Gusgus workthread - GM GP11 (fictional '11 full F1 car)

Posted by Gusgus 
Gusgus workthread - GM GP11 (fictional '11 full F1 car)
Date: November 07, 2011 03:31AM
Posted by: Gusgus
It's time for me to open my workthread :-) Although I'm not planning a lot of releases, in the following weeks, I'm going to release a fictional 2011 car, named GM GP11 (GM standing for Gusgus Motorsports). This car has been shaped with particular focus on realistic proportions after deep reading of the F1 regulations, attention to details, and general quality, trying no to reproduce what I can observe of a lot of the cars released nowadays. Therefore, it will be released as a full package including all 10 lods, templates, tweaker positions, a fictional livery, and if I have time, a low-drag version. Hopefully it will be ready soon, but it depends on successful testing.

Time for unedited ingame shots :-)

And some tweaker testing for onboard cameras :

At the moment, the template is not finished, and the lower lods / car 2 lods have to be made, so there's still a lot of work to do.

EDIT - I forgot to thank publicly quickslick for his quick and slick answer to my driver texture request :-)

My workthread here

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2011 03:35AM by Gusgus.
NICE!!!!
Re: Gusgus workthread - GM GP11 (fictional '11 full F1 car)
Date: November 07, 2011 10:23AM
Posted by: fongu
nice work

Really nice work.
interesting shape mate! Nice work!

Are you about to make an template aswell?

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
Re: Gusgus workthread - GM GP11 (fictional '11 full F1 car)
Date: November 07, 2011 09:46PM
Posted by: Flynn
great car - can't wait to drive it. :-)
sweet!
Thanks everyone for the first comments, it's motivating :)

@SkaaningeN : you will be punished for not reading the first post ;) The templates are nearly completed ;-)

My workthread here
after 5 months silence, what is the progress of the car? :-)
@Flynn : sorry for the late answer, I've been very busy during the last few months. There is still a lot of work to do with the templates, the shape of the second car and the lower LODs. I won't give any deadline because afterwards, there's a lot of pressure to stick to it and I don't want that, but I still plan to release this sooner or later ;-)

To try and be forgiven for the wait, here is a sample of what the car looks like when liveried (the livery is personal, and the screenshot is from supermonty, many thanks to him) :

My workthread here
Would like to try painting something on this one mate! Looks great :)

-------------------------------------------------
Ice Hockey is my Religion!
looking good....

If you like a preview video.. PM me! :-)
W:-oW (Y)

GPGSL -
GPGSL-3 - Pizza Party Racing manager and driver
Nations Cup - Team Scotland manager
Any news on the progress of the template for this car? This car is the best fictional 2011 carshape that I have seen. I wouldn't mind having a template to paint my own livery.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy