The Official 2009 Japanese Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Iceman-Kimi 
Interesting that Kimi got on so well...either they are super light, or Ferrari has some genuine pace.
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @ Ed: I'm sorry, but you've been saying that every
> race and RB somehow manage to screw things up
> every time. You're losing your credibility, man!
> ;)

Well you have to have some belief considering some of Red Bull's (and their drivers';) mistakes!

Now that Webber is out of qualifying, it looks like no points for him unfortunately. If he doesn't watch out, Kimi and Lewis could overtake him for 4th in the championship!

X (@ed24f1)
It's too early.
All set for qualifying then!

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Toyota on pole here to please the home crowd and probably all the Toyota management who are here.

EDIT: Buemi! It was quite rare to see an accident happen live on t-cam.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 07:07AM by SchueyFan.
What an absolutely bizarre qualifying so far! People going off left, right and centre!

EDIT: hopefully Timo is OK, it seems unusual that they are shielding the crowd from what is happening with the big cloth.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 07:50AM by SchueyFan.
Horrible accident but very bizarre. What's kinda upsetting is that just as they establish the notion of "oh it's okay, they just sit in the car until the Doctors come, so nothing to worry about" suddenly the screens and stretchers come out :(

Appears atm he has a "leg wound" - so basically he's okay per se, but who knows whether he'll be fit to race.
Screens is pretty normal if they get extracted from the car, also when they have a small backpain they get him out just to be sure he doesn't has any injury's. I expect Glock to be quite OK.

A tough decision now for the stewards - all the drivers should, by the letter of the law, lose their lap times after Buemi's crash.

What happens if less than 10 cars set a lap time in Q2?

X (@ed24f1)
i hope they don't resurface run offs next year

it seems drivers have been spoiled with "easy tracks" and are used to not paying a big price for their mistakes, suzuka is showing them a different story

and Buemi's gonna get his ear streched
It doesn't mean lose their lap times, just back off abit, Kimi's last sector was slower then he first did, so he backed off a little, about others, I don't know.

Pffff, I really want qualifying to be finished now ;)

let's make a bet, who's next?
How many crashes are there gunna be today!

I also hope we dont get a load of tarmac run offs next year, i mean maybe they can refit the gravel or something.
Another red flag then!

I'm sure we'll hear more about the Q2 issue later on - but drivers should not be going full speed through a yellow flag as Button/Barrichello did, and they clearly gained from this, where it seems Alonso and the BMWs lost out.

X (@ed24f1)
i say Kubica is next
I think Sutil next

X (@ed24f1)
Iceman-Kimi Wrote:
> Screens is pretty normal if they get extracted
> from the car, also when they have a small backpain
> they get him out just to be sure he doesn't has
> any injury's. I expect Glock to be quite OK.

Well let's hope he will be - my point was though the very fact he had to be extracted. :\

Anyway, what a bloody crazy Quali session and its still not over...
Phew, its finally over!

Great work by Vettel and Trulli, and you would expect Vettel to be heavier on fuel.

X (@ed24f1)
Brawn mechanics didnt look happy, I just dont understand why they did one run when clearly it seemed the second run was quicker :s
edit - oh and suspect two penaltys for Brawn, to me that as bad as Beumi. they did not slow down!
also, bbc viewers will know.. 17laps of fuel for Brawn. Rubens longer again now. Trulli and Sutil prob lighter, but Vettel deffo heavier imo and Lewis maybe the same. If Lewis doesnt jump Vettel then I reckon he will go off into the distance. If Lewis does get infront at the start I reckon could make for great race!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2009 08:49AM by chet.
SchueyFan Wrote:
> Phew, its finally over!
>
> Great work by Vettel and Trulli, and you would
> expect Vettel to be heavier on fuel.

yep, i think he looks stronger here than in Singapore, hopefully he can keep everything together
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy