>
>

Would that be Bruno Lalli?

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: May 12, 2010 10:16PM
Posted by: marcl
Bruno has no right to say anything really, he is only in F1 thanks to changing his name :). So far he has been shown up by his team mate who has less f1 miles.
Date: May 12, 2010 11:21PM
Posted by: J i m
He's been shown up a little bit yes... but his F1 mileage is actually comparable to Chandhok's.

Karun had a test for Red Bull a couple of years back, whilst Bruno had one with Honda. But yes Karun is making a better fist of coping with a underdeveloped and drastically under-engineered car.

Vettel crashes at Portier in his preview video ;)

Anyway, as I've said before, this weekend should be fantastic. There are a lot of drivers who could win it. As for my preferred drivers; Massa has been very good at street circuits in the last few years, Webber has a great chance in a great car and is always good at this track, and Schumacher could be a dark horse as the track will probably bring Mercedes towards the front.

Also, they have installed some new catch fences, such as at Rascasse. It does seem a little superflous on the inside of a corner, but i suppose its better to be on the safe side.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 01:07AM by SchueyFan.
Date: May 13, 2010 01:07AM
Posted by: EC83
marcl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There you go, you can now stop the bitching :)

Don't get me wrong, you're as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. But speculating that Lewis might drop another PR clanger hardly qualifies as bitching, given the reputation he's earned himself. And of course, your comments about Schumacher/Alonso/Vettel are devoid of bitching altogether. ;-)

marcl Wrote:
> Bruno has no right to say anything really, he is
> only in F1 thanks to changing his name :).

He's only in F1 because his driving ability got him there. And since Ayrton also "changed his name" to emphasise the Senna part before he became an F1 driver, Bruno is just as much a Senna as Ayrton was, if you want to go down that road.

Regarding the two HRT drivers and which is doing better, Karun has made a better fist of the situation so far than Bruno, yes. But both have done a great job so far in such an uncompetitive car, and I hope both will get the chance next year to prove themselves in a good one. I personally would prefer to see them both in a competitive car before making any judgements on which is better TBH, I don't think either driver is getting a fair shot at showing their ability while they're in a 2010 HRT.

Date: May 13, 2010 01:21AM
It should be a brilliant weekend, yes, and it's really difficult to tell who'll have an obvious advantage this weekend, if anyone does. Probably another weekend where Webber will win out over Vettel - he goes well here, as has been said, and Monaco favours experience. The Maccas and Alonso should all be strong too, and of course Massa took pole here in 2008 and led the early stages of the race. Then, there's MS.
A fascinating prospect, hopefully it'll be the race of the season so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 01:22AM by EC83.
Date: May 13, 2010 01:21AM
Posted by: chet
Sorry for changing subject, but imo Chandok has been pretty impressive so far.

He's a great guy, and has been driving very very well. I always thought if he ever got to F1, it would be because he's indian, but now I think he has a genuine future in F1. Might still be early to judge, but he's been quick... At Spain, before Jamie decided to be a prick Karun said he was in front of Di Grassi's Virgin, and pulling away!

edit - guess most have heard about the press conference with MS, and the constant reminders of 06, and even MS calling David Coft boring, but bringing it back up when Schumacher said he didnt want to talk about then...

Still, whether or not he likes it, Schumacher's incident was a big one, and he will get asked questions about it because it is an interesting talking point, even now!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 01:23AM by chet.
Schumacher's lucky that Adelaide and Jerez aren't on the calendar any more then! ;)

but seriously, I would be shocked if he didn't expect these sort of questions - and he will probably be keen to get out on track this afternoon and put in a decent performance.

X (@ed24f1)
For what I saw in the internal HRT battle, Karun seems to fit better the car than Bruno in qualy... But Bruno has more pace in race and he makes awesome starts

Date: May 13, 2010 02:11AM
Yep, it's easy to forget that this is MS's first monaco meeting since his 2006 "parking stunt". I'd imagine the questions about it will soon die down though - it is a long time ago, and so far on his comeback he's behaved himself much better than that. As long as he doesn't do something similar again, it would surprise me if people kept asking him questions about it over and over.

SchueyFan Wrote:
> Also, they have installed some new catch fences,
> such as at Rascasse. It does seem a little
> superflous on the inside of a corner, but i
> suppose its better to be on the safe side.
> [img694.imageshack.us]

I'm pretty sure the Rascasse has had catch fencing for years - it may be on the inside at the part photographed, but it's very much on the outside of the entry to the corner. I've always wondered how much a table at the little eaterie is :)

Date: May 13, 2010 11:31AM
EC83 Wrote:
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > There you go, you can now stop the bitching :)
>
> Don't get me wrong, you're as entitled to your
> opinion as I am to mine. But speculating that
> Lewis might drop another PR clanger hardly
> qualifies as bitching, given the reputation he's
> earned himself. And of course, your comments about
> Schumacher/Alonso/Vettel are devoid of bitching
> altogether. ;-)
>
>
> marcl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bruno has no right to say anything really, he
> is
> > only in F1 thanks to changing his name :).
>
> He's only in F1 because his driving ability got
> him there. And since Ayrton also "changed his
> name" to emphasise the Senna part before he became
> an F1 driver, Bruno is just as much a Senna as
> Ayrton was, if you want to go down that road.
>
> Regarding the two HRT drivers and which is doing
> better, Karun has made a better fist of the
> situation so far than Bruno, yes. But both have
> done a great job so far in such an uncompetitive
> car, and I hope both will get the chance next year
> to prove themselves in a good one. I personally
> would prefer to see them both in a competitive car
> before making any judgements on which is better
> TBH, I don't think either driver is getting a fair
> shot at showing their ability while they're in a
> 2010 HRT.

All Senna removed was the final part of his surname that is all. Bruno had not mention of the name Senna in his name at all. Berger was not sure about his skill, neither was Brawn and now he in HRT getting beaten by a guy who many people do not rate. There were reasons why Aytron removed that part of his name as well, look it up.

Regarding the helmet thing what anoyed me was Lewis said he would have a special one and what he said it was so clear its was going to be like the one he won the race in. Yet straight away there were 6 posts saying he better not copy Senna bla bla bla. It was so clear what Lewis was saying. When I have said stuff about Alonso, vettel, MS so have others and people have backed stuff up with facts. Why did we need 6 posts going on about how Bruno would be upset etc when it was so clear what Lewis was doing. For me it was just another reason for the same people to have a dig. Plus I used a :) at the end of what I said. We all know you dont like Lewis, which is fair enough.

I admit I bitch about some drivers, but learnt the errors of my ways a few years back. But near enough every other post by you is Lewis this Lewis that. We all know u dont like him but move on from it. These days I only bitch when I am deffending someone.

Anyway I am looking forward to the race.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 12:45PM by marcl.
Date: May 13, 2010 11:40AM
Posted by: chet
Had Brawn remained Honda, im sure Bruno would have been alongside JB in 09. Ross said very good things of him I believe. He was only 0.3 tenths of the time JB set down as a marker I believe, but it wasnt just his pace Ross was happy with.

Anyway, good session. Massa is fun to watch!

But so far, its as we expected really, all 4 teams really close! Both Mclaren drivers had traffic in their later laps so not sure if they could have gone quicker but so far it looks like it will be a close weekend for all the teams with Kubica and Sutil both up there... Ever since race 1 and seeing that Renault in the slow stuff, I bet Renault fans have been counting the days for this GP ;-)!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 13, 2010 11:44AM
Yes I know Brawn just did not want the risk of a new driver. It was mainly berger that was not sure. So far this year you can see why. When Alonso was in a Minardi he was beating his team mate no problem, same goes for webber if your in a tail end team no1 priority is beat your team mate and dont make errors. Yet Bruno is not doing anything to make another team look and go yes he is good.

Yes was a good session its going to be close in quali.

The HRT cars are only 1.2 secs faster than a GP2 around Monaco.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 01:10PM by marcl.
Date: May 13, 2010 01:04PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
It seems Ferrai brought a whole new wing package to Monaco.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 01:05PM by DaiMOn.
senninho Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure the Rascasse has had catch fencing
> for years - it may be on the inside at the part
> photographed, but it's very much on the outside of
> the entry to the corner. I've always wondered how
> much a table at the little eaterie is :)

I think its been extended at least, because I read some photographers complaining about it.

Anyway, good sessions for Ferrari. Its amazing that they haven't won here since 2001, but they have a great chance this year. Alonso is fast, and Massa is being very aggressive to get some good pace.

There weren't many glory runs at the end though, so we don't really have a complete form guide for qualifying.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 13, 2010 05:41PM
Yeah its hard to work out the form as some drivers had traffic on their best laps.

Button though did not look very happy with his car.

Alonso was fast but both Ferraris the backend all over the place looked very lose, can they control the car like that for the whole race?
Date: May 13, 2010 06:00PM
Good early form from Ferrari and Merc, and it looks like Fernando is on good form here again. Good to see Nico back on form. Pretty sure Macca have been sandbagging today though.
Awesome stuff from Kubica today, brilliantly committed and outperforming the car completely IMO.
Difficult sessions for Chandhok and Kobayashi.

There were reasons why Aytron removed that part of his name as well, look it up.

Think you're missing the point here.

Plus I used a :) at the end of what I said.

Yeah, and the tone of your comment before it suggests you used it patronisingly, which is worse than not using a smiley at all.

We all know you dont like Lewis, which is fair enough.

I readily admit that I dislike Lewis, yes, and I'm often vocal about it. And I've clearly explained the reasons why I dislike him in previous threads, giving examples and backing up my arguments with facts. Having opinions is all good, but you should back it up with valid points as well. On the other hand, you tend to defend Lewis's actions and comments when they're clearly too silly to be defended, which is the action of a fanboy.

When I have said stuff about Alonso, vettel, MS so have others and people have backed stuff up with facts.

Ah right. So when you suggested that Lewis could jump in the RBR and be 0.5 sec/lap faster than Vettel, it was backed up by facts? Really?
And sorry, but I can't remember others agreeing with your arguments as such at any point.

But near enough every other post by you is Lewis this Lewis that.

The same could be said about you constantly sticking up for the guy and defending him when his behaviour isn't defendable. Funny that.

We all know u dont like him but move on from it.

So people should stop posting critical comments about him because you don't like reading them? Sorry, that's not going to happen. I'll praise Lewis where praise is due, but the fact is he's earned himself a bad reputation, keeps adding to it with his silly behaviour even since the start of this season, and I'm not the only user here who'll criticise him until he grows out of it. If you don't like that, it's not my problem.

Sorry Marc, I'm really not looking to beat up on you. But I do find your comments about certain drivers to be biased without due cause sometimes.

Date: May 13, 2010 06:21PM
Back when I said that about drivers I said you can only cpmpair team mates, I said for all we know Lewis could jump in the RBR car and be .5 faster. But we will never know. That is what I said. By reading what I said it is very clear we dont know and I was just saying that you can not compair drivers with each other until they have raced at the same time in the same team. I never for 1 second would ever think Lewis would be .5 faster than Vettel in the same team as Vettel is a bloody good driver. But yes if someone wanted to twist what I said I did leave myself open.

From when I started watching F1 Senna, MS, Alonso, JPM also earned bad repuations far worse than what Lewis has tbh. I did not car I always supported Senna. I have said a number of time I do not like Lewis the person, but I like Lewis the driver.

Even when Lewis has a good race its, "oh he done this wrong that wrong" no mention the driver you liked jumped the start. Anyway.

When Alonso has had a good race I have praised the guy, look back at my posts from Australia, Sepang etc. Even when Lewis cocks up I say that was stupid like I said in China and Sepang. But I see the good with the bad, you tend to just focus on the bad well thats how it comes over anyway.

I dont even know you or anything like that, and I find some things you say really interesting. I just sometimes wish it would not end all the time with Lewis this and that. I will always defend a driver if I dont think they deserve what is being said, and for me the helmet thing was just to have a dig that was all. Just like MS fans will say he done nothing wrong in 94,97 and when he parked at monaco.

I am not saying like lewis, I would never say that just like I will never like Alonso and that was way before the mclaren stuff. But when you look over time there are 2 world champs on the track that have done far worse things than Lewis which people just over look and forget.

I find you comments as well biased without due cause sometimes. So lets just leave it as I said I have nothing against you or anything like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2010 06:27PM by marcl.
Date: May 13, 2010 06:35PM
That's really well said actually, good. Nothing against you either, I consider you to be one of the "good guys" here, if that makes any sense. And good that you've expressed your feelings and I've expressed mine. But yeah, no hard feelings meant at all.

Like you said, let's enjoy the race!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy