2010 European Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Re: 2010 European Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 26, 2010 05:31PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
A good qualifying session. Red Bull were almost underestimated in the lead-up with McLaren's win in Canada and the big upgrades for Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes. Its good to see all three of the big teams strong moving into the 2nd half of the season.

btw, Button has a new helmet

I don't know why he had to change it, his helmet (the blue one in particular) was one of the best.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 26, 2010 06:52PM
Posted by: kubica2
Im expecting kubica to finish higher then he is starting. he was up there with redbull on the prime tyres, its only the otion tyres which didnt work for him, he went slower, so change them after 10 laps tomorrow and he should put in a good drive.
Date: June 26, 2010 06:55PM
Posted by: kubica2
interested to compare the lap times in the qualifying sessions from last year and this year, most teams wen faster then last year, while mercedes didnt get near their (brawn) cars lap times of last year.
Date: June 26, 2010 07:06PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
i think it has all to do with the mercedes's idea of saving money. they have the samllest staff from the top teams, the lowest budget as well, and they should know better than anybody that money is 75 percent of one TEAM today.
it makes me really really sad to see M.S. so far behind on the grid for a 2 nd race running and nico is there as well. Lets not forget that nico is one of the best qulifyers out there.
Niki Lauda said something very interesting after the qualfying today. he sad that the way from the wind tunnel development to the implementation of the new parts on the cars in reality, goes through the simulator, where all the new elements are tested. and he said that maybe mercedes's simulator is not as good as mclaren's or red bull's. again ... it all comes to money too.
it will be interesting for me to hear other peoples opinions, whether or not mercedes can win a race this year or at least take 1 or 2 pole positions
Date: June 26, 2010 07:22PM
Posted by: senna9194
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Singapore is awesome.

... .

are we talking of the same track? :P

My GPGSL Career
Date: June 26, 2010 07:45PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> it will be interesting for me to hear other
> peoples opinions, whether or not mercedes can win
> a race this year or at least take 1 or 2 pole
> positions

I doubt it, their car, and probably their drivers as well, are inferior to the main 3 teams (and possibly Kubica as well). I imagine they will start moving onto 2011 soon.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 26, 2010 07:48PM
Posted by: Slash
mitadumapaga Wrote:
> mercedes can win
> a race this year or at least take 1 or 2 pole
> positions

Renault's been faster than them in race trim for th epast coupleof races, it was on qualify where they wheren't exploting their full potential, now i can say they overtaken them.
at least these new updates show some potential for Ferrari, but for Mercedez they don't show jack, unless it rains, or something extraordinary happens in the next few races, they'd be lucky to get a podium
Date: June 26, 2010 07:56PM
Posted by: chet
Renault have been this seasons revelation. What a performance jump by them.

Just comparing their car 1 year on is amazing, then do the same with RBR and Merc. Impressed by Renault. I was one of those who thought their success was down to 2 things, Michelin and Alonso. And I guess I wouldnt be wrong still, its just this is the first season since 06 where they have shown the ability to develop and improve the car at a sustained rate. They look like a team who can bag that (maybe) lucky win this season...

Not sure what to think of JB's new helmet. I think the term 'modernised' suits it well! But I did like his old one, it was one of the best, and atm I would say the new one is nowhere near as good :(

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 27, 2010 01:28AM
Posted by: harjinator
i fell asleep during qualli. never managed that before!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 27, 2010 09:09AM
Posted by: alexf1man
I switched to MotoGP on BBC Red Button at times, was disappointed when Red Bull locked out the front row AGAIN :(

harjinator, how can you fall asleep unless you're either very tired, or in a country faraway from Europe?
Date: June 27, 2010 10:19AM
Posted by: zapppa
Red Bull has ride height control mechanism?? Listen...the car touch without fuel...
Marc Genè has this suspect..

how they can improve 0.5 in Q3? Maybe lowering the car?
All others drivers improved max 0.1...

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 10:32AM by zapppa.
Date: June 27, 2010 12:22PM
Posted by: gav
zapppa
Red Bull has ride height control mechanism?? Listen...the car touch without fuel...

Oh not this again...

The McLaren was touching the ground in qualifying. I heard the Ferrari in FP3. The Merc I heard in either FP3 or qualifying. The Virgin was even throwing up sparks!

The only difference Red Bull have is the ability to run the car low, while keeping the car (looking) quite soft. The way the drivers (Vettel in particular) can squirm the car around mid-corner and on the throttle makes it seem very easy to drive and it doesn't look as stiffly-sprung as the McLaren certainly. Soften the springs to the extreme your (proper) racing sims and you'll see what I mean when you watch an onboard of the Red Bull car.

But all the cars are touching the ground at high speed, not just the RBR.
Holy @#$%&! I had a heart attack when I saw Webbers car in the air. Thank god he is alright.

Does he get some points for hitting the DHL ad?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 02:22PM by mclarenaustralia.
Date: June 27, 2010 02:24PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Fhfrxbgdsfvhytfb hell.

Biggest crash since Canada '07 surely? Big inquest looms.
Stupid Stefano Domenicalli! Wrong call for Ferrari drivers! You dont deserve to be a team principal of the team. You should be ashame of yourself.
Date: June 27, 2010 02:42PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Don't know what Heikki wanted to achieve by fighting Webber their, was absolutely pointless.

Date: June 27, 2010 02:43PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Lewis under investigation yet again this year..

Edit: Love how Whiting only gives the penalty once Hamilton has enough space to stay 2nd position.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 02:54PM by y2cwr2005.
Date: June 27, 2010 02:47PM
Posted by: senninho
Webber really needs to buy a lottery ticket after walking away from that...

Date: June 27, 2010 02:56PM
Posted by: Slash
ha! that was ridiculous!....
Date: June 27, 2010 03:02PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Pfft. Ferrari-Alonso fanboys stop complaining. It was a honest mistake, not a precalculated malicious action like say, having your team-mate crash so you can win the race.

He made a mistake, he paid for it.

Hard lines, life goes on.

STFU.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy