Monza GP *****Spoilers*****

Posted by chet 
Re: Monza GP *****Spoilers*****
Date: September 12, 2009 05:34PM
Posted by: EC83
Good point about Liuzzi, he did a brilliant job. Getting into Q3, and beating the guy he's replacing!

Date: September 12, 2009 06:49PM
Posted by: gav
Weights released. Heikki's performance was rather epic. Expect a Finnish train tomorrow.

Brawns look good. Sutil's performance was better than I thought too - I expected him to be lighter than Hamilton. Kimi could be strong too.
Date: September 12, 2009 06:52PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
Kimi is looking good though, because his KERS should get him past Sutil into Turn 1, and he could end up jumping Lewis at the first stops.

Hopefully Red Bull can make some progress in the race, like Vettel did at Spa, but the first lap will be crucial.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 12, 2009 06:58PM
SchueyFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kimi is looking good though, because his KERS
> should get him past Sutil into Turn 1, and he
> could end up jumping Lewis at the first stops.

It's going to be interesting, as I think Lewis will be strong tomorrow. That race is going to be a fascinating watch.
Date: September 12, 2009 07:00PM
Posted by: ralv585
looks good for kimi, he should have sutil before turn 1, then its a duel between himselkf and lewis.

the mclaren is super fast though, if kimi can keep in touch, say a couple of seconds by the first stops, he's in with a chance.

for me lewis has a 70% chance of winning, if he can build a lead, it will be hard for kimi.

COME IN KIMI!!!

I love you!

Date: September 12, 2009 07:04PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
ferrari is more thirsty thatn mercedes so its not a given that kimi will have any more laps than lewis.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: September 12, 2009 08:02PM
Posted by: Team CLR
Well, well done Brawn! Both their guys are running pretty heavy, and they still managed to be there and thereabouts, looks like they have a clear advantage over both the RBRs.

Date: September 12, 2009 08:10PM
Posted by: Karan
I just want to see anyone of the three contenders except Button win.

Its all nice and dandy that we have 6 different race winners in the past 6 races and so on. Great for Formula One blah blah...but I would trade that all in a heart beat to get the tension of a close championship battle. Watching two/three contenders at the top, battling it head to head, session after session.

Date: September 12, 2009 08:20PM
Posted by: Team CLR
chet Wrote:
> and thinking about it, what right do
> we have to judge another drivers performance. Its
> easy to sit behind a screen and say he could have
> done this/that/the other and though we'd like to
> think it we do not have a single clue about how to
> even get one of these things round a corner a
> tenth of the speed they do.

+1 Chet, very well written and very true.

Date: September 12, 2009 11:16PM
Posted by: Psylark
Brawn for the win. They've got more weight.

Hamilton better not get comfortable at the front. It's not where he's meant to be this season. IMO you can't just get from the back of the grid to the front. It's not helping them at all trying to win at this point of the season. They should focus on next season.

Brawn however...

GPGSL Driver - Season 2, 22nd with IER, who came in 10th in constructors.

Season 3 - Driver 11 for Pheonix. 3 points, 20th in standings.

Season 4 - Test Driver for TSS, currently 1st in testing ranking, TSS also 1st in constructors.
Date: September 12, 2009 11:42PM
Posted by: |_JR_|
Well, Fisi shouldn't be too happy he gave up that Force India now... seriously, how the hell is it possible, the slowest team in the grid suddenly (in Spa) becoming one of the fastest? That's some amazing development. I just don't get F1 these days... xD

(erm.. 1st post here btw... *blush*)
Date: September 13, 2009 12:01AM
Posted by: madotter
Welcome JR, I don't get how Force India have done this either...
Date: September 13, 2009 12:23AM
Just high speed and medium-low downforce circuits - it suits their car (and engine).

They'll not be this competitive in Singapore.
Date: September 13, 2009 12:37AM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
rapid_f1 Wrote:
> ferrari is more thirsty thatn mercedes so its not
> a given that kimi will have any more laps than
> lewis.

+1, i guess Kimi will pit within 1-3laps from Hamilton

Date: September 13, 2009 01:35AM
Posted by: Shinnbob
If people dont understand how Force India are so fast atm they obviously dont watch F1. Its been obvous from other tracks how well the Force India works in a straight line with the highest top speeds at all the tracks compared to other teams.

And Fisi wont be kicking himself really. Hes driving a Ferrari, at Monza, and after this race the Ferrari looks like a very strong car

Date: September 13, 2009 07:47AM
Posted by: kubica2
force india has good aerodynamic efficiency, which helps on fast tracks, and also the mercedes engine which helps even more. but they dont have much downforce compared to other cars so are slow on other tracks. a couple races ago they got a major upgrade to the car, which seems to have also helped, we can see this with current in season testing ban, some cars may make unexpected improvements and otherwise go backwards with new parts like brawn did.

mclaren have through out the year had bad aero efficiency, which makes them very slow through fast turns, but have shown to be good at high downforce tracks like monaco and hungary. but they have the advantage of mercedes engine and kers. In spa we saw, they were very fast in sector 1 and 3 (similar to how the whole monza track is), but they failed in the sector where there was high speed turns.
mclaren have shown to be good at high downforce tracks like monaco and hungary, but remember they didnt show it in monaco because hamilton fluffed it in qualifying.

But also mclaren also have millions of dollars, and they have probably fixed their aero problems, i thought they would would slow through the lesmos, but its not so anymore, and through the parabolica hamiltons car looks more stable then anyone elses, so go figure... its been an interesting season.

I dont think Fisi is kicking himself, i dont think force india will be so fast at any of the remaining races, but ferrari should be. He is living his dream, and he has a chance of points at monza in a ferrari, he has even said he doesnt care if Force india win the remaining races, he is happy to be at ferrari and try his best their. he already has race wins in his career, i think to him a win in a ferrari is a better goal then a win in a force india.
Date: September 13, 2009 10:18AM
Rubens may have to take a 5-place drop for a change of gearbox. They haven't decided whether or not it's needed yet though.

Presumably this is an off-shoot of the fire at Spa after all.
Date: September 13, 2009 10:41AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
gav Wrote:
> Just high speed and medium-low downforce circuits
> - it suits their car (and engine).
>
> They'll not be this competitive in Singapore.

Exactly, Fisichella will be better off in the long run at Ferrari.

And anyway, I think most drivers would find it extremely hard to say no to an offer from Ferrari, even if the car they are already in may be faster at the next track.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 13, 2009 02:09PM
Posted by: y2cwr2005
Damn, we need more low downforce circuits! The start of this race is nuts!

Date: September 13, 2009 03:04PM
Posted by: EC83
Great strategical battle! Rubens and Brawn looking very good now, and Jenson can act as his rear-gunner too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy