2010 Canadian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by matt3454 
Thats michael schumacher, he still have that brutal trick that i liked naturally on him, and look how mediocre that wgp001 when it comes on graining condition, damn its durability is worse than hrt, twitching on every corner, loosing too much spinning on tires causing too much revolution on straight speed.
Re: 2010 Canadian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 15, 2010 10:05AM
Posted by: marcl
The only thing that really bugs me with the Massa one was how early MS broke that lap, but did not the lap before or the lap after with the Force India.

There was no need fo Massa to hit him as MS should not have moved back over like that and that is my problem with it. But others were doing that in the race as well just not so last second.

As people have said it was not the corner with Kubica that people had a problem with it was before it and tbh had MS not put him on the grass neither of them would have gone off at the next turn and you cannot blame Kubica for not backing off he would have been angry. This is what I was trying to explain to my mate who is also a huge MS fan. If that was Lewis putting people on the grass he would have gone mad to which he did admit, he was more bothered by Lewis and Alonso in the pit lane and lewis vs Vettel than the stuff MS was doing that actually involved contact.

With the Force Indias MS did nothing wrong at all.

if you watch the race all the damage to MS car was caused by him anyway. He hit the back of Kubica at the start, he then went off the road trying to defend .

Brawn got that race so wrong, MS would have lost less time stopping again for new tyres as other showed and MS probably would have got points that way.

Up to the Kubica problems MS was driving really well, but Nico had him this weekend and probably would have finished higher up had he not lost so many places at the 2nd corner getting stuck behind Massa.

This is how I see it anyway.

I do have to admit Button is proving me wrong this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 11:23AM by marcl.
Date: June 15, 2010 11:26AM
Posted by: gav
marcl
This is what I was trying to explain to my mate who is also a huge MS fan. If that was Lewis putting peolpe on the grass he would have gone mad to which he did admit.

No more than with MS. We said exactly the same about MS's move on Massa that we did on Hamilton's on Petrov at Sepang and when he hit Massa at Melbourne.
Date: June 15, 2010 12:33PM
^Yes very true. Only we all said what lewis done was wrong but HE still says MS done nothing wrong in Canada and it was the fault of everyone else.

Even to the point that it was Kubica's fault at the start that MS drove into the back of him.

But as he said the fact that no one took action over what happened shows MS done nothing wrong. So maybe we are being to harsh and its ok to push someone on the grass etc :)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 12:57PM by marcl.
Date: June 15, 2010 01:34PM
He didn't push Kubica onto the grass. MS just started coming across the track. He didn't do what he did to Alonso at Silverstone, he just said "this is where I'm going, you're behind, it's up to you if you want to drive on the grass, have an accident or back off".
Date: June 15, 2010 02:15PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> alonso is driving as well as I have seen him, in
> not the fastest car.

Really? Alonso is driving decently, but I don't think anywhere near his career peaks in the last few races. I don't think he would have been baulked in traffic like that in the past, not to mention the mistakes in Turkey and Monaco.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 15, 2010 03:10PM
Posted by: chet
The incident where Button got past was particulary interested.

Alonso knew he had Button close behind, and to me it seemed Alonso panicked with the traffic and drove offline to try and rush past.

Now we all know it's the lapped cars which should and do move over, we never usually see the top teams having to drive offline to get past. To me it was a simple case of Alonso reacting maybe too quick to a situation.

Alonso hasnt appeared to have a great season so far but looking at the points he has been there or thereabouts especially compared to Massa! I dont think their car is much slower than Mclaren but Mclaren as a team right now are by far the best in every way. Each driver is driving 100% mistake free (when it matters). One issue at Monaco with Button, but otherwise the team is doing a wonderful job leading both championships with not the quickest car.

RedBull havent appeared to learn alot from last year. IMO they should have and could have scored 1-2's at every race so far (bar Canada maybe). They've had the car, just either hte team or drivers have let the side down. It should have been Button/Brawn domination this first half.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 15, 2010 03:22PM
Gav Kubica looked anough along side for MS not to move mover like that and put him on the grass, Kubica is not the sort of driver that would back off. Yes MS did not push him on the grass but it was rude.

Kubica was never going to slow down enough for the next corner though.
alonso's style doesnt fit well on that ugly f10, once clusmy move from him it will end up finish no higher than no point. not like on his groove tires days
Date: June 15, 2010 08:51PM
Posted by: alonso0506
RebelWithoutaCause schrieb:
> alonso's style doesnt fit well on that ugly f10,
> once clusmy move from him it will end up finish no
> higher than no point. not like on his groove tires
> days

wtf first off al the f10 isint ugly look at redbull or virgin these cars are ugly. But i think alonso had bad luck this year in melbourne were he had bad start and then got touched by jenson and spun and he fighted back to p4. China was jump start but what other mistakes did he do so far tell me if i missed some lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
Date: June 15, 2010 10:04PM
What's hurt Alonso is that he's had issues (some of his own making) when he's been strong. Given how the car has suffered of late (Montreal excluded) that may have wrecked his title chances. Ferrari aren't exactly renowned for their pace of development.

He's not having a great season, but even with all his problems, he's still destroying his team-mate, who was part of the furniture at Ferrari, by 27 points.

I'm not sure what this shows more. That Alonso takes time to feel fully settled in a team (as he did at McLaren, before it swung completely) or that the Renault is a car which is very, very easy to drive near the limit, which Kubica seems to be demonstrating this year too. It's probably a mixture of the 2.

Alonso doesn't seem to work so well with the slicks though. He was mighty impressive in 2008, way beyond everyone else IMO, while in 2009 he was still very impressive, while not looking quite as dominating.
Date: June 15, 2010 10:28PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
to be having the problems hes had (whether of his own making or not) and still be where he is in the table is very good.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: June 15, 2010 11:33PM
Posted by: SAMF1
RebelWithoutaCause i don't like your avatar

Date: June 16, 2010 12:01AM
Posted by: Slash
that's not an avatar, is a vampire
Date: June 16, 2010 12:53AM
alonso0506 Wrote:
> RebelWithoutaCause schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > alonso's style doesnt fit well on that ugly
> f10,
> > once clusmy move from him it will end up finish
> no
> > higher than no point. not like on his groove
> tires
> > days
>
>
> wtf first off al the f10 isint ugly look at
> redbull or virgin these cars are ugly. But i think
> alonso had bad luck this year in melbourne were he
> had bad start and then got touched by jenson and
> spun and he fighted back to p4. China was jump
> start but what other mistakes did he do so far
> tell me if i missed some lol

Crashed into the wall at Monaco.

Canada I think he drove well, what I liked was Lewis vs Alonso 100% fair and Alonso vs Button 100% fair. It was great close racing with drivers that all respect each other and none done anything stupid. Its clear Lewis and Alonso are over their problems and can race like that did with no problems, great to see.

But the reason he is so high in the table is due to safety cars. Australia he would not have finished where he did without one, same in China etc. But you make your own luck and Alonso has so good luck to him. Had any of them races completed with no safety car he would have got lower end points and not looking so good in the table.

Lewis and Button have also gained with safety cars and problems with others so it all balances out tbh. RBR drivers have not gained a thing, they have only lost out.
Date: June 16, 2010 01:07AM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
doesnt it always seem so though for schumi :) . everytime he starts a new challenge it takes going through great difficulties to achieve it.
especially at 1996 mid season, end 1997, middle 1999, end and beggining of 1998, mid 2000 when the mclarens made 30 points lead for schumi to 6 points lead to Mika,
2005 indy, 2006 monaco, 2002 austria and indy ....
and now i still remember how relaxed he came back to the sport. at all the interviews he tried to give as much time as possible to the journalists, to the fans. and now he was again tottaly in pain after canada. i guess i can finally understand why juan pablo montoya retired from f1 so young. very pity but maybe truth. :(
Date: June 16, 2010 08:43AM
Posted by: vesuvius
gav Wrote:
> What's hurt Alonso is that he's had issues (some
> of his own making) when he's been strong. Given
> how the car has suffered of late (Montreal
> excluded) that may have wrecked his title chances.
> Ferrari aren't exactly renowned for their pace of
> development.
>
> He's not having a great season, but even with all
> his problems, he's still destroying his team-mate,
> who was part of the furniture at Ferrari, by 27
> points.
>
> I'm not sure what this shows more. That Alonso
> takes time to feel fully settled in a team (as he
> did at McLaren, before it swung completely) or
> that the Renault is a car which is very, very easy
> to drive near the limit, which Kubica seems to be
> demonstrating this year too. It's probably a
> mixture of the 2.
>
> Alonso doesn't seem to work so well with the
> slicks though. He was mighty impressive in 2008,
> way beyond everyone else IMO, while in 2009 he was
> still very impressive, while not looking quite as
> dominating.

2008 Alonso was very good at the later half of the season yes but the early part he did as many mistakes he has done now same goes for 2009...but the truth is he hasnt got a good team mate those years so we really can't say how good work he did, if Kubica had been his team mate he could have done similar results. 2007,2008,2009 and 2010 all these years Alonso has done lots of mistakes that he didnt use to do in 2005 and 2006 (maybe because the car was so good).

he is fast no doubt about that but with mistakes he has done this year, he is lucky that he is still in title fight but that mainly because RedBull has screwed up many races and safety car has helped Alonso in three races (Melbourne,China and Monaco).

and one thing I don't like is that at the beginning of the season he said F10 is the best car he has ever driven with but after few races he tells that Ferrari team hasnt developed the car at all and they are on par with Renault etc, but he is part of the team, he should work with them as a team and not whine in public.
Date: June 16, 2010 09:23AM
I won't pretend he didn't make mistakes in 2008, but it was clear from the outset he was busting a gut trying to get as close to the front as possible. Look at Spain - he was absolutely awesome on a track where it's hard for a driver to make the difference. His Singapore weekend (regardless of Piquet) was one of the best performances I've ever witnessed. The guy was driving out of his skin.

As to complaining about the lack of development - the entire team is saying the same - that they've concentrated too much on the f-duct. What's Alonso meant to say when asked about the cars lack of pace? "Yeah, I am happy. This is where we need to be. P12 on the grid."
Date: June 16, 2010 11:21PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Ross Brawn said MS had bad graining on his rear tyres so had to brake earlier than previous laps, regarding the incident with Massa. i definitely thought he would get a penalty for that though, either time penalty for the race or a grid-drop at the next race.

and i don't know if it's been said already, but there was nothing wrong with the incident with Kubica at the chicane IMO. when you look from Kubica's onboard, they didn't touch yet he didn't and wouldn't have made the chicane, he was too tight and MS took the correct natural racing line in terms of the turn in for the corner. had MS turned in, Kubica would have driven straight into him. even on the forum straight after the race they criticised MS for the chicane, not just the pushing onto the grass which i agree was bad, but Kubica could have backed out instead of going on the grass.

and Lewis and Alonso in the pitlane was absolutely fine, Alonso was released a fraction of a second before Lewis so caught him and got alongside, the lollipop man on Lewis's car wouldn't have even seen Alonso when he committed to release Lewis. good hard racing IMO.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: June 16, 2010 11:58PM
Posted by: chet
Alonso-Lewis was fine,they respected each other and the release was safe, just Lewis didnt get of the line well. It was also nice to see Alonso not following in Vettels footsteps and trying to ram Lewis into other pit boxes ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy