2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
I have a question: in the BBC coverage, about 35 minutes into qualifying, a video was shown previewing the track, showing the classic Mansell/Senna battle from 1992, and some driver quotes (just before Martin Whitmarsh came on). What the name of the music they were playing in the background? I know it was a mid-90s track, but I can't place it and it's annoying me!

I would add to the discussion of qualifying, but I've not watched it yet!

[Website]
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: May 15, 2010 09:30PM
Posted by: gav
It's Robert Miles - Children.
I think Vettel will pass Kubica in the same way that Barrichello passed Raikkonen last year :( I feel that Kubica deserves more good results like Australia and China, and who knows. Maybe he can win again in Canada?
Date: May 15, 2010 10:34PM
Posted by: chet
If Kubica passes Webber at the start, I just got a feeling Kubica will be gone for the day and nobody will see him until the podium... Well I guess more hope than a feeling :p!

Its official that Massa will get no penalty. It only bothers me because now Lewis has little chance to pass Vettel at the start :(. As for the incident, I dont think it was penalty worthy. Generally excited about tomorrow's race.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Great quali by Kubica, amazing laps by him! Renault looks great to handle too, hope he can translate this into a podium in the race.
Looking forward to seeing if Alonso can make it through like Shuey in 06.

why the hell am i getting this warning for the above message?!
Anti-spam software on this server has detected that your message might be spam. You are still allowed to post this message, but it will not be visible in the forums until a moderator approves it. You can now try to re-submit your posting.

Great qualifying session! With the tyre degradation here, hopefully we can get some variance in the strategies and it should be a great race.

Alonso will be fun to watch as well.

As for the Massa/Button incident, while it was very stupid what he did, there were almost certainly countless other instances of that happening around the track (including one with Rosberg holding up Schumacher according to Ross Brawn) that weren't picked up on TV, so I don't know they will just penalise that one incident more than a fine or reprimand.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 01:46AM by SchueyFan.
Senna´s genes are on? bruno was 1 sec. faster than karun.

Or maybe Dallara have finally brought along the spares to fix his chassis ;)

X (@ed24f1)
I don't know a @#$%& but.... Is F1 nowadays are harder to overtake than 2006 F1 Car?. I wonder what will alonso today will achieve, because i know a former ferrari driver who did it and finished on fifth position with closing stage on coulthard.
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or maybe Dallara have finally brought along the
> spares to fix his chassis ;)

I love it when people mention Dallara like it is their responsibility to work on the chassis despite HRT refusing to pay for it. Heres a fact not many people will know: HRT refused to pay Dallara to relocate the mirrors.

I like Bruno, I like Karun, and I like the original HRT staff. I dislike Colin Kolles, and I seen this BS coming a mile off.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 16, 2010 10:44AM
SchueyFan
As for the Massa/Button incident, while it was very stupid what he did, there were almost certainly countless other instances of that happening around the track (including one with Rosberg holding up Schumacher according to Ross Brawn) that weren't picked up on TV, so I don't know they will just penalise that one incident more than a fine or reprimand.

I'm sure there were other instances, but I also assume the majority were less blatant.

Massa might have had a car in front of him, but it was out of shot at least a corner down the road, so he wasn't exactly up its exhaust pipes. Button was on a hot lap, which was wrecked, and it also wrecked his following lap. It was completely irresponsible.

Only an hour before qualifying I'd said this:

Gav
And what was he thinking when he overtook Petrov at Rascasse and then immediately slowed down? There were no other cars in front. All it did was create a huge traffic jam behind him. He's never been the quickest thinker in the business, but some of his on the spot decision making is leaving a lot to be desired this year. Mentally he looks completely alien to the 2008 driver.

Seriously, what's going on in his head? He's doing the hard bit not too badly, the driving... but his awareness and consideration of others and common sense has just disappeared.

I'm not trying to beat up on the guy, because I was a fan of his determination throughout 2008 and he won a place in most of our hearts at the end of that season with his humility and grace, but it's like watching a completely different character now. Maybe Alonso is sucking the life out of him and it's getting to his head? Maybe he's not as mentally strong after his accident or missing such a chunk of the season? Maybe he's missing having Schumacher on the radio or phone? I don't know, but something is affecting him, and as a result some of his decisions this year are the sort you see in the lower formulae.

You cannot not punish him just because Button didn't seem affected in the end. If they've decided against a penalty on the basis that Button wasn't affected he still has to be given a reprimand or fine. Same with the driver who blocked Kubica at the Nouvelle chicane.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 10:46AM by gav.
Date: May 16, 2010 11:50AM
Posted by: mcdo
Here's a blast of pre-race hot air.
Webber Linked With Ferrari
Date: May 16, 2010 11:58AM
Posted by: Morbid
Very reliable sources report, that Kubica's manager has picked up his morning latte at the Ferrari motor home all weekend long. He seems very happy with that situation.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I love it when people mention Dallara like it is
> their responsibility to work on the chassis
> despite HRT refusing to pay for it. Heres a fact
> not many people will know: HRT refused to pay
> Dallara to relocate the mirrors.
>
> I like Bruno, I like Karun, and I like the
> original HRT staff. I dislike Colin Kolles, and I
> seen this BS coming a mile off.

Yeah, but Kolles has wrestled the team onto the grid.

The problem is the undeniable slowness of the car. It is aerodynamically challenged, and the downforce just isnt there. And also, parts are running thin.
Can they sort it out? Geoff Willis needs to do something about it rather than just talk about how bad it is. Im not sure the Cosworth engine is all there too.

GPGSL: S6 - TafuroGP Tester (14th) /// S7 - ART Tester (6th) /// S8 - Demon Driver (13th) /// S9 - Demon/Snake Driver (13th) /// S10 - Snake Driver (???) ///]
"My ambition is handicapped by laziness" - Charles Bukowski
Date: May 16, 2010 12:42PM
Posted by: chet
Its undenialble that the car is just plain awful from Dallara's part. Geoff Willis comments were quite amazing actually. Even for a under-developed car I expected more from Dallara.

There must have been a reason HRT cut the ties, but do they have a solution? Well, so far it doesnt seem so!

Aerodynamically I thought the car was not so bad. It didnt look at all bad at Spain and seemed as quick as the Virgin for Karun. I just wonder about the build quality and mechanical setup. All the complaints seem to relate to slow corner performance, whilst you can understand there is a lack of df, as there is with Virgin and Lotus.

It does seem like a circle, Dallara werent paid for development, so HRT get a @#$%& car, but then you have think, should a brand such as Dallara have delivered a more usuable cara, even if it were under-developed?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 16, 2010 01:16PM
I reckon Alonso will do what I suggested a couple of days back - start on the soft tyres and pit 1 or 2 laps into the race to put the hards on, with the view to going to the end on them, or changing them with 20 laps to go. That way, if there's a safety car in the opening 20 laps, he's got a chance of some points. It's the only way he'll score today.
I have to admit though alonso has been known for a hill climber in f1 when he places him in worst possible grid positions, But now under this condition for the first time for myself that i dont think alonso will either climb to top 10 nor top 5. And if magic happens again(As he always do) then a podium!. lol
Alonso got lucky now because of Hulkenberg crash, he has now done his pitstop so maybe he can score some points today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 02:15PM by vesuvius.
Man I love Alonso, he's done em all already in just 20 laps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy