitter not
> > automatically loses one or two places at the
> > start.
>
>
>
> Bring back Zandvoort I will say.

Agree! I still really dont like it that there is no race in the Netherlands. If Zandvoorts wasnt possible couldnt we have replaced it for Assen? Now I have no home grand prix :/

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
West African Delight for MPR

Martini Paddock Racing team boss, Dan Paddock was full of praise for his team after they finished 6th and 7th in Boromo.

"I'm absolutely chuffed with 6th and 7th after what was a horrible qualifying session for the team", the Englishman explained to GPGSLTV.

"Both the boys were great out there today and we couldn't have asked for anymore from them.

"It was nice to see Jack get a decent finish after a couple of tough races, although ideally we would have liked to see Charrel pick up the extra points in his title push.

"This was a massive all round team effort and everyone involved deserves a huge pat on the back."

Paddock pointed out the importance of the result from the teams standpoint as MPR try to chase down defending champions Aston Martin Racing.

"Most importantly it was a good haul of points for us in the Constructors Championship, made just that little bit better by Ed failing to finish the race.

"We also need to keep an eye over our shoulder at True North and OneRacing, the later of which have been excellent in only their first season in the GPGSL.

"Everyone at the team is giving there all to keep in touch with Aston Martin, as we move into a period of the season that we have struggled in historically."

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 01:46PM by Ferrari2007.
Great race for me, I thought it was over for me when I lost about 2 or 3 seconds during the pitstops, but boy was I wrong there. It seemed as though Maverick was driving on cheese or something like that, I was between 0.5 and 1 seconds faster then him per lap. Even though I was soo much faster then him overtaking him was still very difficult and when Greenhalgh and Pedersen caught up with us fighting I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to hold my position. I was lucky that Ed didn't hit me, he could well have taken me out too.

This win helps a lot in both of the championships and is a massive boost for team morale. Connor should do more of these races where I win LOL Great job btw on the coverage, I loved it. (Y) Although I must say I'm a little biased LOL

But to be honest the CC line is crap. In the first turn there is a massive improvement to be made, so that people trying to overtake won't lose one or two seconds, that's just waaay too much. Also the two turns where we saw most of the action I think need some editing, CC line wise. There must be a small error in that CC line that leads to all those accidents, but only an improved CC line will prove whether or not that is really the case.

TNR driver Norbert Horváth reported to the press, that he's fine after his crash at the Boromo circuit.
He'll be in the car for the next GP. Congratulated his teammate, the team needed a good result...
MPR To Start The Anniversary Celebrations

Martini Paddock Racing will kick off the GPGSL's 5th Birthday Celebrations later this year with a trackday at Donington Park.

The team will be bringing a chassis from each season of its participation in the GPGSL as a treat for all it's loyal fans.

Drivers from the teams past have been invited to attend and it is hoped that the event will be a great spectacle for all involved.

The team has also welcome other squads to hold events of their own to celebrate 5 years of the GPGSL.

Jack Hunsley's Race Engineer, Rusty Spoon, could barely contain his excitement at the announcement of the trackday.

"I can't wait to see some of the old girls in action again after so long in storage.

"I'm sure it will awaken a tonne of memories for everyone involved with the team.

"It's been an event that we have been thinking about running for a while and we think the 5th Birthday of the GPGSL is a perfect ocassion to celebrate both our teams, and the leagues history."

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2013 03:54PM by Ferrari2007.
Ferrari2007 Schreef:
> MPR To Start The Anniversary Celebrations
>
> Martini Paddock Racing will kick off the GPGSL's
> 5th Birthday Celebrations later this year with a
> trackday at Donington Park.
>
> The team will be bringing a chassis from each
> season of its participation in the GPGSL as a
> treat for all it's loyal fans.
>
> Drivers from the teams past have been invited to
> attend and it is hoped that the event will be a
> great spectacle for all involved.
>
> The team has also welcome other squads to hold
> events of their own to celebrate 5 years of the
> GPGSL.
>
> Jack Hunsley's Race Engineer, Rusty Spoon, could
> barely contain his excitement at the announcement
> of the trackday.
>
> "I can't wait to see some of the old girls in
> action again after so long in storage.
>
> "I'm sure it will awaken a tonne of memories for
> everyone involved with the team.
>
> "It's been an event that we have been thinking
> about running for a while and we think the 5th
> Birthday of the GPGSL is a perfect ocassion to
> celebrate both our teams, and the leagues
> history."

Ohhh man! Ive heard plans of this event for a while now, but im looking forward to it! Its a milestone for the GPGSL that has been around for 5 years then, just awesome!

I sure do hope I can also get a few rounds in one of the old MPR cars. Driving in the season 1 car would be a dream come true. I joined this series in the second season, so driving an season 1 car would just be amazing! A brief look at the history of the GPGSL!

Boost Announcement

Applications for team and driver boosts for round 8, Brazilian Grand Prix, Boromo Superveloz are now open. The closing date is 8pm GMT Thursday 28th February 2013. For team boost please use the subject "Team Boost - (team's name) - Interlagos". For drivers boost "Driver Boost - (driver's name) - Interlagos". Boost Applications must be sent to the GPGSL.

SEASON 8 Race Calendar

The GPGSL reserves the right to change venues for S8

Round 1: Albert Park, Australia - Winner: Joseph Gilson - Southern Cross Racing
Round 2: Adelaide, South Australia - Winner: Ed Greenhalgh - Aston Martin Racing
Round 3: Marina Bay, Singapore - Winner: Ben Johnson - Scuderia Minardi
Round 4: Sepang, Malaysia - Winner: Owen Edwards - True North Racing
Round 5: Suzuka, Japan - Winner: Charrel Jalving - Martini Paddock Racing
Round 6: Montreal, Canada - Winner: Matteo Scala - Scuderia Minardi
Round 7: Boromo Superveloz, South America - Winner: Stefan van Renselaar - One Racing
Round 8: Interlagos, Brazil - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 9: Spa-Francorchamps, Belgium - 75% - 40 AI Errors
Round 10: Classic Hockenheim, Germany - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 11: A1-Ring, Austria - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 12: Imola, San Marino - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 13: Monza, Italy - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 14: Monte-Carlo, Monaco - 19% - 80 AI Errors
Round 15: Magny-Cours, France - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 16: Nurburgring Nordschleife, Luxemburg - 19% - 40 AI Errors
Round 17: Silverstone - Britain - 75% - 40 AI Errors

7 winners from 6 different teams, thats pretty cool. I stil hope I will be the first to win 2 races ^^
Cant wait till the points tables are online, this was an awesome race weekend!

Minardi is still the only team to win more then one race this season, lets get to more as 2 :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
Rico Schreef:
> Minardi is still the only team to win more then
> one race this season, lets get to more as 2 :D

Respect for that, but MPR will follow soon ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy