2010 European Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by MikaHalpinen 
Re: 2010 European Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 27, 2010 04:37PM
Posted by: Morbid
The way race control handled the safety car deployment is a joke. It leaves such an unsatisfying feeling... sports should be about the best man winning, not random punishment through poorly handled safety car launches.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: June 27, 2010 04:43PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> poor poor ferrari. they never can think quickly on
> their feet.

What tactical error did Ferrari make? It wasn't their fault they got caught behind the SC

> why did ms have to stop at the end of
> pitlane - was it because the filed was streaming
> past at the time?

The red light was on.

> and will he actually go through
> a race this year without making a gazillion
> pitstops.

To be fair to him and Mercedes, the extra pitstop wasn't a bad idea. Firstly, his team has had brake problems, so sticking in traffic wasn't a great idea. Secondly, he was already last in the pack, so he may as well pit and catch them again (which he did)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 27, 2010 04:53PM
Posted by: Ilkayplaya
You can tell what you want but Hamilton is a f****** cheater!!! He ruined Ferraris race and got a great penalty which didn't make any difference in the end.
Date: June 27, 2010 04:58PM
Posted by: marcl
I can understand Alonso being upset but even had lewis not passed the safety car Alonso would have still finished where he did.

Lewis would have passed it before the line had he not slowed down alonso would not have. At 1st I thought lewis was getting a penalty for going to fast as we saw Vettel and Lewis pit even before Ferrari had got there. Maybe Lewis should have stayed behind but as he said he thought he was passed and once he was I think he still would have got a penalty by letting it back pass I dont know the rules.

The way Alonso is making it sound is that Lewis fully intended to over take the car and I dont think he did, he said he thought he was passed before the line. Anyway Alonso has got lucky this year with the safety cars this time he did not.

It reminded me of Singapoure few years back when they took to long giving Nico a penalty.

For me the penalty should be a stop go as he did gain more than a drive through by passing the car.

Best bit it my mate the MS fan thinks Lewis penalty was not a penalty so I just pointed out MS at Silverstone :)

Fantastic drive by Kobyashi and the moves he done at the end of the race were great no settling for 1 point there.

I have worked out that if they are all given 20 sec penalties Button will still finished 3rd with Kobyashi 4th alonso 5th.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 05:04PM by marcl.
Date: June 27, 2010 05:03PM
Posted by: Slash
marcl Wrote:
> I can understand Alonso being upset but even had
> lewis not passed the safety car Alonso would have
> still finished where he did.
>
> Lewis would have passed it before the line had he
> not slowed down alonso would not have. At 1st I
> thought lewis was getting a penalty for going to
> fast as we saw Vettel and Lewis pit even before
> Ferrari had got there. Maybe Lewis should have
> stayed behind but as he said he thought he was
> passed and once he was I think he still would have
> got a penalty by letting it back pass I dont know
> the rules.
>
> It reminded me of Singapoure few years back when
> they took to long giving Nico a penalty.
>
> For me the penalty should be a stop go.
>
> Best bit it my mate the MS fan thinks Lewis
> penalty was not a penalty so I just pointed out MS
> at Silverstone :)

haha, good one

Ilkayplaya Wrote:
> You can tell what you want but Hamilton is a
> f****** cheater!!! He ruined Ferraris race and got
> a great penalty which didn't make any difference
> in the end.

is not Lewis's fault the stewards took too long, the whole thing was a disaster, and penalizing 9 cars now would just make it worse, there's no way they can cover up all the mistakes they did, it would just confuse us all
Date: June 27, 2010 05:09PM
Posted by: marcl
Plus the safety car is meant to pick up the leader so they should have waved lewis, Alonso and everyone past anyway and they did not. A few drivers and complaining how long it actually took to deploy the safety car.

I really do not think Lewis done anything on purpose, when though people are making it sound like he did.

Thank god Webber is ok, it was a nasty crash.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 05:12PM by marcl.
Date: June 27, 2010 05:37PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
lol @ England score
Date: June 27, 2010 05:55PM
hehe nice days for Germans... i noticed Horner saying to Sebastian after the race somthing like "this is Germany's best score today", and then Jenson talking about the match before going to the podium
Date: June 27, 2010 06:06PM
Posted by: chet
Got a feeling many of those investigations after race will be the same.

JB was in the last few corners when SC was out, and so naturally his laptime would be quicker because the previous part of the lap was done at full speed. Should be no penalty.

Still, JB was awful slow today. Even ill say a lucky 3rd!!!!!

Man of the race? Well no question, Kobayashi!!!!!!!!!!

Hints of Sato overtaking Alonso there ;-)! Got to say as much as I respect Alonso I got tired of his moaning voice today and being overtaken by Kobayashi was awesome to watch :p! What a driver! But yeah Alonso moaned too much today. He should shut up and get on with the job.

On Mclaren as a whole, well great race. Lewis was awesome and made JB look like a snail today! It bodes well for Silverstone, if the Mclaren was this quick without the big upgrades (i know Valencia isnt a true judge) but still. My prediction for Silverstone.

Same as Turkey in that it will be a RBR v's Mclaren fight! but Mclaren to make it another 1-2, i hope its JB topping the podium this time though :p

Great race for Rubens !!!!! Disapointing for Kubica though, I cant help but feel in clear-air he would have made it a 3-way fight.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 27, 2010 06:16PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i think ms was on for a good result, he was in 3rd when he pitted. because of the red light he fell to the back....come on england...in 2014!

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 06:23PM by rapid_f1.
Date: June 27, 2010 06:33PM
Posted by: gav
chet
Man of the race? Well no question, Kobayashi!!!!!!!!!!

Between he and Rubens certainly.

Calling the crash 100% Webber's fault. He's hardly unknown for being sucked in and misjudging the braking points of others (even as recent as Melbourne) and it is fully the responsibility of the driver behind 95% of the time. He should know that the Lotus can't brake as late as the best car on the grid, and boy did he pay the penalty.

Lucky boy - he was inches from smacking his head on the raised kerb, and equally it could have been another Marco Campos.

I don't agree with Stirling Moss often, but once more I'll raise his theory that drivers simply don't respect the safety of each other because the sport is too safe.
Date: June 27, 2010 06:35PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
The FIA has given out 5 second penalties to JB, RB, NH, RK, VP, AS, VL, SB and PDLR.

By my calculations, this means that Alonso goes from 9th to 8th and Rosberg goes from 12th to 10th.

gav Wrote:
> Between he and Rubens certainly.

Why Rubens? I don't think he was overly spectacular, just lucky with the SC circumstances, as many others were, and drove a solid race at a track where you shouldn't be passed. I would same the same for Kamui if it wasn't for his late race overtaking as well. If there was no SC, he would have stayed 7th the whole race, most likely.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 06:42PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 27, 2010 06:40PM
Posted by: marcuzzi
chet Wrote:
> Got a feeling many of those investigations after
> race will be the same.
>
> JB was in the last few corners when SC was out,
> and so naturally his laptime would be quicker
> because the previous part of the lap was done at
> full speed. Should be no penalty.

Yes. But you can't improve your laptimes with SC signals and yellow flags, even when you are not behind the SC.

> Still, JB was awful slow today. Even ill say a
> lucky 3rd!!!!!
>
> Man of the race? Well no question,
> Kobayashi!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Hints of Sato overtaking Alonso there ;-)! Got to
> say as much as I respect Alonso I got tired of his
> moaning voice today and being overtaken by
> Kobayashi was awesome to watch :p! What a driver!
> But yeah Alonso moaned too much today. He should
> shut up and get on with the job.

Yes. Lots of moan. But the championship leader got 18 points doing something punishable, and he, who could have scored 15 doing the same, got only 2. This means 13 point lost with the leader.

You can't complain about bad luck with SC and its rule. But the feeling is even worse if you think on this.

I agree with a previous post. Now that refueling is not allowed, pits should be closed during SC. Another possibility is leaving the pits open, and then run the SC for a couple of laps and let cars take their position before the SC (even if this could be hard to apply).
Date: June 27, 2010 06:45PM
Posted by: marcuzzi
SchueyFan Wrote:
> The FIA has given out 5 second penalties to JB,
> RB, NH, RK, VP, AS, VL, SB and PDLR.
>
> By my calculations, this means that Alonso goes
> from 9th to 8th and Rosberg goes from 12th to 10th

5 seconds based on what? If they raced faster with yellow flags, it is a DT = 25s. If they didn't, then they shouldn't be punished. WTF!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2010 06:45PM by marcuzzi.
Date: June 27, 2010 06:51PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
This race - FARCE

Date: June 27, 2010 06:55PM
marcuzzi Wrote:
> SchueyFan Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The FIA has given out 5 second penalties to JB,
> > RB, NH, RK, VP, AS, VL, SB and PDLR.
> >
> > By my calculations, this means that Alonso goes
> > from 9th to 8th and Rosberg goes from 12th to
> 10th
>
>
> 5 seconds based on what? If they raced faster with
> yellow flags, it is a DT = 25s. If they didn't,
> then they shouldn't be punished. WTF!

Stewards are allowed to give whatever punishment they consider appropiate, from 1 second penalty (they should've done that with Michael in Monaco), up to drive throughs, stop/go, and so on....

they all deserved a lot more, yes, but i believe is their way of saying, "yeah we punished them, but everything remains pretty much the same, as everybody watched"

my man of the race, would be between Kobayashi an the Stewards... they stole the spotlight away from everybody
Date: June 27, 2010 06:57PM
marcuzzi Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Got a feeling many of those investigations
> after
> > race will be the same.
> >
> > JB was in the last few corners when SC was out,
> > and so naturally his laptime would be quicker
> > because the previous part of the lap was done
> at
> > full speed. Should be no penalty.
>
> Yes. But you can't improve your laptimes with SC
> signals and yellow flags, even when you are not
> behind the SC.

My point was JB said he had the saftey car warning when was appraoching the last corner (at full speed). Besides its been done, 5sec penalty.

>
> Yes. Lots of moan. But the championship leader got
> 18 points doing something punishable, and he, who
> could have scored 15 doing the same, got only 2.
> This means 13 point lost with the leader.

Thats racing, besides Lewis got punished. It just so happened he was quick enough to exit the pitlane still in 2nd. Whats Alonso gonna do now, complain Lewis is too quick? Alonso's engineer told Alonso to concentrate on his own race and rightly so.

Date: June 27, 2010 06:57PM
Posted by: ipswich2007
There is a quote by Alonso on autosport that said "I followed the rules and get 9th" "Lewis ignored them and finished 2nd" i think that really sums up the fia this year , pathetic decision to only give 5 secs should definitely have been 20+

why do they not just bring back red flags - the show would improve (an added restart , starts are always fun) and it would mean things like the tyre wall and debris can be sorted properly without having to rush. instead we are left with this situation where nobody except sebastian vettel finished morally where they should have done.

FIA - sort it out, you are ruining a fine season.

Date: June 27, 2010 07:03PM
Posted by: zapppa
I hope Ferrari will not race next GP
Date: June 27, 2010 07:12PM
I dont know about the other drivers, but JB only knew of the saftey car in the final part of his lap hense the reason for his laptime, and hense only a 5second penalty. So going by that and knowing Rubens and Kubica were only a matter of seconds behind JB its fair to assume the same, that they knew of the SC only in the final parts of there laps.

As for Lewis, he got a drive through but was quick enough to finish 2nd still..

Whats the issue??? Is it just that he finished 2nd and Alonso finished 9th? Because thats all I see atm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy