Lap Record:
1:11.473 - Juan Pablo Montoya, 2004

Championship Permutations
Drivers
Points remaining: 20
Jenson Button 85
Rubens Barrichello 71
Sebastian Vettel 69

Button is champion if he finishes third or higher, regardless of where his rivals finish
Button is champion if he finishes fourth or fifth and Barrichello doesn’t win
Button is champion if he finishes sixth or seventh and Barrichello finishes third or lower and Vettel doesn’t win
Button is champion if he finishes eighth and Barrichello finishes fourth or lower and Vettel finishes third or lower
Button is champion if he doesn’t score and Barrichello finishes fifth or lower and Vettel finishes third or lower
Button is champion if both Barrichello and Vettel do not finish

Constructors
Points remaining: 36
Brawn 156
Red Bull 120.5

Brawn are champions if they score half a point
Brawn are champions if Red Bull do not finish first and second
Brawn are champions if the race does not complete 75% distance

Weather Forecast
Friday - Rain
Saturday - Showers
Sunday - Thunderstorms

My Preview
A return to one of the traditional homes of the sport in Brazil, this year the only American venue on the calendar. The last four championships have been decided at this track, with the two most recent being two of the closest and most exciting championship finishes in F1 history. However, this year the race is the penultimate on the calendar, and with three drivers still in the hunt, there is a good chance the championship will once again go down to the final race in Abu Dhabi. The race will have added significance for Rubens Barrichello, who tries to finally break his run of bad results at the track, with 11 retirements out of 16 starts. He cannot afford another retirement here, and will have the added incentive of his friend and compatriot Felipe Massa waving the chequered flag at the finish line, one year after his emotional finish to the 2008 championship. However, Red Bull, after testing their Brazil aerodynamics and setup at Suzuka (resulting in a Mark Webber fastest lap), look likely to be strong here, and are desperate to remain in the hunt for a championship. With rain forecast, and various other teams fighting for pride in the final races of the season, this looks to be an exciting penultimate round of the championship.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 10:28PM by mortal.
There is a little Mistake 2006 Winner was Felipe Massa not Alonso (he was 2nd).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And thats the bottom line cause Alonso0506 said so"
oops, thanks - must of been thinking of the championship

X (@ed24f1)
Great intro there, liking the detail. Just one correction springs to mind, regarding the last two Championship finishes - the 1984 one was still closer, in terms of the eventual winning margin at least. That would have been trumped in 2006, if MS had won this race with Alonso not scoring, but meh.

In terms of my hopes and predictions for this one, I really would like the title fight to stay alive. So, Vettel winning with Rubens finishing 2nd and Jenson not scoring would be awesome! But in reality, I guess we're looking at JB clinching it with a steady drive to 6th or something.
It'll be a tough race to predict.

The weather forecast for Sunday looks promising.

If it rains Vettel may just win with Rubens 2nd and Jenson out of the points
one thing a little out of topic, but, a long time ago i think i readed something like that the Interlagos layout used for F1 could be changed, and use some curves from the 70s layout, its that right?

The 70 circuit is still there, they didn't build anything over it, however, to reactivate they will need asphalt, heh :D
Thanks EC83.

Frantic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> one thing a little out of topic, but, a long time
> ago i think i readed something like that the
> Interlagos layout used for F1 could be changed,
> and use some curves from the 70s layout, its that
> right?

I think this was posted in the 2008 Brazilian GP thread, but this thread was unfortunately deleted soon after the race.

X (@ed24f1)
Ive heard its due to get sunny for Sunday with high temps... But each site is telling a different story.

I obviously would be pleased if Button wrapped it up here... It is a track where it should be as close as ever between the teams. But a first guess...

its about a 70second lap.

KERS is worth 6.67 seconds, so quite alot relativley!!!! Also being high up engine power is down, however that will not effect KERS. The power output will still be the same increasing its effect. Exiting Juncau on a qualifying lap using all the KERS I reckon will be a huge addvantage.

Rain or shine, Lewis domination IMO! As for the championship contenders, impossible to predict but Button usually goes okay here, and Rubens will be looking for the win. Vettel has nothing to lose so will be all out as you'd expect. Key player is Mark. If RedBull find they have the car to win, Mark needs to beat both Brawns.

Eitherway Brawn are looking at being WCC. A huge achievment in any respect and a huge testimant to Honda and Brawn. I do hope Honda get a thankyou from both Brawn and Button if he wins it.

I hope for mixed conditions rather than rain!! Make for good racing.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
I also really hope Button wraps up it up in Brasil. Mailnly because i couldn't get time off work to watch the final race :(

SchueyFan Wrote:
> Thanks EC83.
>
> Frantic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > one thing a little out of topic, but, a long
> time
> > ago i think i readed something like that the
> > Interlagos layout used for F1 could be changed,
> > and use some curves from the 70s layout, its
> that
> > right?
>
> I think this was posted in the 2008 Brazilian GP
> thread, but this thread was unfortunately deleted
> soon after the race.

Regarding that thread, it's a weird one. If you search for the exact phrase - "Grande Prêmio Brasil de Fórmula 1 - GP de Interlagos 2008 (Spoiler)" - all the messages appear in the search list, as if the thread still exists. But if you click on any of the messages, you're denied access. So it's as if the thread semi-exists. Strange.
At least the posts made during that epic race(since we tend to "tweet" during the races rather than write long posts) are more or less all readable from the search page, as is the opening text from the longer posts.

I just watched some of the highlights from classic Brazil races on the BBC website. Massa became one of my favourite drivers in that race purely from how gracious in defeat he was, even though he was obviously very emotional.

Can't believe they haven't got the 2003 race on there though ;)

I hope Button decides he's already had enough of Formula 1 and goes back to his home before the race. ;)

Seriously, I'd like that the championship remains open, but not just mathematically - say, 4 or 5 points between Rubens and Button for the last race instead of 9.

PS: Brawn have Banco do Brasil sponsorship on the front wing! Must be a one-race contract, no?

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Lex Wrote:
> PS: Brawn have Banco do Brasil sponsorship on the
> front wing! Must be a one-race contract, no?

Yes, it looks like Brawn have quite a few new/one-off deals:

X (@ed24f1)
And an airbox wing!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Nice colour clashes on that car :P
matt3454 Wrote:
> Can't believe they haven't got the 2003 race on
> there though ;)

That's exactly what I was fuming about last night. That has to be one of THE best races of 2003 with all the rain, the crashes and spray. Although 2006 might've been a good one. Just by a bit though
KERS will be a great boost off the startline due to the slight hill, i expect a vettel win, with hamilton and kimi close behind.

Hopefully Itaipava's sponsorship contract includes a couple of crates for Button. ;)

And... Mapfre? Nooooooooo! Their radio ad is among the most annoying I've ever listened to!

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Nickv Wrote:
> Nice colour clashes on that car :P

It's reminding me of the March in 1992 TBH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy