2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**

Posted by raulongo 
Re: 2010 Formula 1™ Monaco GP THREAD **SPOILERS**
Date: May 15, 2010 09:44AM
Posted by: ATL11
It's Monaco and there will be traffic, these are the top drivers in the world deal with it....

If there is someone blocked and stuffs their times, it's tough, irrespective of moaning which there will be.

They have technology now to know where each and every driver is on the track, just release the car when there is a gap or an opportunity.........

We all know if the top 8 with Kubica take the top 9 slots, bar a pit stop screw up & dodgy Red Bull brakes it could end as the same 9 in the same order 70 or so laps later....

Andy
Alonso's stuck the car in the barriers at Massenet - it could be devastating for him if he can't get out for qualifying in 2 hours.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 15, 2010 11:28AM
Posted by: gav
Oh dear Nando... that car looks @#$%&.

Going back to the driver queuing we'll have in qualifying, so far in FP3 it seems it's the faster drivers slowing each other and the tailenders rather than the tailenders slowing the faster guys. ;)
Maybe someone can put that accident in the Alonso Moments thread.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 15, 2010 11:41AM
Brilliantly blunt questioning of Alonso by Holly Samos. :D
I just found a BBC stream then, what did she say?

btw, its incredibly close, its still looking like a fantastic qualifying coming up

X (@ed24f1)
Date: May 15, 2010 11:46AM
"Fernando, was that just driver error?"
"eh"
"Driver error?"
"Yeah"

Davidson then translated it in the comm box into "So Fernando, was that just you being rubbish?"
;)

btw, found a video of his crash - inserting it into the other thread now

X (@ed24f1)
Rob Smedly has an open radio channel to Massa. He doesn't need to hold a button to talk. I guess that's because he has to tell him how to drive the car so much that the button got worn out.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
the stewards are going to have to be busy after qualifying based on the current efforts

X (@ed24f1)
Kubica looking handy. Massa looking like a prick who is barely in control of his car.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 15, 2010 12:21PM
Posted by: chet
I wouldnt go that far Dave, he did afteral finish 2nd. He did look ragged but its all about finding the limit.

Granted, Kubica looked on the limit but well in control, but he looked like that from Thursday P1. I imagine Massa has taken time to get there.

I really hope Kubica can get pole! I was tempted to put a bet on him for this race after seeing the car in the slow stuff. He's having a great year so far!

Still, pole will be between Lewis, Webber and Kubica imo.

JB looked awful but hopefully they can sort it.

I reckon the plan for Q1 for the top teams is to run hard tyres, and drive hte full 20mins. They set some good times near the end of their stints on those hards.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: May 15, 2010 12:41PM
Massa was all over the place. Finding the limit is one thing, but he looked to be on the verge of crashing every time we saw him. Camera cuts to Massa, Massa has a moment. Every time. It looked like a car which was being driving by remote control.

And what was he thinking when he overtook Petrov at Rascasse and then immediately slowed down? There were no other cars in front. All it did was create a huge traffic jam behind him. He's never been the quickest thinker in the business, but some of his on the spot decision making is leaving a lot to be desired this year. Mentally he looks completely alien to the 2008 driver.

On that note, the driving in traffic was abysmal throughout the field. You've got the complainers complaining, but they're not making it easy for themselves. They're backing off to 8 seconds behind the car in front... some of the bottlenecks were unreal.

In qualifying, one of the tail-enders is just going to come up behind that big line of traffic making space for themselves and he's just going to zoom past the lot of them. And I'll cheer like mad for whoever does that as they're all being complete tits so far.
Date: May 15, 2010 12:48PM
Posted by: mortal
post a live qualy feed if you've got one pls.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
I wouldnt go that far Dave, he did afteral finish 2nd. He did look ragged but its all about finding the limit.

I'd go that far. 4 times he almost hit the wall, then at the end he passed another car then parked in front of it like a prick. He has no awareness of what is going on around him at all. Why don't we just cut Massa out of the equation and have Smedly drive the car?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 15, 2010 01:25PM
Posted by: Morbid
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh dear Nando... that car looks @#$%&.
>
> Going back to the driver queuing we'll have in
> qualifying, so far in FP3 it seems it's the faster
> drivers slowing each other and the tailenders
> rather than the tailenders slowing the faster
> guys. ;)

My thoughts exactly.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Jesus @#$%& christ, can we get rid of Eddie Jordan? Asking the new teams to be banned it they don't speed up (they are closer in time to the front than Eddies team spent half their time in F1), and saying that Alonsos car should have stood up to being driven into the barrier at high speed.

How was this man ever involved with F1? He's clearly an idiot.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 15, 2010 01:34PM
Posted by: DaiMOn
He has to miss qualifying... :( Damn it...
Date: May 15, 2010 02:03PM
Posted by: mortal
sumbody post a feed puleeze

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: May 15, 2010 02:36PM
Posted by: mcdo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy