The Official 2009 Japanese Grand Prix Thread ***SPOILERS***

Posted by Iceman-Kimi 
They should go back to 2004 rule qualifying! much better and much fairer with no distractions whatsover!

No, they have to go back to the pre 2003 system.

other thing:

Toyota confirmed on Sunday morning (thats in Japan, because in my home its 10.35 pm ;)) that Timo Glock will not take part in the Japanese Grand Prix following his high-speed crash in qualifying

Glock went off into the tyre wall after losing control of his TF109 in Suzuka’s final turn during Q2 and was taken to a hospital in Yokkaichi. He was found to have sustained a 5cm cut on his lower left leg and reported back pain, although x-rays have confirmed there is no damage.

However, in order to ensure he is fully fit for the forthcoming Brazilian Grand Prix, Glock has been advised to rest so will miss the race.

"Together with my physio I tried everything to be fit for the Japanese Grand Prix but in the end it is not possible for me to race,” said the German driver, who also sat out Friday’s sessions with a heavy cold and fever. “It is a pity to miss Toyota's home race and I'm annoyed that this happened.

“I want to say thanks to my car crew because they worked all night to fix the damage and get it ready for the race. They did a great job but unfortunately I can't race, however I am sure I will be back in Brazil."

Toyota applied for permission for third driver Kamui Kobayashi, who completed both Friday practice sessions, to replace Glock but that was rejected by race stewards due to the regulation which requires a driver to participate in at least one practice session on the second day of the event if he is to race.

Wow! To be honest, kobayashi did a good job during his friday sessions. anyway

why rubens is higher than sutil?

The current weather forecast is good. Warm and sunny for the start of the race, possibly clouding over as the afternoon wears on.

[www.accuweather.com]

It would have been an interesting loophole if Kobayashi was allowed to race!

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this race; Suzuka has already proved to be a massive test for the drivers, and it will be interesting to see how they react in the race. Hopefully Webber can make some good progress through the field!

X (@ed24f1)
Build-up almost complete...
Good track guide with Martin and Rubens.
This start should be great! I expect Vettel to lead and Lewis to get up to 2nd with KERS. Trulli should steadily slip back and eventually finish a good bit lower than he starts, I'd imagine.

Wow, Vettel is meteoric! Impressive stuff!
Opposite extremes for the two RedBulls as well - nightmare weekend for Mark.

Jenson starting to look good now! Bad screw-up from Kovy.
Lewis could come into play later on as well.

Kimi's flying!!
Interesting strategical race going on, even if a bit boring in terms of actual action.

Surprisingly good and solid pace from Trulli, impressed by that.
And Kovy at last doing a ballsy pass!

Wow, something exciting at last! Big one for Jaime, main thing is he's OK.
This restart should be good!

Disappointing for Button. Hopefully he doesn't end up like Hamilton in '07.

Congrats Seb!!!
Flawless drive. I think that's his first Grand Chelem too. Awesome!

Really great drives from Trulli and Kimi too. And Kubica had surprisingly good pace throughout.

Button reckons he will get a extra point for Rosberg going too fast under the safety car. A bit hopeful i think.

matt3454 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Disappointing for Button. Hopefully he doesn't end
> up like Hamilton in '07.

Hopefully he does. He's really been showing how NOT to win a championship from a commanding position.

EC83 Wrote:
> I think that's his first Grand
> Chelem too. Awesome!

Almost, but Webber took the fastest lap with a few laps to go.

Anyway, excellent drives from Vettel and Trulli, it was great to see drivers on the edge the whole race - like at Monza. Great overtaking move from Kovalainen as well, in the running for move of the year i'd say.

X (@ed24f1)
matt3454 Wrote:
> Button reckons he will get a extra point for
> Rosberg going too fast under the safety car. A bit
> hopeful i think.

If Rosberg does get a penalty (can't understand why at the moment), then Brawn will get the constructors.
i can't understand how he beat Heidfeld from being just 11 seconds ahead before the SC

SchueyFan Wrote:
> EC83 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I think that's his first Grand
> > Chelem too. Awesome!
>
> Almost, but Webber took the fastest lap with a few
> laps to go.

Yeah you're right, I was about to say myself. At least Mark got something out of this weekend then! Utter domination from RedBull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 09:32AM by EC83.
tripleM Wrote:
> i can't understand how he beat Heidfeld from being
> just 11 seconds ahead before the SC

Rosberg gunned the safety car lap while everyone else slowed down. Two PBs in the first two sectors. Nice one Nico :p

If he hadn't, it would have been yet another race ruined to add to Singapore and Malaysia (although obviously not on for a podium this time).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2009 09:42AM by elemental.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy