Date: June 13, 2010 07:27PM
Posted by: raulongo
No SC... Really?

raulgullon.com -
Wedding and Motorsports Photography.
Re: 2010 Canadian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 13, 2010 07:31PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
lots of questionable driving today by quite a few of them...

Hopefully Massa can get a consolation fastest lap now....

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 13, 2010 07:49PM
Posted by: marcl
Fantastic race really one of the best one for ages.

I was a bit shocked that there was no mention of the Mclaren pit stop, as it must have affected Alonso.

Kubica should not get away with doing that move on Sutil going into the pits, that was one of the most dangerous things I have ever seen.

Bad luck for Sutil getting that flat tyre as well.

As for MS maybe should get 2 penalties, he used to get away with that not any more was dirty and dangerous.

So much weaving going on in that race by a number of drivers.
Date: June 13, 2010 08:03PM
Posted by: Slash
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The the accident at the final corner was Kubicas
> fault. He was pitting but defended anyway, cut
> back behind Sutil then cut the tyre as he slipped
> round.

it was a dangerous maneuver, but Sutil was the one who triggered it
he passed Kubica on the outside and as they where wheel to wheel he moved to the inside to force him back, so Kubica went to the outside... had Sutil stayed in the inside Kubica would've gone straight to the pits

instead Sutil moved to the outside at the last minute

let's wait to see what happens but i can predict Mclaren just gettin a fine for the pit incident

the indtrocution of Drivers as Stewards have only caused the opposite of what we all asked.. more impunity
Date: June 13, 2010 08:12PM
Posted by: chet
Great race.

First 15laps were the best ive ever seen!

Mclarens release of Lewis was fine imo, Lewis just didnt get good enough drive out the box and thats what cost him imo. It was much better than Vettel and Lewis!

Anyway, Lewis was untouchable today, he showed he had some in reserve but a great backup drive from Button from a poor saturday! Great move on Alonso!

Mclaren now imo will not budge from the top of either table! That team in every way is simply amazing! Two top drivers as close as anything in perfect harmony with each other, if ones not there the other will be. What a team! Great to see Ron so relaxed and real! A huge change from when he was last on the pitwall!

Great race in all, Schumacher should start reapplying for his super-license! what a poor poor drive with poor race craft! Reminds me of Hungary 06! in a wheel-to-wheel battle he isnt stuborn, he's just plain stupid and dangerous!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: June 13, 2010 08:14PM
Posted by: danm
Heidfeld needs to replace Schumacher pronto. His driving was appauling today, regardless of the tyre situation.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 13, 2010 08:18PM
i think Michael did a good race considering the tyre problems, he was well positioned, and if anything he avoided a collision with crazy as usual Kubica

nobody said anything aboout Alonso poor performance last weekend. but whenever Michael does anything unusual, everybody wants a piece
Date: June 13, 2010 08:21PM
I don't know about being sacked yet, but it was a terrible performance by Schumacher. He's showing that mentality of not relenting at any cost which has damaged his career for so long. As chet said, it also reminded me of Hungary 06. A big step backward after all the progress he made since Barcelona.

Nice work from McLaren - the F-Duct proves its worth its weight in gold once again.

Good to see Ferrari with some more speed, it will make it very interesting going into the middle phase of the season. A pity for Massa though, he probably deserved a point after displaying good race pace, and a great overtaking move on Sutil.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 13, 2010 09:17PM
Posted by: EC83
Great race, and it's fantastic also to see the field closing up in terms of the pace between the frontrunners as the season progresses, a lot like it did last year TBH.

Great win from Lewis, managed the race quite nicely once he got back in front of Fernando. Good drive up to 2nd from Jenson as well. The Macca is certainly a very strong and solid car, and they're suddenly looking very strong in the title battle.

Great to see an incident-filled race, even without a single SC! The first 16 laps or so were just awesome.

MS had a promising start, then drove pretty shockingly(in terms of his behaviour obviously) and just acted like a cock. His move on Massa was unbelievable. I see I'm not the only one who thinks it's the worst he's driven since Hungary 2006.

danm Wrote:
> Heidfeld needs to replace Schumacher pronto.

You are joking, right?
Heidfeld, parachuted into that Merc mid-season, would be hopeless. Even an off-form Schumacher is still much better than him anyway.

Date: June 13, 2010 09:50PM
Posted by: danm
But Schumacher's driving today was downright bad. Cheating his way around the track would be an understated description. How many times did he cut those corners or dart across questionably to postpone being overtaken before it's more than a coincidence? I see exactly where Brundle's take on gaining/losing a place mentality fits here.

Sure, he still has that 'fighting edge' but that sort of style doesn't fit today's race society.

Any credibility of the first part of the race was lost by just any one of his variety of shifty moves in the other half.

Again, just my view, but I think Schumacher is taking up a race seat worthy of someone else.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 13, 2010 09:54PM
Posted by: gav
Schumacher's move on Massa was inexcusable, and he deserves to get a suspended ban for that. His first move on Kubica was naughty (tempting him off road without shoving him), but the 2nd was fine. Kubica took a plunge at a car completely ahead of him with a gap which was closing rapidly. That they didn't both crash is pure luck.

Kubica's move on Sutil was unreal. Fair enough, Sutil started to move to the inside, so Kubica went to the outside before the braking zone caught him out, but if you're unsure, just slow down earlier. You can't assume the guy is going to keep moving across. It's not his job to make your pit entry easier. A shame for Sutil once more.

Petrov should also have a suspended ban for his start-line antics. Not enough to jump the start, he proceeded to drive on the grass, lose control and was incredibly lucky that he didn't spear a car or 2 and that de la Rosa was as alert as he was and did well in minimising the damage to both cars. Once more he's shown he's got some decent speed but has shocking decision making and a hopeless lack of race craft. He got beat by Heikki FFS.

Speaking of Heikki, epic. Just epic. His qualifying lap was equally awesome. The guy is having an unbelievable season and is rapidly turning into a favourite of mine. He's lapping up the underdog status in the sort of way Frentzen and Verstappen did.

If that's not enough, the race up front was great too. Hamilton and Alonso were brilliant, and Button did well to minimise the impact from his lack of outright speed - his driving style helping him no end.

I feel sorry for Webber - he was in a no-win situation there, just trying to eek out another 5 seconds, which seemed very likely at one point, and it just didn't quite happen before his tyres fell apart. Incredibly close to a win, yet finished 5th! Challenging for the lead isn't bad for someone who started 7th.

McLaren and Alonso did very well to manage the Red Bulls in terms of strategy. Not much RBR could have done about it, but the McLaren and Alonso had to be lap perfect to keep them behind.

Massa was a mess. Managed to hit Liuzzi 4 times in turns 1 and 2 and nearly spun Button in turn 1. Maybe Liuzzi was to blame for the 1st contact, but Massa was hopeless for the other contacts, almost as if he was exacting revenge.

The backmarkers were a bit messy, but it's not an easy track to let people through on - it's narrow and flowing and offline is dirty.

Overall a fantastic race. You expected a high-speed accident at any moment, there were tyres falling apart after 7 laps, cars scrapping for position, cars 3-wide for position, brilliant overtaking moves, people using back-markers to line up passes, it had it all. That's the sort of excitement that none of the new tracks can generate. Hopefully someone points that out to Mr. Senile.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:09PM
Posted by: vesuvius
yeah Heikki is really getting everything out of Lotus and showing the upper hand against Trulli, were Jarno always complain about the car all the time, Heikki seems to be more positive and motivation is high :) Heikki is also showing that even if he failed at McLaren (not the right working environment for him) he is very fast drive even on races and not just qualifyings were he shined even at McLaren :)
Date: June 13, 2010 10:24PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
guys are you nuts or what ?????
schumacher did everything right from start to end (ok admit that he was a bit lucky with the start acident between liuzzi and massa, which helped him gain positions) BUT :
1)kubica was all to blame for the accident against schumi ! he braked so late that he couldnt make it properly through the corner and put them both into trouble
2)michael drove 35 laps on the soft tyres. Sure he will be easy overtaken in the end. it is a miracle that he held massa and liuzzi for so long to be honest
3) in the last 3 races (i dont count canada to it) schumi crashed rosberg in every single race !! Now he was @#$%&*d up from the circumstances and all of you are against him. Besides : despite all his problems today he was only like 8-10 sec. behind rosberg when the tyres started to absolute have no grip at all (the lst 10 laps or so) !
So dont speak things that are not right. it just shows that you dont understand the sport at all.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:31PM
what people seem to criticize is Michael's aggresive driving against Massa and Liuzzi

but i saw Liuzzi causing a collision in T1 and nobody attacks on him, maybe he was overagressive on Massa but Felipe was never side by side with him, he had every right to move to the outside.

but even if he caused a collision, he prevented one with crazy overoptimistic Kubica going trhough the first chicane..

i feel had it been Hamilton everybody would be just saying "oh you know he's just agressive"

brit broadcasters are very hard on Michael. but he wasn't doing a bad race compared to Rosberg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 10:32PM by Slash.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:34PM
No penalties for MS :(
[www.autosport.com]

I never thought I'd say this, but I think the stewards might be too lenient this year.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 10:54PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:40PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
> No penalties for MS :(
> [www.autosport.com]
>
> I never thought I'd say this, but I think the
> stewards might be too lenient this year.

well Felipe is very good friends with Michael and he respects him a lot, so he was probably diplomatic and didn't speak to negative about the incident.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:40PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
are you crazyyy ! why does schumi has to get penalties ! give enalty to hamilton for unsafety release from the pt. or to kubica for risking a biiiig crash with sutil.
all schumi is doing is hard racing. the same kubica and liuzzi and hamilton and on some occasion alonso do. the same that vettel did in turkey.
and his penalty in monaco was too harssh too. the guy is driving the hell out of that mercedes. and all of you guys were pointing out how good rosberg is. FOr me personally top 3 out there for sure. still michael beat him in 3 races so far. and you still critisice the guy. He said it all: "mercedes are not one year project for me".
Date: June 13, 2010 10:48PM
Posted by: gav
mitadumapaga
are you crazyyy ! why does schumi has to get penalties ! give enalty to hamilton for unsafety release from the pt.

Hamilton didn't drive into someone at 190mph.

Slash
but i saw Liuzzi causing a collision in T1 and nobody attacks on him

Then you haven't been reading other peoples posts.
Date: June 13, 2010 10:54PM
gav Wrote:
> Massa was a mess. Managed to hit Liuzzi 4 times in
> turns 1 and 2 and nearly spun Button in turn 1.
> Maybe Liuzzi was to blame for the 1st contact, but
> Massa was hopeless for the other contacts, almost
> as if he was exacting revenge.

It was clumsy, but Liuzzi didn't give him much room

Looking at the video again, he actually turns in front of him (0:34)

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 13, 2010 10:55PM
Posted by: marcl
What a joke Kubica and Jamie got told off for there moves, MS got 100% away with what he done in that race.

MS fans dont ever moan again about the driving standards of Lewis and some others, complete joke that MS gets away with these things all the bloody time.

So its not ok to weave, its not ok to cut infront of people to go in the pits. But it is fine to put someone on the grass and push them off the track.

Have tbh when I heard who would be helping the stewards this weekend I did think it was a strange choice.

But whatever time to move onto the next race.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 11:10PM by marcl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy