GPGSL S8 Round 14 -Monaco Grand Prix - The RD's Short Straw >> SHOCKING NEWS AT PAGE 204!!! <<

Posted by GPGSL 
Mullet345 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are teams allow to test privately? If that's the
> case then maybe Christel can have a private test
> session later on. That is if captainfranko will
> allow it. It would be a good chance to help fine
> tune the Audi engines so they can be ready for S9.
> And I'm helping to paint Christel's test livery
> for the tester's sessions, but I don't know if it
> will be ready in time for Interlagos. I need to
> know the font used for Christel's driver name and
> numbers, as well as the sponsors along the bottom
> of the sidepods. Once I get these then I can
> finish the livery. And also, where can I find the
> Haybarn Glass logo?

There's no logo per se, its just my mates glass company.

GPGSL - Christel VXR team Boss S6-S8, S12 Onwards

Hmmm, the old private test trick eh? Hmmm...interesting.....(I) Demon Racing may need to run a LOT of these to get up to speed....

GPGSL Team Owner Debut - Melbourne, Season 8 - present
GPGSL Test Debut - Hungary, Season 4. GPGSL Race Debut - Adelaide, Season 5.
Mullet345 Wrote:
> Are teams allow to test privately? If that's the
> case then maybe Christel can have a private test
> session later on. That is if captainfranko will
> allow it. It would be a good chance to help fine
> tune the Audi engines so they can be ready for S9.
> And I'm helping to paint Christel's test livery
> for the tester's sessions, but I don't know if it
> will be ready in time for Interlagos. I need to
> know the font used for Christel's driver name and
> numbers, as well as the sponsors along the bottom
> of the sidepods. Once I get these then I can
> finish the livery. And also, where can I find the
> Haybarn Glass logo?

I used the font Futura-Condensed-Bold on the driver names when I updated the liveries. I think the numbers and Haybarn Glass logo uses the same font.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian
Demon Racing CEO press release :

After approval from his wife, Glen will be attending the F1 event in Melbourne on race day, armed with his camera and notepad, ready to do some recon surveillance on the F1 field. Improvements to the Demon Racing chassis and aero package will no doubt follow....

I will be on the couch. The travel costs to Melbourne from Byron is unfortunately exorbitant. I could probably spend a week in Bali for less, not that I'd want to anyway.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I went every year from 96-08 for all 4 days of the event, and loved it every single year. Life changed a bit from 09, and me and my mates decided we had done enough time at the GP for a while. Since 2010 though, i have gone for at least 1 day. This will be the first time i go on a general admission ticket. Not expecting to get a great view this time....!!! May just find a good spot in the bars, with the huge tv wall to stare at....!!!

Alright. Seems I can get both Tester's and Full Driver mods working. I should be able to RD a round sometime this season. Only thing I need to know is what settings I need to use, and which trackpack to use. Can anyone help me with these?

Back on topic.
It has come to my attention that there has been a couple of incidents regarding contracts. As the GPGSL does not have written and binding contracts they are what I would call a 'Gentlemans Agreement' and in the spirit of the series they should be adhered to. I wont go into specific details on the who or the what, suffice to say that some team owners are displeased with the circumstances.
I would not like to see the GPGSL bring in a rule that penalises drivers and teams for breaking contracts.
Contracts between drivers and teams, driver swaps, on loan or whatever the case may be, the terms must be clearly defined and understood by all parties affected. That way there should be no argument and all should be aware of their obligation to uphold the agreement. That is all ladies and gentlemen. Carry on. :-) (I can say that now lol)

Edit: On reviewing the rules on contracts, as head of the governing body of the GPGSL I must enforce them, therefore a penalty will be applied to one driver and one team for dishonouring the contract. This penalty will not be made public.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 10:09AM by mortal.
mortal Schreef:
> Back on topic.
> It has come to my attention that there has been a
> couple of incidents regarding contracts. As the
> GPGSL does not have written and binding contracts
> they are what I would call a 'Gentlemans
> Agreement' and in the spirit of the series they
> should be adhered to. I wont go into specific
> details on the who or the what, suffice to say
> that some team owners are displeased with the
> circumstances.
> I would not like to see the GPGSL bring in a rule
> that penalises drivers and teams for breaking
> contracts.
> Contracts between drivers and teams, driver swaps,
> on loan or whatever the case may be, the terms
> must be clearly defined and understood by all
> parties affected. That way there should be no
> argument and all should be aware of their
> obligation to uphold the agreement. That is all
> ladies and gentlemen. Carry on. :-) (I can say
> that now lol)
>
> Edit: On reviewing the rules on contracts, as head
> of the governing body of the GPGSL I must enforce
> them, therefore a penalty will be applied to one
> driver and one team for dishonouring the contract.
> This penalty will not be made public.

I beleive i recall some sort of contractual obligation was made in W300/WGP. It was a pretty basic something (crap my english is getting worse)so that people could exactly see how long the contractual agreement was and how and when it could possibly be terminated.

Mostly jsut stating: "If Team and Driver agrees to part ways on both sides" something like that. And now i just wrote that i realise thats just a gentlemans agreement aswell :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If in doubt, Flat out."
mortal Schreef:
> Back on topic.
> It has come to my attention that there has been a
> couple of incidents regarding contracts. As the
> GPGSL does not have written and binding contracts
> they are what I would call a 'Gentlemans
> Agreement' and in the spirit of the series they
> should be adhered to. I wont go into specific
> details on the who or the what, suffice to say
> that some team owners are displeased with the
> circumstances.
> I would not like to see the GPGSL bring in a rule
> that penalises drivers and teams for breaking
> contracts.
> Contracts between drivers and teams, driver swaps,
> on loan or whatever the case may be, the terms
> must be clearly defined and understood by all
> parties affected. That way there should be no
> argument and all should be aware of their
> obligation to uphold the agreement. That is all
> ladies and gentlemen. Carry on. :-) (I can say
> that now lol)
>
> Edit: On reviewing the rules on contracts, as head
> of the governing body of the GPGSL I must enforce
> them, therefore a penalty will be applied to one
> driver and one team for dishonouring the contract.
> This penalty will not be made public.

May I ask why it is not public? I do wonder now, the driver penalty I know who thats about. But the team penalty?

And I wonder what the penalty is, like a reprimande or a perf deduction?

Race starts: 141 | Points: 886 | Podiums: 35 | Race wins: 10

Follow me on: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
In this case I have to agree with Charrel, Mal. You act according to the rules and the penalty for the driver - if it is the one we all think of - is totally grounded in the rules. The team...depends on the specific situation and the background, which neither of us seems to know, other than the involved parties and probably Mal. I disagree, however, to keep this penalty secret. If there is a penalty is has to be announced so that everybody involved in the league knows what the status is and why the penalty has been given exactly.

GPGSL : Team Owner of 'Maverick Track Performance' (MTP)
Well, seeing as I calculate the perfs and I know nothing of any penalties, the perfs will stand as saved after Thursday's boost deadline.

5 x WCC - S5, S6, S7, S8, S10 | 4 x WDC - S5 Nick van der Voort ; S6, S7, S8 Ed Greenhalgh | 2 x WTC - S6 Stuart Ingers; S8 Andrei Sevastian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 06:06PM by Stoopid.
Mullet345 Wrote:
> Alright. Seems I can get both Tester's and Full
> Driver mods working. I should be able to RD a
> round sometime this season. Only thing I need to
> know is what settings I need to use, and which
> trackpack to use. Can anyone help me with these?

Let me know which round you want to RD and I will send you the relevant track and all other settings. There will most likely be new mods too as there will have been changes made since the last updates.

Happy with the way the race went, good to be in the top 10 all weekend.
We will have to get more results like this so we can keep in contention for the championship.
Looking foward to Brazil.
Since Boromo was the Pizza GP I propose Interlagos as the tropical pineapple pizza GP. Bloody delicious. :P

Stats: 139 Starts / 7 Wins / 9 Poles / 5 Fastest laps
Carlitox Schreef:
> Since Boromo was the Pizza GP I propose Interlagos
> as the tropical pineapple pizza GP. Bloody
> delicious. :P

Agree!

Charrel Wrote:
> Carlitox Schreef:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Since Boromo was the Pizza GP I propose
> Interlagos
> > as the tropical pineapple pizza GP. Bloody
> > delicious. :P
>
> Agree!

Pizza again?

Carlitox Wrote:
> Since Boromo was the Pizza GP I propose Interlagos
> as the tropical pineapple pizza GP. Bloody
> delicious. :P

Fruit + Pizza = No

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unless I'm very much mistaken... I am very much mistaken!
The penalties for breach of contract are stated in section 22 of the rules. At this point in time there is now GPGSL discussion on the situation as previously in the history of the GPGSL Rule 22 has never been applied. Therefore we have what is known as a precedent. Given that the hour was very late when I was first notified of this, I chose to make a quick announcement in this thread, which in hindsight may not have been a good idea.

The rules for contracts, as they currently exist, are not as clear cut and water-tight as they could be in my opinion, and it could be argued that a loop-hole or two exists. This is something the GPGSL needs to take a good look at, to address the wording and clarify them so they cover all possibilities, and right now, the rules appear not to cover all eventualities.

The GPGSL will change the rules on contracts once the wording has been agreed on, thereby closing any loop-holes that teams and drivers can use to their advantage.

Therefore the current contract grievance will likely not incur a team and driver penalty. The GPGSL reserves the right to change the rules as necessary. We will keep you advised on the situation.

Thank for for the clarification Mortal. I think this way is the best way to solve it and make sure it wont happen again. I must admit that its good that there are rules for this, but it needs to be more clear/needs some additions maybe indeed.

Good to hear likely no penalty will be handed out, I think in this case a reprimande/warming might make more sence. But I think its more miscommunication between the different parties

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy