2010 Canadian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***

Posted by matt3454 
Re: 2010 Canadian Grand Prix ***SPOILERS***
Date: June 12, 2010 02:33PM
Posted by: gav
Just had a look, and it was christened 'Albert' and introduced in December 2004. It was replaced in December 2006 (though now with BMW backing) by Albert2 which was itself upgraded early last year.

I presume that Sauber still have this system.
Date: June 12, 2010 08:03PM
Posted by: EC83
Nice one.

Date: June 12, 2010 08:07PM
Posted by: EC83
What a lap from Lewis! I've been tough on him at times I'll admit, but credit where credit is due. A balls-out lap finding 1/4sec on the RedBulls on a second flying lap on softs. That was epic. :D

Date: June 12, 2010 08:10PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Fantastic qualifying sesssion!

Great lap by Lewis. It was a terrific moment to see Lewis pushing his car down the back straight as well!

Excellent work by Liuzzi as well!

X (@ed24f1)
Date: June 12, 2010 08:10PM
Posted by: Slash
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a lap from Lewis! I've been tough on him at
> times I'll admit, but credit where credit is due.
> A balls-out lap finding 1/4sec on the RedBulls on
> a second flying lap on softs. That was epic. :D

yes, only Lewis prevented RBR from getting another pole!!
it was a nice lap.. all or nothing

race is going to be interesting, i can see the RBR racing Lewis on the first couple of laps, i don't know who besides Lewis will start with soft.. with all the tyre problems no one is favourite for tomorrow, but the battle will be intense

my money is on Alonso and Jenson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 08:11PM by Slash.
Date: June 12, 2010 08:11PM
Posted by: marcl
Best quali sessions for years was really edge of seat stuff.

Not sure if Lewis will keep the pole though, I have seen people run out of fuel before but what will happen? I am sure Mclaren know the rules though.
Date: June 12, 2010 08:15PM
Posted by: aagancia
OK, Great lap by Lewis. But he did it with an unfair advantage of having less fuel than the Red Bulls. He did not have enough fuel to get back to the pits.

I'm not sure about the regulations about it this year. But in the past, there were regulations requiring cars to get back to pits after qualifying. Otherwise, all drivers would have to walk back or be fetched by the safety car.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 08:43PM by aagancia.
Date: June 12, 2010 08:19PM
Posted by: vesuvius
Red Bull's werent even after the pole, they choosed harder tyres that are maybe a great choice for the race.
Date: June 12, 2010 08:23PM
I do have to agree I think Mclaren have made an error with tyres but who knows.

Alonso could jump them at the start as he is on softs as well.

Just a bit worried that Lewis could lose that lap, but the session is over after the flag so dunno.
Date: June 12, 2010 08:30PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
I'm surprised that the Red Bulls were the only major cars to run hard tyres in Q3. I would have thought for drivers like Kubica, Rosberg and co, it could have been a useful experiment.

EDIT: Also, the Ferraris had much longer runs on their soft tyres than Lewis, so that will be a disadvantage in the race. An early SC could be interesting.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 08:32PM by SchueyFan.
Date: June 12, 2010 10:38PM
Posted by: mitadumapaga
does anybody has the MS times on his last run where he had to cut off the chicane ??? i wonder if he would have done it into q3. he only needed about 0.180 sec
I think Robert Kubica is on hard tyres, too.
Date: June 12, 2010 11:32PM
Hamilton reprimanded after qualifying.

Lewis Hamilton was fined and reprimanded by the Canadian Grand Prix stewards following qualifying for the Montreal event.

Right after securing pole position, Hamilton was instructed by his McLaren team to stop the car on track as he was nearly out of fuel and some of it was still needed for the sample for the post-qualifying inspection.

Hamilton stopped his engine but kept his car moving while he seated on top of it as he celebrated his first pole of the year. He then got off the car and started pushing it.

The stewards deemed Hamilton had exceeded the maximum time set to return to the pits after the end of qualifying, and the Briton was fined USD10,000 and given a reprimand.

[www.autosport.com]
Date: June 13, 2010 12:45AM
Posted by: harjinator
in terms of the ferraris running on the softs for a while - it's possible they may have just got their tyres through the graining phase, and so they might be onto a winner (for a while at least) tomorrow. their problem is gonna be if it rains and washes the rubber off again, thus causing the tyres to have to endure another stint on a slick track...

was a good session - would have liked kubica to be higher, but never mind...

should be a good race.

Just a thought - they've been predicting rain on sunday all week. could somebody (shumi?) have used a wet setup in case it happened?

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 13, 2010 12:50AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Great quali, so close and exciting! loved it!
I had a feeling Hamilton would be stong here, and he goes get pole! wish i betted! lol!

Should be interesting with them starting on different tyres etc, I think the redbulls can still win this and maybe Alonso could be one to watch, he is sitting their quietly but close.

Cant wait until the race!

Date: June 13, 2010 01:03AM
MS had problems slowing his car down and looking at his wing levels there is no way that was a wet set up.
Date: June 13, 2010 01:15AM
Posted by: nvooght
Hasn't Hamilton been on pole everytime he has raced at Canada?

And must say I loved when he was pushing his car like a shopping trolley down the back straight.

Should be a good race tomorrow with Vettel Webber on hards and Hamilton Alonso on softs.

Date: June 13, 2010 01:21AM
Yes 3 races 3 poles.

Many teams are no happy with Mclaren right now as they are saying its not on not have have enough fuel in the car to return to the pits. Mclaren have said it was a communication problem in the pits with how much fuel to put it. They do seem to be having a lot of communication problems this year lol.
Date: June 13, 2010 01:45AM
Posted by: 97kirkc
McLaren gave him enough fuel for one run, which he blew. Then the so called "miscommunication" occurred, where they basically said go for another lap which got him the pole.

Date: June 13, 2010 02:38AM
He was meant to have fuel for a 2 lap run but they only filled him for 1 out lap fast lap in lap and missed the 2nd fast lap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy