> I was unaware that the laws of light and physics
> changed when you moved from an oval to a road
> course. Oh, and yes, Mulsanne is part of a Road
> Course. So is Sebring, Road America, Road Atlanta,
> Suzuka, and Daytona. Other popular road courses
> which host races which have day to night
> transitions in cars which travel as fast as
> Formula One cars.

I would appreciate a reply without mockery. I do know physics, yes, however I don't know about those American tracks which is why I asked (though I agree I didn't mention Mulsanne but thought that was a given).
Re: Monza GP *****Spoilers*****
Date: September 17, 2009 08:14PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
I mock because it is a ridiculous question. It doesn't matter if its an oval or road course. It is a high speed, and in the lighting conditions being discussed. And you know about GT and sports car racing. If you play dumb, you'll get mocked.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 17, 2009 08:36PM
Posted by: Guimengo
There's a difference from only turning left at a stable speed, to driving an oval course where you constantly change directions and speed. I am not mocking you and your narrow mind and selective arguments, and I choose not to fall to your level either.

I know GTs can be extremely fast but not at the same rate of acceleration as F1 and they wouldn't corner at the same speed. I do know they drive 24 hours in Spa and THE Ring, didn't know about Suzuka. I don't know about Endurance except for LM series. I don't want to justify F1 not running at those times, as I even said in my post they could do it, I was indicating one point of argument in F1's "defense".

I am at GPG for leisure, not to mock/get mocked by people who really could be using their time in a better way.
Date: September 17, 2009 08:58PM
There's a difference from only turning left at a stable speed, to driving an oval course where you constantly change directions and speed.

I assume you meant road course for the second part. Your right. There is a difference. NASCAR does it at considerably higher cornering speeds and therefore it should be *more* dangerous. But they just get on with it.

Other than that, no, there is no difference. Light in your eyes is light in your eyes and it doesn't matter whether it's a hairpin or banked 180mph corner. NASCAR does both, and F1 drivers can cope with both.

I know GTs can be extremely fast but not at the same rate of acceleration as F1 and they wouldn't corner at the same speed. I do know they drive 24 hours in Spa and THE Ring, didn't know about Suzuka. I don't know about Endurance except for LM series.

Le Mans Prototypes hit as high speeds as F1 easily and with acceleration that isn't far off. When you get to those sort of speeds, 10mph or an extra second to hit 60mph isn't an issue. And they do Le Mans in varying light levels and with slower traffic around, another variable F1 drivers wouldn't have to cope with. LMPs will hit higher speeds at Le Mans in the pitch black than F1 cars will hit at most of todays circuits (unfortuntely).

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 17, 2009 11:10PM
Posted by: Iceman-Kimi
Yeh, most f1 drivers moan to much, GPDA, it should have been called grand prix drivers moaners association. Luckily Kimi isn't one of them ;) *fanboy mode off* :P

Date: September 17, 2009 11:12PM
Kimi is too busy eating ice cream to moan. When the chiller in the Ferrari garage breaks down, watch the hell he'll unleash.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: September 17, 2009 11:31PM
Posted by: EC83
TBH, when Kimi is speaking in press conferences etc, the tone of his voice could be interpreted as sounding like one long moan. To me personally it's always sounded more like he's just gone there straight from having the wildest night of passion ever.

Date: September 17, 2009 11:32PM
Posted by: chet
Oh forgot to mention.

Who else was supprised at how he went on and on and on in the Monza press conference??!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: September 18, 2009 02:09AM
Posted by: Claus von Stauffenberg
Congratulations, kimi ist Ist der größte Fahrer aller Zeiten
Date: September 18, 2009 05:57AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh forgot to mention.
>
> Who else was supprised at how he went on and on
> and on in the Monza press conference??!!

Yeah I noticed that, did seem pretty chuffed on the podium too

Fair play to him, he's really turned his season around lately :)

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: September 18, 2009 03:03PM
Posted by: SchueyFan
yes, its great to see him getting back towards his best in the last few races - i think his best chance of another win will be at Suzuka, but the Red Bulls should also be strong there depending on how good their update for Singapore is.

i hope he is in a race-winning car again next year, whether that be Ferrari or McLaren, and we see him rekindle some of his form from 2003, 2005 and 2007 in particular.

X (@ed24f1)
Date: September 21, 2009 06:48PM
Posted by: msater
Or in A brawn - unlikely though, it would be nice....

Kimi fascinates me. In 2008, he a rubbish season, where he should have been challenging for the WDC, and instead it's Massa.

Then in 2009, as soon as the car comes good, he's amazing again, wins and podiums abundant.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: September 21, 2009 11:16PM
Posted by: Slash
car's been the same for a long while now

is just that Massa is not driving to finish ahead :p
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy