2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
Oh come on stefalonso, just drop it and give that place to schumacher after all you made that mistake and still you loose, unless you are in podium ;)
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: May 16, 2010 06:27PM
Posted by: gav
Well, things are turning up on the (apparently inundated and horribly slow) FIA website now..... a fine for Webber for being 4mph over the limit in the pit lane. Interesting in itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 06:28PM by gav.
Date: May 16, 2010 06:37PM
Posted by: Briere
I guess the "Safetry car in this lap" was only to inform viewers that the SC wouldn't stay on track at the end of lap 78. Not that it's been called in.
IWE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No. That IS the whole point.
> >
> > *MASSIVE FACEPALM*
> >
> > No. It isn't. The lights were green. He passed
> > before the line. The problem is regarding rule
> > 40.13 and whether you are allowed to pass on
> the
> > last lap or not.
> >
> > This isn't f**king rocket science people.
>
>
> Maybe you might need glasses? He didnt pass before
> the line. Its so easy.

Maybe you need to learn to read the regulations. The line is completely unimportant. What he did was legal regarding the safety car line. The issue is whether the race was restarting. The signal of green flags does NOT indicate a race restarting when on the final lap. The decision has to be made by the race director.

I think it was a brilliant pass, and the kind of thing all drivers should be paying attention for. But it is all about the wording of that regulation and how Charlie called the final SC. In Australia 2009 we had a message "Race will finish under Safety Car". We didn't get that today, but we did get "Safety Car in at the end of this lap". Whether or not the TV graphics represent exactly what Charlie was trying to do or not is yet another matter. Would Charlie restart the race for 1 corner? Or would he just assume that the regulation covered this anyway? After all it does say that the SC will pit at the end of the final lap (which it did) and you cannot pass.

The fact Ross Brawn turned up on BBC within minutes already holding evidence suggests that even he thought it wasn't 100%.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
FIA stewards have decided that Schumacher's pass is illegal and add 20 seconds to his time.

But this is more interesting to me, as Gav touched on -

The Stewards, having received a report from the Race Director, have considered the following matter,
determine a breach of the regulations has been commited by the competitor named below and impose
the penalty referred to.
No / Driver 6 - Mark Webber
Team Red Bull Racing
Time 13:31:24
Session Race
Fact Speeding in the pitlane - 70.9 km/h
Offence Breach of Article 30.12 of the 2010 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations
Penalty 2 200 €

What happened to the drive throughs?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 16, 2010 06:46PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
Official - Schumacher gets no points for Monaco GP. Alonso is only 3 points behind Webber and Vettel now in championship
Date: May 16, 2010 06:46PM
Posted by: Nickv
Webber should've had a drive through for that, or get a time penalty. Strange he can get away with it with only a fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 06:47PM by Nickv.
Date: May 16, 2010 06:52PM
Posted by: Gusgus
Webber's speeding was at 13:31, which means it was when leaving the pits to go the the grid, therefore, it didn't really happen during the race but before.

My workthread here
Date: May 16, 2010 06:53PM
Posted by: danm
Schumacher penalised. Case closed.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
danm Wrote:
> Schumacher penalised. Case closed.

Brawn has a print out from the race control message system saying that the race was restarting. This won't be case closed, it'll be appealed almost certainly.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 16, 2010 07:22PM
Posted by: LS.
DaveEllis Wrote:
> danm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Schumacher penalised. Case closed.
>
>
> Brawn has a print out from the race control
> message system saying that the race was
> restarting. This won't be case closed, it'll be
> appealed almost certainly.

OFFICIAL - Mercedes' has decided to appeal the FIA stewards' decision to penalise Schumacher

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: May 16, 2010 07:28PM
Posted by: EC83
Deja vu here. How many times did things like this happen with MS and Ross Brawn at Benetton and then at Ferrari? And with Alonso at Rascasse!

Was ok race, good to see abit of overtaking from Alonso and glad to managed to get into the points making it a close fight at the top still!

I thought Shumachers move at the end would be ok personally but I dunno.

Lol at the team radio, calling digrassi a w@nker

[w153.wrzuta.pl]

EC83 Wrote:
> Deja vu here. How many times did things like this
> happen with MS and Ross Brawn at Benetton and then
> at Ferrari? And with Alonso at Rascasse!

for me,this time they're right.same in monaco 2006.

My GPGSL Career
Date: May 16, 2010 08:04PM
Posted by: LS.
Been reading facebook and twitter updates and many morons seem to think Damon Hill is directly responsible and delibrately stitched up Schumacher.

Idiots.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 08:08PM by LS..
Date: May 16, 2010 08:05PM
Posted by: gav
Apparently the result will stand regardless of how successful the appeal is, as drive throughs can't be appealed (for obvious reasons) They're appealing the decision itself, mainly for clarification and pride more than anything I guess.
Alonso should have got a penalty also for overtaking HRT under yellow flags and here is picture of it [i274.photobucket.com]
Date: May 16, 2010 09:17PM
Posted by: chet
I agree with why the penalty has been given, but looking at the situation specifically, I dont thinking it should ahve.

Michael was given green flags, there were no SC boards like there were in Aus 09. That looks like go and racee to the finish to me, you, and MS.

The penalty is in theory correct (after another look at the written rules) but not for this incident imo. It was badly handled by the FIA and race control. If there was no racing, why were green flags out? Why not keep the SC boards out and yellow flags out like in Aus 09? Thats what I dont understand, and for that reason the penalty is wrong, very wrong. Bad call race stewards.

Hill looks to have made his call from the book alone rather than look at the drivers point of view (whole point of former drivers being stewards).

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I'm just wondering, where is everyone getting the idea Hill made this decision? I haven't seen a statement from anyone involved declaring Hill made it. The driving steward ADVISES the stewards from a drivers point of view - he doesn't make decisions specifically. In this case it isn't a driving violation or dangerous driving, but rather a misunderstanding of the rules, or more specifically, a poorly written rule.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
What about Barichello throwing its steering wheel to the track?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy